Your solution would seem to be, just sell 50% lol. I'm so tempted to sell part now, but for it's always the case of sell today, up tomorow.
What on earth is going with this stock? It hasn't stopped plunging but I havent been able to find a cause! Been thinking of buying in but the price keeps dropping like there's no floor!
I was like... out of all the shares I own, KORS was the one who simply couldn't be one of those freaks that tank on good earnings, especially when market has resumed and uptrend, and... what the mudderf is going on? I'm adding more if it gets to $90.
Oh I see. Thanks for the info. I thought the market down might have SOMEthing to do with it, but not account for this drop. I did regret not buying at $28 but I'm thinking now I might get a chance, but coming off this earnings which I thought was pretty good I'm giving this a pause for thought.
It makes sense to me. I use this sort of compartmentalization. let me applaud you for not posting one of those typical boolsheet posts about how they bought at $30 and sold at $92.
However let me also ask you not to give up, but to take time out. Get out of the markets for a couple months maybe, but don't let this make you so bitter you give up on investing forever. I would say, discipline yourself to ditch the options, learn about the market, study stocks you think are potentials, and then dip your toe in when the market hits a confirmed uptrend again.
So far, I find that IBD method makes sense although I tweak some of the rules. But it will give you a first foundation for a plan. That's what's important, having a plan. I experienced the vicarious ride of stocks like DDD last year where it's easy to think you're a genius when if I had not taken my eye of the candles on a daily basis I would have spotted the signs of weakness at $90+ and at least sold half.
Don't give up. But do take a break if you need it.
Absolutely right. I tried my hand at options this year, and I lost a hell of a lot more than with stocks. If I had just stuck to what I knew, sure, I would be sitting on a small loss compared to start of year. But thinking I could make up for losses by using leverage... let's say I've learnt a ton of lessons about options and the first is I probably should have waitend and built up my portfolio for another year or two before going to them.
Exactly. I think if the only reason to hold is the hopes of a buyout, then its time you drastically reduced your holdings.
da_watchmaner, I think what many people are realising is that the circumstances have changed in terms of sentiment and irrational exuberance. Remember the drop with the pre-warnings? It tanked 27% at open, and I sold then went to sleep in disgust. Imagine my double disgust when I saw that loooong green candle at close of business, and then it went all the way to $80+ again.
However no such thing now. Few people are swooping in thinking what a bargain it is. Reality is setting in, valuations are becoming important again (thanks to Yellen... was it really an idiotic remark "about six months" or was it planned?), and many are going into safe stocks like utilities. Utilities for crying out loud!
So the environment is different, however similar the chart looks.
Thanks, but wasn't this BEFORE the ITC reversed its decision? That would change the picture wouldn't it? How could they flip flop in such a short space of time? This is obviously important as I believe this ClearCorrect business is one reason why ALGN has stayed range bound with real resistance around the $55 mark. It should have gone higher by now.
Sorry I have to admit there are smarter brains than mine here on this.
So what's the bottom line? We went up on the findings of infringement, now there's this claim of reversal in such a short space of time?
In the end what's that mean for us? If I read your post correctly Nandixon, this reversal doesn't change the positive picture that emerged after the initial ruling?
Good thought Scimitar. I think in this current market, I'm definitely not going to try to catch the falling knife. I'd rather miss the early part of the move and catch a surer wave up. Although this current situation seems to have lots of fake rallies so this is going to be a harder to game to win than last. Hearbreaking to see my UBNT as my strongest and in the flash of a few days, force a sell at a loss.
You summarized my experiences exactly. I got suckered by the brief rally in UBNT bought, then sold again for another loss. And just as well, because it kept going down after that.
For KORS I'm worried about that gap that needs filling. Makes we wonder where to place my limit order if I can't watch the intraday action for the next few days.
Intelligent Life! Here's almost a case where fault this time lies not in ourselves, but really with the stars lol.
I only wish I had more cash to buy bargain names. Meanwhile I'll b enjoying Shakespeare in the park while waiting this correction out.