I think that we need to see this quarter's financial results - if the Company continues to show growth with meeting its targets, we should be heading to the $20 by year-end. i'm holding my shares, but would buy more if we see $14 again prior to the release of this quarter's financial results.
You would have been up over 10% in just days if you had the conviction to short BUFF, rather than waiting. Still high valuation per your analysis. Let us know when you finally decide to rip the cord and go short.
In addition to properly assessing credit matters, you've pointed out how poorly they're able use their cash balances.
Curious, if you think it is "overpriced", what are you waiting for? FYI, I'm long the shares and see significant growth opportunities as was mentioned in a previous post.
now an average estimate of 50 cents for Q2, with one estimate at 60 cents. Frankly, my prior comment of 50 cents is probably light. Buying at the current share levels should provide very good fortunes by this time next year. We should be over $20, providing a minimum IRR of over 20%.
UIHC is going to sail upwards - I'm expecting at least $2/share in 2016 - they're reinsuring their risk, growing and management sounds conservative. Acquisition closing tomorrow. Buy more shares if they're available at the $15 price (where it is at) and hold for at least a couple of years.
UIHC's earnings will be positive, probably in the 10-18 cent range. The company has $20M of reinsurance protection coming, so this catastrophe loss is merely an acceleration - if the company has more catastrophes that significant exceed another $20M, then there will be some declinations in yearly earning estimates. I'm thinking that UIHC will exceed $1.80/share in 2016, and possibly $2/share. Hope that this helps.
Pinky doesn't understand - UIHC will not be in a loss in Q1. He lacks perspective and the ability to assess financial statements.