Now I have even more shares and I will continue to add if it goes down even further. MMs are playing with huge daily swings right now, but sooner or later that pattern will break.
ROLMAO, going under $1 hasn't happened and simply going under $1 doesn't mean delisting for a long, long time. It's 180-days from the exchange notice and the notice isn't sent until after 30 consecutive days under $1. Even then that compliance notice isn't sent out on the 31st day. Nice Try!
I thought about it but really BTU's announcement may not shed much light for ACI/ANR/WLT. These (3) companies have been lumped together and the earliest company to report is ACI on 2/3/15. Up until that point the Hedge Funds will continue their attacks because everyone is in the quite period. I'm sure they are betting that ACI won't report early like they did last quarter, but if these basket of stocks go below the 75 cents levels, I would think one of them would come out early.
Until then, that 95 cent WLT price you're looking at now may not seem like such a bargain next week. This is why I'm fully prepared to double my ANR holding should we get down to certain levels. Hulk may get his wish yet!
"Our negative outlook is based on our assumption that coal prices will remain depressed for at least another year."
Now we have to hope the S&P doesn't come out with a credit downgrade for ANR, prior to BTU's earnings. I'm a bit hesitant to think they would only downgrade one company's debt, but we do have a better debt ratio than BTU. I'm sure the Hedge Funds won't blink for a moment to take another opportunity to put out derogatory PR. At least now this issue can be addressed by BTU versus the S&P coming out after their earnings. Aren't assumptions great!
I don't know if we'll overtake ACI today but Cramer's note about the S&P comments/downgrade of BTU's credit rating sent all coal stocks down. Yes, we understand the S&P's point that coal prices will be depressed for the coming year. This stock (ANR) however is priced for immediate BK filing and that's not happening, certainly not anytime soon.
The S&P note is right before BTU's earnings and they must have figured to pile on with the recent BTU CEO announcement. The S&P note states: "Our negative outlook is based on our assumption that coal prices will remain depressed for at least another year."
I repeat the stock IS NOT RadioShack, which has about 1-2 weeks of cash left and with delisting concerns. We may be priced for those actions, but are nowhere near such announcements.
Hey folks, just put this person screwedonaclaim on ignore instead of going back and forth about sensitive issues. The ignore button is there for a reason!
Sorry, if your comment was attached to a message from one of the many board bashers I have on ignore, I wouldn't get to see it. Regardless, we aren't the only two that see this as a positive.
It doesn't make much sence because RICE is up but I would think we'd need to touch that $1.01 level again before heading higher.
Okay Hulk, why do you only post on the ANR board but keep stating ACI is in better shape? I went to the ACI board and don't see any recent posts from you. You stated you no longer have a position in ANR, so unless I'm right and you're simply wanting a lower entry price into ANR, what gives?
Please don't simply respond with the CAPP line, engage me, I want to know what's really happening. We both know neither of these companies are going BK and ANR has so much less debt and monthly interest rate payments, so why would you think ACI is stronger? It's funny that BOA came out months ago and predicted that WLT and ACI would touch $1.00 but they said ANR would only go to $1.50.
I know the cash equivalents had taken a hit this quarter and a bit last quarter due to the RICE holding, but other than that ANR is the strongest.
I agree with your assessment and I'm hoping to hear something this coming quarter but I think that's still a few quarters out. Vining left for the Cline group and they are openly stating they are interested in acquiring Canadian mines and BTU is bidding on the Mongolian mine, so there are buyers out there.
Nice trade, I got out too early around noon at $1.13 and back in today at $1.05. You seem to be catching the highs and lows much better than myself, but I'm trading high volumes and don't want to chance it.
He could have just purchased at $1.02. but got greedy and held out hope for $1 or below. That didn't happen and now it's sour grapes for him because he missed a great buying opportunity.