The AML data looks very good, we should get the complete results by July 11-14, then phase 3 is planned,. Pracinostat in combination with Vidaza could very well be the standard of care for adult AML
MEIP has following catalysts coming up in approx order this year :
1. AML 6 month phase 2 trial data on all 50 patients, Abstract on -line May 21, presentation at EHA June 11-14 where there may be further update. Plans to begin pivotal P3 AML trial in JUN15
2. Phase 2 refractory MDS data expected July- Aug 2015
3. ME-344 (mitochondrial inhibitor IV anti-cancer agent)--P1B Trial, ClinicalTrials.gov ID NCT02100007 w/ results expected mid-2015 (2-3Q15 estimate) for open-label P1B trial in combination w/ HYCAMTIN (topotecan) for treatment of small cell lung & ovarian cancers. In OCT14 dosed first pt in cohort expansion stage of trial
4. PWT143: PI3K delta inhibitor anti-cancer agent which is expected to begin clinical trials during 1H15
6. Complete MDS data phase 2 in DEC 2014
Abstracts of 6 months AML will be available on-line on May 21. During the June 11-14 EHA presentation it is possible we may get additional updates
May 21, 2015 (12:00 CET) Abstracts available online Vienna 20th Congress June 11-14. Can be googled.
Phase 2 AML data will be posted in abstract form on -line on May 21 for EHA presentation June 11-14
Don't expect MEIP to get much lower than $2.12 even if the overall market drops off more. Will excellent AML data update so far, more cash at hand than present share price, additional drugs in the pipe line with catalysts coming up in June and beyond, MIEP should continue an upward trajectory.
I would suggest anyone interested in this stock watch the conference presentation this week from beginning to end on MEI pharma website, it is very well presented and very optimistic of future prospects.
Disclosure - I am long
They have already submitted abstract on all 50 patients to ESH of 6 months follow up. That data clearly is good, they might add additional follow up during the ESH meeting, If data holds up, that would be good news indeed
Eisai will train their existing epilepsy reps to sell Belviq also, that way they save money which they would have paid their 150 dedicated Belviq reps. Maybe they will put that money into more advertising. So this may not be a negative, With the lower price of Belviq, Eisai is probably forced to make these adjustments,
The problem with making pennies trading can be that you can miss decent move up. If AML interim data hold up, this could be in $5 range by year end or much before