Dow up 186. Big move up fro crude ng and some coal stocks. NRP was
the ONLY stock in the universe that did not open up (opened flat). NRP
now up on extremely low volume. If volume picks up, NRP shares will crash.
Appreciate your comments jrad. You ar the best.
Believe ANR plans to come out of chapter 11
and continue with their coal business. Good news
for NRP I would think. Hard to find a positive with
any of the fossil fuel businesses (coal, ng and crude). Most are losing
money but continue to "protect market share".
My big issue with NRP right now is that Hogan (Pres. & COO)
is not buying shares (units) Means to me that he does not
see a turnaround coming for NRP.
NRP's recent performance is really ugly. Note:
1 Dow up 200 points today.
2 ALL coal stocks up today EXCEPT NRP.
3. NRP shares down 10 of last 11 trading days (almost 25%) with only 20 trading
days till ex.
3. NRP shares trading 23 cents above historic record low.
4..10 year fed funds below 2% while NRP shares yield more than 14%.
Obviously sellers of NRP shares believe that the distribution is
AS I HAVE POINTED OUT SEVERAL TIMES, NRP MANAGEMENT IS NO
LONGER BUYING NRP SHARES. The President and Chief Operating
Officer owns only $27,000 of NRP shares while he made more than
$800,000 last year. He obviously has no hope that NRP can survive and
he should be fired. Share price has dropped 85% since he took over
Moody's said today that 2015 EBITDA for coal shares are down 25% and will
be down another 10% in 2016.. Don't know what coal companies they are
using but these numbers will break most coal companies not already
More bad news: The BTU reverse split was effective today. Stock
spit 1 for 15 and dropped 15%.
NRP shares now down 8 consecutive trading days, more than 22%. Another down day coming tomorrow
which is the last day of the third quarter.
Seeking Alpha and Motley Fools contributors post as follows:
1. "year of death for coal" (2015)
2 China coal imports down 31.3% in 2015
3. US coal consumption down from 1.1 trillion to 900 million tons since 2013.
4. Seeking Alpha and Motley Fools contributors think that BTU and ACI are
going under. I agree.
5. Low natural gas prices, epa rulings, global warming scares by Obama,
China and the Pope have destroyed coal.
Only way for BTU to survive is to find a way to make money with lower
world wide coal consumption. BTU NEEDS NEW MANAGEMENT NOW!!!
Dow down 171. Crude dropping but ng up fractionally. Coal stocks down. Unless US coal
companies can learn to make money with lower coal consumption, all will bankrupt. NRP too.
NRP continues to crash.
Very negative coal news from Seeking Alpha and Motley Fools
contributors. Seeking Alpha calls 2015 "the year of death in the
coal industry". Other key points"
1. China coal imports down 31.3%.
2. Thermal coal in the US down from 1.1 billion tons to 900 million
tons since 2013. Expected to continue to drop rapidly.
3. Major headwinds are cheap ng, epa regs and climate change
scare (the Pope, Obama, China, epa etc).
4 Retirement funds getting out of fossil fuel company investments
increases 4 fold in the past year (now more than $2 trillion).
Seeking Alpha and Motley Fools contributors recommend that
coal stocks like BTU and ACI not be bought.
1. China's leader today joined the Pope and Obama in the fight against
global warming. Coal is now the poster child for climate change. NO
US COAL COMPANY WILL SURVIVE.
3. Zack's today downgraded shares of CLF. CLF will soon bankrupt.
Problem is the price of iron ore and met coal. CLF leases properties
3. Big problem now for NRP is that NRP will NOT meet the plan
to repay $500,000,000 by the end 0f 2017. Need a new plan from
our leader, Mr. Wyatt Hogan. Believe MR Hogan"s expertise is
finance and law.. Might be able to buy a little more time with
financing. He hasn't yet proved that he knows too much about
the coal business. He has also invested almost nothing in NRP
4. New record breaking lows for NRP next week.