When you read those parts that try to tell you the value of the patents, you smile and TRIPLE DOWN. Down history lane...just one licensee paid $200 million for a limited license. There is a subsisting appeals court confirmation of infringement on two patents relating to an award of $368 million. Two others are up for reconsideration. Yet, some fool would short and tell you rubbish. Just the Royalty payments on the two confirmed infringement alone could run into hundreds of millions, excluding the actual award. There is also the lawsuits relating to OTHER NEWER AAPL Products and Skype. Haa..haa. I laugh again. HOLDING 19315 shares of VHC and MY MONEY IS IN THE BANK HERE. Thank you guys.
Note dropped in at 1:36 pm
Check it now it's there
I failed to add, and this is germain to the redetermination, that the USPTO has, subsequent to the USCAFC ruling, terminated the reexamination proceedings with respect to VirnetX's U.S. Patent Nos. 6,502,135; 6,839,759; 7,418,504; and 7,921,211. The last two - 7418594 and 7921211 being the once going for redetermination. Surprised investors did not realize the importance of the CC the company quickly called to broadcast news of this USPTO action. Well, I did, and bought with all my might.
Here's what the whole stuff is all about:
RULING: The USCAFC
1. Affirmed the jury’s finding that all 4 of VirnetX’s patents are valid.
2. Confirmed the jury’s finding of infringement of VPN on Demand under many of the asserted claims of the ‘135 and ‘151 patents,
3. Confirmed the district’s court’s decision to allow evidence concerning the VirnetX’s licenses and royalty rates in connection with the determination of damages.
NOW, THE HARD STUFF FOR SOME FOLKS:
1. The USCAFC vacated the district court’s claim construction with respect to parts of the ‘504 and ‘211 patents
2. The USCAFC VACATED AND REMANDED the district court's determination of infringement with respect to FaceTime
3. VACATED AND REMANDED the district court's damages award.
WHAT DOES ALL THESE MEAN:
1. The ruling confirmed that Apple INFRINGED on the -135 and -151 patents.
2. Evidence regarding VHC's license and royalty rates apply and would be used to determine the amount of damages to be assessed for the infringed patents.
3. So, for PATENTS 135 and 151, this is MONEY IN THE BANK for VHC (amount needs to be determined)
WHAT THE HARD PART MEANS:
1.The claim construction applied by the district court in claims 504 and 211 was vacated and has to be redetermined. This decision only applies to those two patents and no more.
2. The damages award is VACATED and REMANDED. This is obvious since the claims regarding 504 and 151 patents are subject to redetermination, as well as determination of infringement with respect to FaceTime.
1. DAMAGES FOR the 135 and 151 Patents would be redetermined. That is MONEY IN THE BANK FOR VHC
2. There will be a close to a retrial for the 504 and 211 patents. The claims were not rejected. Only the claim construction applied by the lower court was vacated.
CAUTION: I AM LONG VHC
Of course you know that shorts are able to play here because they have also been buying what they are shorting. You can see how their trading reacts to posts on Yahoo board. Are you telling yourself that MITK is worth $85 million? When it was priced to lose to USAA it was trading around $3.40. Last ER was great, but the stock didn't move because of the USAA suit. See how t=it is staying at $2.77 where the last poster stated that he bought??? So, if you like money and want to make it, you buy in. If you don't you short more or crawl back. You will chase this think closer to $5 in a few days to few weeks. Good news have always been pried on by those that have inner advantage..until everyone else leaves. Then you chase it.
I just read what Moody's wrote a few minutes ago and I remembered reading your post earlier today. It seems like Moody's plagiarized your post. Hmm, to think that there's someone on this Board that actually has some brain. You should go work for some of the folks buying the shares today..they need your type. See what Moody's wrote below? "New York, September 11, 2014 -- Moody's Investors Service said today that RadioShack Corporation's (Caa2 negative) anticipated recapitalization plan which it expects to announce in the near term will not by itself solve the company's primary problem which is anemic store traffic, margin erosion and chronic revenue declines. The anticipated recapitalization will buy the company additional time to implement its turnaround strategy particularly store closures but unless management is successful in stabilizing the company's margins and reverse the precipitous revenue declines we expect the company to find itself in the same precarious position it is in today in about 12-18 months. "
Not a single reason not to go for more but let's see goes. Always but when it turns into a chess game...AND HOLD
Apart from beating handily on the ER, they guided for over 35% YOY report for the next qtr. AND they have $17 million left to buy back shares from their program. Why is LITB trading below $6?? Why does any one see a shorting opportunity here? I only bought 1000 today but really would like some intelligent answers here. Shouldn't LITB be closer to $10?
So if "Our East Coast residential sales team sold $15 million for the quarter" is true, then it means that the talk about them not hitting higher targets from the commercial division is false/misleading. Moreover if they are receiving 7.8% higher sales price for those huge residential sales, while decreasing the cost of acquisition by 7.5%, there is a 15% positive number in the residential business. I believe the math is clearly on RGSE side, but, as usual, the market misreads the numbers at first before correcting itself.
So they should have some decent cash plus the $22 million receivables reported.
schuler..the writer may not have as much money as you do but ever heard of a guy named Donald Rumsfeld??? In 2004 he told fools like you..."you go to war with the army that you have..."
Well, if it pleases you, I bot 7200 from that sale at $2.24/$2.22. Another commoncents?
You guys will see how this trade tomorrow. Take the gifts if you are buying ...it's free $$$
You buy little at a time. If you want to get three thousand, spread it. 1000 today, 1000 on Monday and 1000 on Tuesday. I bought 4000 today.
But it's all good if you have cash to load like I did under $5
Shorts will take some profit before waiting for BK. It's already heavily shorted and until you cover, you sink with the longs
Patience works well in this business. I was going to buy on Friday above $7 but held off. Will grab a little more b4 EOD. Let's see how it goes before adding
Seems like you've followed GEVO as much as I did. I left for a while too when it was around $3. But, really, seeing that they've started shipping refined chemicals in addition to ethanol, I I got about 9000 shares so as to hold through its Q2 report. After reading the piece on Seeking Alpha on Thursday, I am really surprised to see it down here. It seems like they have their stuff together