No hijack. I am very excited about the future. We been here a very long time thru a lot of ups and downs, a little dreaming is in order!
With over 100 million dollars in the bank and no debt Inovio clearly has the upper hand. If PH2 data comes in positive all the stars will be lined up for an epic run that could go in the record books. We're not there yet but so close you can feel it. Share price may or may not ease down a little in the next very short period of time, It really don't matter here.
YET! This bodes very well for everyone here so I am not sure why the shorts keep bringing that up. Keep in mind that less than two years ago (May 2012) Gilead (GILD) started their first PH3 trial in oncology. Their share price is now up about $60.00 a share. I bet their long term holders are very glad they didn't wait!
Actually Vipgem, This was great. I have been here since 2008 when there was less than 40m shares out and this is the first time they could make a good deal for them. By that I mean at a good price and with no warrants. The no warrants is HUGE. Those are what stagnates the price for a period of time after. IMO this is the best thing all around for the company since I have been here. And don't forget who owns that $100,000,000 dollar war chest. You and I. Going to be an amazing year that some of us have waited for a long time to be a part of. GL
2) Definitely, as confirmed by INO last time
3) Very low percentage
4)To some degree, predetermined in the big picture
I think they are going full steam down two parallel roads. Partnership and going it alone. Path will eventually merge. Good strategy in my opinion.
LOL. I can envision people showing up at the shareholer meeting in pickup trucks with these big burlap sacks. At what point do you transition from bagholder to sackholder. I keep thinking of that commercial where the the guy gets rushed in to the emergency room and they are yelling " he's got money coming out the yazoo"
Inovio website. SEC filings;
We are registering under this registration statement such indeterminate number of shares of common stock and preferred stock, such
indeterminate principal amount of debt securities, such indeterminate number of warrants to purchase common stock, preferred stock
and/or debt securities, and such indeterminate number of units as may be sold by the registrant from time to time, which together shall
have an aggregate initial offering price not to exceed $125,000,000.
You're sounding like me last Spring! I like it. I do wonder if there was someone that wanted in quickly and couldn't get there without driving the price up on themselves as they bought in the open market. I guess we will know when we find out the details and how much "incentive" was given in price cut or warrants. If there was little incentive then it will be percieved well and SP will respond accordingly. If there is a lot of incentive then we could be stagnant for a short time. We will see.
These guys are right in some ways. In fact, 6 months after the last offering I had to buy a horse to carry mine on. I hope I have to buy another one. My bag is swelling big time. GL
Yes Catch. We have seen this many times before have we not. A lot of anger and speculation at first but it has always turned to smiles later. I am confident this will be the case this time. GL
detriver, not sure how long you have held INO but in the past this same discussion always comes up. It has actually been addressed by Bernie H. at INO. It is for better partnership leverage and for future trials but also as a "hedge" against bad ph2 results. The results of that trial are not known yet. Management is confident but they don't know. That is why they don't wait until results are released. If they KNEW the results were good they definitely would wait until after. But they don't. A bird in hand is better than two in the bush. While it will cost me some paper money tomorrow I am confident it is a wise decision. GL
Sorry sand but thats not possible for many reasons. 1 being the math for the timeline don't work out. Not even close. 2 is they can't "sit" on material information which that definitely is and they surely can't act on it. There are more but those two alone is enough. The fact is that J.Kim is making a strategic decision that we will not know until it plays out. This is why I really like the prospects of this company. The management is of the highest quality out there. We all know this. We can only sit in the back and speculate and have faith in the driver. I'm comfortable with a Wharton grad at the helm. Should be a very interesting (and profitable) year. GL
I agree. Obviously they have a plan. Either you are on board or not. You believe or you don't. I have seen J. Kim make some bold moves including in 2009 when he first took over he raised money at 3.00 that was a brilliant move. One of the best I have ever seen. I said I wouldn't buy anymore because I have enough (250k) but it is hard to resist when these oppurtunities come along. Point is, If you are in it for the long term don't let the big oppurtunities slip buy. Next week or so should be interesting. GL
After the dilution in March 2013, I made the largest single trade in INO than i had ever made in the 5 previous years. 50,000 shares at .52 As of this minute I have a profit of $160,000 on that trade. Just thought I would share my experiance with the prior dilution. I have done this several times since 2008. GL