Someone posted this last year and it is deserving, I think, of viewing again.
1. AFREZZA's Ultra Rapid Action is nearly an exact mirror to the endogenous post prandial insulin spike in a healthy non diabetic body, and as such it enters the body quickly and is active during the correct time frame to handle the meal time spike in blood sugar
2. As a physiologic meal time prandial insulin it is even more critical that it does its job and then rapidly exits the body without leaving behind a long insulin "tail" that leads to dangerous drops in blood sugar/hypoglycemic events, and insulin stacking problems. The currently available prandial insulin products, even the "rapid acting" insulins such as Humalog and Novolog are way too slow and linger for way too long after meal time digestion is over. This leads to these currently available insulins transitioning from prandial insulins to becoming "more basal" insulin. This effect does lower HbA1c levels making them appear more efficacious to the ignorant/uninitiated, but that IS NOT A GOOD THING (though the closed minded FDA staffers would have us believe otherwise)! HbA1c as a long term average is a very poor and incomplete statistical measure for quantifying how you are managing your diabetes. The trials for AFREZZA heavily relied on HbA1c endpoints whilst discounting more important measures such as fasting blood glucose levels, time spent in target range, leveling out blood sugar levels with higher lows and lower highs, reduced weight gain, less hypoglycemic events, etc...
3. Defensive snacking is largely eliminated with AFREZZA leading to weight loss, there is no longer a need to "feed the insulin" or face the risk of immediate coma or death.
4. Complex mealtime titration is not necessary due to the PK/PD of AFREZZA. This is huge for patient convenience and compliance
5. Constant finger pricks for blood glucose monitor testing is greatly reduced due to the PK/PD of AFREZZA. THIS IS A HUGE BENEFIT that the FDA
Well, all of the institutions that make money from all of the support products from diabetes, glucometers, testing supplies, insulin pumps, surgeons, hospitals, shoes, needles, syringes, doctors visits, laboratories, and yes, even body bags and mortuary concerns, (including coffins, flowers, cards, grave sites or crematoriums, police escort,) shipping companies or Ups and Fedex and USPS, and not to mention the Federal Government in the loss of taxes on the sales of everything due to the effectiveness of Afrezza. God forbid there is a cure or near cure or even effective treatment for something in our society. Progress is well-------, go and read Ayn Rands book and you can realize this is simply yet another Atlas Shrugged event-without a doubt.
From the Motley (whatever).
"Investors in Ocata would probably be wise to lick their wounds, and look to reinvest their proceeds in more promising names."
Say What? This is what everyone thinks because the BOD did not get a good buyout. Why not offer a 1 for 1 stock exchange. That would be better than a stick in the eye. Pun intended.....
Actually there are 15 instead of 5
6. AFREZZA has absolutely zero side effects for the vast majority of patients, and very very minor side effects for a tiny minority of patients, such as a minor cough that quickly goes away as you adjust to inhaling the medicine. This drug is very safe, and very effective. In fact AFREZZA will be one of the safest and most effective drugs the FDA will ever approve.
7. AFREZZA will be (by orders of magnitude) the best insulin product on the market for making between meal adjustments for all diabetics across the spectrum of the disease. Currently available prandial insulins are far too slow. AFREZZA allows us to live in real time for the first time. Even patients who choose not to use AFREZZA as their everyday bolus, will NEED to have this product at their disposal for just this reason.
8. AFREZZA is the only prandial insulin with the Ultra Rapid Action needed to close the loop for the artificial pancreas. It's the missing piece that allows this project to move forward.
9. The unique and novel PK/PD of AFREZZA allows the patient to know their blood sugar levels are safe when they go to bed and not fear dying in their sleep as occurs with currently available products.
10. Patients on AFREZZA have far less blood sugar extreme highs and lows which lead to a myriad of health problems: blindness, organ failure, amputation, coma, death.
11. AFREZZA will be the first and only Ultra Rapid Acting insulin.
12. AFREZZA is easy for anyone to use, even the elderly and young children. The device is a marvel of modern design, small, efficient, and effective. Simple to use, inexpensive and disposable, few moving parts, you don't even have to break it down and clean it! This is exactly the type of revolutionary product that the FDA needs to make available to the public
I do not believe this to be a scam. It's like calling Edison's attempt at perfecting a light bulb a scam. He and his dozen or so muckers spent much time and energy to perfect something that would change the world. The same thing is happening here. So shells, try and be more understanding.
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary. Has nothing to do with this company
13. Approval of AFREZZA opens up the Technosphere drug/device platform for pharma development for many other innovative products to come such as pain relief medicines and vaccines. This is the type of innovation that the United States needs to remain the world leader for, lest we by surpassed by companies in other countries, and we are forced to watch the United States take a back seat.
14. AFREZZA breaks down every barrier that physicians and patients face in initiating insulin therapy: 1. Needles, 2, Weight Gain, 3. Fear of Hypoglycemic Events, 4. Complicated Educational Process, 5. Gaining Patient Compliance
15. Research indicates that AFREZZA slows the progression of the disease. More studies are necessary for a final verdict, but wow--what a benefit!
Getting you to show up. Thanks. Again, you are an ignorant, abusive and empty personality who has no life but to harass everyone by disparaging them on this board and other boards, (except the Colonel). It is most probable that you have no friends in real life and no family. Go get some counseling and start swabbing the deck Boy (because you act like a child). And, stop drinking all that Black Jack.
I think it's too late. The powers to be are not going too let this happen, it appears. It will affect too many other manufacturers of Diabetes equipment. ....Talking about billions of dollars. If this were going to happen, it would have already happened. There is no advertising, no information about advertising, hardly any doctors know about this, and no one in society knows about it. So, it looks like a total shutdown by Sanofi, in my opinion.