finviz has 7.06% float short. 353mil float X .0706 = 24,921,800 shares short. Don't know how old their data is though.
I really don't think you have any understanding of what is going on. not knowing your specific holdings I will try to help you out.
After the divestiture
Talen Energy will own and operate the combined competitive power generation businesses of Energy Supply and RJS Power, with PPL's SHAREOWNERS owning 65% of Talen Energy's outstanding common stock and Riverstone's affiliates owning the remaining 35%.
notice it says PPL SHAREHOLDERS OWNING 65% of talen energy, not PPL owning the 65%
pre spinoff if you held 100 shares of PPL @ $34.77 worth $3,477
after the spin you still have 100 shares of PPL@ 31.81 worth $3,181 plus
12 shares of TLN @ $18.76 worth $225 plus you will receive $9.37 for the half share you did not receive
pre spin your position was worth $3,477
post spin your positions were worth PPL $3,181 + TLN $225 + cash $9.37
TOTAL WORTH $3,415.12
hope this helps
not according to ColoradoWealthManagementFund on SeekingAlpha
that's the problem nobody knows anything yet. it's all speculation until all the blanks are filled in. all I have to go on is past experience. I mentioned the other day that I have been involved in rights offerings before and they've worked out just fine and I made money on them. personally I don't care what anybody does. for all anybody knows this coop could be third grader writing dissertations on his recess break. I could be kindergartener pretending to be an investor. you never take advice from anybody on a message board.
Come on coop you have lead shareholders down the wrong path in the past. I'm sure many here remember your call of no dividend cut a few months back. I remember three or four post that took a week to read each one of them. you were so darn sure they weren't going to cut the dividend. It's okay to have an opinion but you're being ridiculous now. you have no more clue now then you had back then on how this will all play out so give it a rest. sell your shares if you're not happy but don't keep blowing smoke up everybody's end zone like you know for sure what's going to happen.
I don't believe the rights will cost you anything. the company will give you the rights and along with a certain amount of cash will allow you to buy shares of the new company. the particulars have not been disclosed yet so nobody really knows how it's going to all work out.
I have participated in three rights offering in the past and have never had a problem with any of them and have made money on all of them. I am NOT saying that that will happen with this one but you're just blowing everything way out of proportion Pal