They reported filed quarter on August 9th and had a conference call. Add about 3 months plus or minus a few days. The earnings report will not be intreresting as there is no income and expenses are trrending slowly up as they already stated. They should have no news and cannot provide additional info not already posted. The Fly on the Wall post said it well. AMPE discussed the study for Ampion going forward and what their BLA application needs to have.as to design.
Both Cove and Sparrows had FERC approvals. The killer at sparrows Point was the necessary dredging to get ships there. Cove apparently does not have this issue.
Ake - The $50B Alaska plan is back up and runninig according to contractors in Fairbanks. The plan now is to get the gas to the Western US where California would love to have it to generate electricity and Canada would love to send it to Asia. No thoughts on happening by does seem a waste to flare all that gas in AK.
Here at home we are finishing a line to export NG to Mexico!
Interesting article. Especially when it is not true. We are exporting propane. There is no shortage that my family - Iowa and Nebraska - could find. The only problem for the farmers and consumers is that with exports up so is the price. retail and contract prices seem to be up about 20% compared to a year ago. Have no ida how much of this is the shutdown of Heritage and olding into APU.
The only shortages are related to the capacity to deliver to the farmers. When everyone wants propane in basically the same week then many need to wait. Pretty simple concept in that the distributors are not going to add 50% more trucks etc for demand that spikes only at harvest time and then only when farmers choose to dry and store because of weak pricing.
I suspect the confusion we are having is CPRX received a breakthrough status under the orphan drug approval process and AMPE is hoping for a fast track decision after the phase 3 trial. See the other thread.
I am simply reporting what AMPE told me. Don't shoot the messenger. I have simply tried to report what I was told. Suggest someone else call them and ask. I received a return call within the day.
Don't shoot the messenger. I called AMPE and simply reported exactly what they told me. Could it be that different drugs have different rules? Looking at the CPRX website suggests their application was approved as an "orphan drug".
The following is from their website 'Catalyst expects that it will report top-line results from the double-blind portion of this Phase 3 trial during the second quarter of 2014 and, if the trial results are successful, Catalyst expects to submit a new drug application (NDA) with the FDA in the first half of 2015'.
AMPE has siad they should have test results published in approximately May of 2014 - match with the CPRX time- and would then apply to the FDA expecting a decision in either late 2014 if they receive fast track approval or in q2 of 2015 if the do not.
I suspect we are talking about two different things since AMPE is saying they expect in the worst case a decision in the same timeframe as CPRXs worst.
PS - Dominion has approval for Cove Point terminal that is close from FERC. Right now more terminals are proposed than can be utilized.
Interesting comment. Did not think you would export wet gas as it would have contaminants and not compress as far. There are other LNG terminals on the US East coast. One of them wwill export gas from Marcellus/Utica
mktply - Can we move on. I do not read jforuus' posts, but ETP went from .893875 to .905 which is .01125 and thus it is .045 annually. Actually by my math that would mean an increase of .115 in the coming year as the increases are cumulative. That would suggest an increase to .91625 for Q4, .93 in Q1 of 14, .94125 in Q2 or a run rate of $3.76 vs the old run rate of .3.575. That would be a growth rate of about 5%. Similar to EPD and higher than OKS, MWE and others.
Bill - As you said the Fast Track request is suggested at a preBLA meeting. The specifics of the BLA application are lined out and idscussed. Again correct. What you suggest, however, is that they filed for Fast Track. They cannot file their BLA until phase 3 is completed.
Until they file their BLA:
How can the FDA decide on Fast Tracking?
They have not filed a BLA application, thus no ruling could be possible. Correct?
You are also correct in that neither the minutes of the company is under any obligation to disclose anythingf since nothing really material to the company was discussed that changes anything. This is good news because it means there are no minefields that AMPE had not seen.
The computer modelling is almost the same program for every broker. Understand your postings and have no issues. I have lately been using sort of a contrarian model figuring that regression to the mean and companies with no good news but a good business model will get it turned around. My issue is cannot buy into more MLPs so am buying things like RDS who just had a terrible quarter (only made a bit over $4B.) and have good prospects going forward. I do not buy what i do not understand. I own small bits of E&P companies both large and small along with some REITS, bank preferreds. Looking now to get into preferreds that have manditory calls features.
Super - Suggest you read the regs and actually try speaking with AMPE. They cannot file for a fast track until they have a completed phase 3 trial. They do not have one. Also the FDA on the fast track has 2 weeks to consider the application and then 6 months to reply.
If AMPE applied for anything with the FDA it is news and must be disclosed.
Bill - A pre BLA meeting is exactly that - a meeting to make sure that when the company applies that they have everything in the format desired by the FDA and the study will meet FDA requirements. Again - if you doubt me CALL AMPE YOURSELF.
This report is from June. It is full of half truths and omissions. The upcoming Optina trial with a standardized dose will show the proof or not.
According to the FDA and Ampion the fast track hapens AFTER the next and final trial. The fastest is about a 4-6 month review AFTER the next trial results are out in about May. That IS the fast track! The regular review is 10-12 months.
No problem. As to meeting notes - there are notes released from a BLA application and meeting. What happened was a PRE meeting and all that was decided is basically nothing. AMPE goes forward with a study that should have results out in May.
FWIW - while Ampoin will likely be a money maker to AMPE it is Optina that poses a risk to other pharma. Would think a significant offer possible here after the first of the year. it is sort of a game of chicken with optina's competitors.
What will AMPE have to announce next week? Do you not understrand the next announcements barring something happening regarding a partnership deal with someone or a sale of a product is the announcement of the studies for Ampion on Optina for final phase 3 trials. Suggest you call AMPE if you doubt this.
Your quesion is serious? There have never been any specific names and they would not tell as it would destroy the deal. As to names you can probably come up with a few. Just think of competitors for Optinsa and Ampion. Am sure one or two of those would be on the list. AMPE mentioned they were in discussion with a big pharma company on Zertane and they have said that discussion is still ongoing.
Yes. Cannot make up all that info. Thus we now have the time frame which if the FDA drags its feet would be about a May 2015 approval for both Optina and Ampion. I still think that a larger drug company is going to come into play with one of those - probably Optina as it is the biggest threat to existing drugs. The question really is probably will AMPE sell one or more of its products and take the rest all the way or would they take a big short term payday? No opinion on that one.
Marv - I actually do not care about BWP as to forecast and current unit price. Am happy to accumulate units with a good stable return. I actually have BWP as part of my bond allocation $$. It pays better than most bonds with little bownside. FYI, I have access to CS, WF, MS, BofA and three other analyists.
The meeting yesterday had no significant news. Thus AMPE will begin enrolling patients for a final trial. That trail wil take about 20 weeks to get results. At that point AMPE needs to put in an application and the FDA has about 60 days to respond. That then starts the clock for the review process of either an expedited review or the full review. Figure May 2014 for the final study and another 6 months to a year for final aproval.
Optina interestingly has almost exactly the same schedule for the approval process. IR also reported negotiations continue with Zertane for a pertner.
What does this mean - we have a while to wait and as things get closer to approval then the companies who would be pushed out by the approval of AMPE's Ampion and Optina will probably come back again to try to either buy AMPE or buy the products. AMPE has products that others would like to either own or have go away. Still lots of moving parts.