i haven't read a single thing about a takeover rumor beyond this stupid message board.
it's up today! but i hate to say it: it's probably a blip on a further downward slope. i sold yesterday morning at $295, and somehow the realities of ICPT seem a little clearer now that I'm out.
the thinking yesterday was that 2H of 2019 would be the earliest approval period. it's hard to believe that with GILD's resources they couldn't catch up to that timeline, since they're in PII with their NASH drug right now.
read the reports. they expect the drug to hit the market, if approved, 2H19 or 2020. it's a 72-week study, which brings just that phase to 2017's doorstep. you're dreaming, thinking this rolls out next year.
I think this would actually be pretty smart, although GILD did just buy, Phenex, a small player in the NASH space. The only thing buying ICPT would do is jump them from PII to PIII in the clinicals, right?
I'm long but am actually a little concerned myself about a late 2019 or even 2020 launch. that's a long time to wait for the candy everybody wants.
I'm wondering if it's the timeline: "Current model assumes launch in US 2H19. That may be an aggressive timeline..."
I'm just not worried about short-term moves in stock price. The strategic things BABA has been doing will continue to build a bigger and better company, which will mean a strong stock...one of these days.
Makes me think that this is a company going out of its way to do the right thing for growth and exploring new areas. It's kind of amazing, how much stuff they have going on in so many logical directions.
the market cap is $6.7 bil. i'm thinking their NASH treatment would do that much in sales in just the first couple of years...
Waiting for this one to "break out" is like watching a snail cross a sidewalk and hoping it starts to run. Nevertheless, I'm long.