It's become a cry wolf effect. Traders aren't buying the "fear" factor anymore.
It will take a bigger Ebola infection for market to get scared again.
Look for -2% drop in market today. Market will gap down at open, and may try to fill the gap, but it will reverse soon and head down all day long. On Sunday, Europe is doing major bank stress test, and that's going to rock the market next week. Add that to the EBOLA factor and huge run up in market this week with no substance, market is set up for a turbulent next week, starting with the sharp drop today.
Why? I think they should limit the number of health care folks that are coming in contact with him.
It'll be interesting to see if there is noticeable drop in subway riders in NY tomorrow.
He's had contact with his fiancee since his return, and Ebola (once the symptom develops) transmits via bodily fluids. So I have a hunch that he's fiancee have high chance for infection.
I know this is a selfless man taking huge risks to help the desperate Ebola victims in west Africa, so I wish for his fast and full recovery.
In the meanwhile, revived EBOLA fear that is right in the heart of wall street will probably not bode well in market tomorrow. We might finally see some selling pressure after furious run up in past 5 days or so.
Ok, I truly applaud the doctor for treating Ebola patients in west Africa, but since he has first hand experience with the virus, he should have been much much more careful for at least 3 weeks after he returned to US. It's irresponsible for such heath care expert to be that sloppy. That said, I'm sure he's a good man, and I wish for speedy and full recovery. Lastly, between AMZN and EBOLA, and not to mention the gigantic run up we had this week, I think the market will sink 1 to 2% tomorrow.
3AM? That quick huh? Cool...so this could effect the market futures overnight.
Could get really interesting.
The fact that he was in Guinea treating Ebola patients and is showing symptoms consistent to EBOLA, I lean towards this being a real one. If so, hopefully, they do a better job than Dallas hospital.
Round 1 was clearly dead, but we might have a round 2 starting here.
Could get interesting again...and then sink again of course.
We'll see what news develops overnight on the NY doctor.
I'm out 50% at .53 cents average. Still holding 50% overnight.
See if this nasty AMZN drop and new EBOLA event in NY pulls back market some.
All I can say is WOW...let's see what effect this has on market tomorrow.
So a Doctor in NY was treated for Ebola.
Are we back to Ebola threat again...possibly?
I don't see any news or events...did we get another EBOLA victim or something???
Finally market drops. I'm now (finally) green for the day...
Dang...that's a lot of work. LOL
Out 25% at .50 cents.
Will sell 25% at .60
Will sell 25% at .70
May hold 25% 'till close or tomorrow.
If it gets to .42, I will break even for the day...after than is profit. Man that's a lot of work today... LOL
True...so I've been trading with tight stop loss...to at least minimize the damage on bad picks.
Don't feel bad...I'm just not getting why this market is running up so high so quickly.
Something just doesn't feel right and I feel like its being setup for another big burst again.