I bought this way back well below $6. When I did my DD I figured it would drift between #6-$7 for a while and I was really only interested in the diviy at 16% at the time. Anything over $7 is a real bonus. I have had it now for over two years and after listening to yesterday's CC, I hope to keep it for at least another two years or longer. I have reinvested the diviy and now up over 40%, At this rate I will have doubled up in less than 4 years. I just don't like downgrades for no reason.
I find it interesting that the only two guys with questions after the CC were from MLV and Laden. I also thought the questions they ask were already covered in the CC and had little relevance. Their actions drip of being absolutely phony. I wonder how many shorts sales there were yesterday?
I can't believe I completely missed that. Thanks for pointing it out, it will probably make a difference in when and how much i buy. I was waiting for next Tuesday but now I'm thinking tomorrow or Friday.
Exactly, sort of the wide broom theory. In reality I think they are really going after OCWEN strong. They are the ones most, if not all, of the complains are about.
I don't think the 5.5 million have gone on the market yet. If they were you would already see at lease 1.5-2 million in volume. It has been my experience SO's usually happen a few days after the x-date altho I'm sure that's not written in stone. I had already decided I was going to buy more and was waiting till after the settlement date.
That's true, it would be nice if all companies offered DRIP's, but they don't. So this is the next best thing and it has worked for me and I am sure it's doesn't work for others. It is what it is.
It should at least raise the pps to $20.00-$20.50 by the end of the week and the distributions remain at .1624 for the rest of the year. I don't see anything great in this deal, but it's not all bad probably just a push. I guess we will know for sure in 6 years.
I'm not selling until they cut the diviy, I like the history of these guys and the fact they have their own money in the pot. I don't think there is a limit to the pps, you just have to stay on top of all these reits, there will be plenty of sell signs when the time comes.
I tried to do some up to date research on the Golf courses ( National and American), not much out there. There were about 7-8 around the Phoenix area a few years back but are no longer on the present day list, since they are still open I'm assuming they have changed hands in the past few years ( there was also some very needed upgrading on most of them). I feel sure that this was to be short lived deal at NCT and there will be a spin off as soon as possible. Golf courses are not at the top of the food chain right now and many of the ones here are doing heavy advertising and offering special deals and this in what is considered " the season" here. There have seen several re-fi's on them in the last few years which sounds like they were in trouble and probably some of the better properties were sold off in the process for needed cash or at least to lighten the debt burden. I for one do not want to be in the golf course business in the near future (5-10 years).
When I bought KMP a few years ago distributions were about .80 cents. In all those years there has never been a decrease in distributions, including 2007-2009. there have been plenty of increases. During that time my share count has doubled. I have other stocks that have done better, but I always think of KMP as my "rock" I can always depend on.
I'm sure it's from the DRIP. When one has $9B it's hard to spend the distributions every qtr.
I also bought more today but I don't see any pps improvement before 2qtr 2015. Like back just said best of the best. I'll take my 11% and sit back and not worry.
I think Springleaf had a little to do with yesterday. I don't remember the details but FIG, NSM and NRZ were all mentioned about a year ago and FIG ended up with about 2/3rds of Springleaf which was assumed at the time would end up with NSM and NRZ