Its all about position/cash flow in these times. Is it a mess out there? Absolutely....I hate looking @ TPLM price as everyone should. But I did the same back in 2009 with financials/banks. Bolster your cash/cash flows during this time and prep for a recovery....or buy protection (puts etc.) to cover your position in case they do go under but that is 1-2 years out before that worry starts.
eh.... after the carnage given in the oil patch 80k is decent. The buyback IMO is probably propping the price up here. But looked like TPLM was the canary in the coal mine. Other names getting killed while this is staying afloat.
they have too much cash......SFY is in dire straights. TPLM can go longer, but price will languish. 2.11 gone=its over.
With oil recovering and this tanking= massive red flag..... I won't touch till 1.4 then I will add 300-400k shares in attempts to get me out of this mess.
Until then hibernate.
They need to sell something or get use to the depressed prices.
I would imagine the company started buying back shares. Usually EOD they make a move.....all in all it did not spur a squeeze, see what happens this week
@ this point I could more than double down...Reduce my average to pennies above the current share price and scale out on a pop. I see value, but the market is relentless now.
50k shares my avg is slightly above 3. I have yet to add......but certainly have powder to do so. Free'd up some capital.
BCEI got wood shedded after ER too. 2.11 is the level from the 8/24 flash crash. that has to hold, I can see lower prices for certain. However oil is stabilizing.........Certainly not a buy but the pricing is redic. due to the fact any bk concerns are now off the table.
LOL that is nothing. You should have seen my MA/V positions....I usually only play the big caps. Been in MA since 2008 V the same
I am holding...have yet to add. I sold BX so I could add around 300-400k shares. I will around 1.4.-2.11 . Oil is recovering and this is declining, I like the misprice.
here is the funny part. Oil prices have bottomed/recovered/stabilized here. Lag in share price due to hedge fund/institutional selling. Its an Option @ this price...........2.11 I see as the target, but with oil going back to 50-60 share price will have to reflect it at some point
which means lots of pain ahead. Then a brief snap back...however 2.7 is the absolute ceiling.
IMO if you were to add/buy wait until 1.43 Other than that its in no man's land till above 2.75
TPLM is lagging severely, it should be up 20-25% given the last report. Nearing 50 oil = strike range.
market isn't pricing in a recovery, so yes you might be able to catch the lag.