Another AAPL stallworth looking for better tidings... I went long SWHC amd PAY this week setting up for ER. Both definitely have more upside from here than AAPL does anytime soon!
You must not have watched RGR the same as you are watching SWHC. RGR did the same thing last week. Down PM, opened down, finally climbed and never looked back in the afternoon. SWHC will do the same.
There is usually someone who will buy as a hedge even if it is a few pennies. Now I'm waiting for RGR to post in an hour.
Jumped on it this afternoon, I knew this thing would move 20% one way or the other. Close the puts in the panic selling in the morning, close the calls on the dead-cat bounce shortly after.
CNBC has a decent live blog going:
I'm looking at the open int and I don't see 460. If you look at the calls it looks pinned to 500. The puts are all over the board... either way, I don't see a clear OPEX like we see on the usual weekly's
I called it earlier this week that the MMs were going to pin at 455 for OPX... Looks like it has notched up to 460, but still don't see that changing. I wish I would have sold the naked 435 puts I wanted to sell Monday, but I was worried what would happen with divi action.
I am certainly less bullish on Apple, but I don't understand the whole "no new product" sentiment. March is historically when they have new product introductions... if that time had passed with nothing, I could understand beating the "no new product" drum...
I think you meant AAPL in that last sentence...
I realize that AAPL is not going to "surge" anytime soon, but the trend and the OPX look like it is going to stay neutral. That is also why I was not planning to do anything too far out... just this week's expiration. I mean, come on, even with "no new products" there is a very slim chance that AAPL is going to create another 52wk low in the next 4 days now that everyone has calmed down from the ER... There is also no way that GOOG is coming out with a TV in the next 4 days, there would already be an announcement of a press conference. I'm not thinking of this as a long term strategy, just a short-term play. You really don't think it will stay flat this week?
I'm guessing you mean Thursday? You think there is going to be a sell-off after dividend assignment?
You know I value your opinion. It sure looks to me like we bounced off a solid floor at 435 after earnings and unless there is something earth shattering, it looks like the MMs plan to keep this around 450-455 for max-pain this week. Would you agree? I was thinking about selling a few hundred 435 naked puts for this week to try to recover my losses and while risky, it seems like a very solid bet. Thoughts?
Surely you mean Feb 2014? I am still sitting on Feb 600 calls and have basically written them off.
I did an option straddle, as long as it moves 5% either way then I am making money. I am betting the bubble will pop tonight... but I wanted to hedge just in case.
Uhm.... If you think it is going to 461, why would you short? If you think it is going to drop tomorrow, why wouldn't you short at 461? Amateur.
Good choice. I still have my AAPL Feb calls because they are not worth selling yet. But I bought Yahoo Feb calls this morning. We will see how QCOM looks in two days...
In my attempt to shore up AAPL losses and diversify, I bought Feb YHOO calls this morning :) That should pay off nicely.
If this was assigned he is doing well. Set a stop loss at 445 for today (just incase) and keep riding it up.