Nice!!! Beating the Q2 estimate is huge!!! Hopefully we will get this thing testing that high around 250#$%$ some point this year....
This isn't BIDU related, this is a market wide sell-off under way. WOW....breathtaking. I believe it is likely end of day fears regarding the BOJ news this morning. I'm actually going to nibble at the close b/c I do think the report will positive and I am hoping to floats up when sound minds take over tomorrow. GL all, B
Yes, the deposit date came afterward...my reinvestment was 6/4. And you are right on with regard to the ADR w/holdings. What can you do though? I'm not going anywhere, tough to find 40% gains since the beginning of last year plus a divy. I guess that goes along with the fact that I sleep well with THIS position in my portfolio....lol. GL all, divy day is right around the corner...B
This was a very tough one last year as the ticker changed and unless you were a long time holder you had no idea. But it usually comes during the end of April, early May....though going to the investor relations on the site might be more specific.
I'm no fortune teller and I only hold cheap shares with the idea that the risk/reward is way out of skew....if the bad news quiets, and Papa coming in seems to be the 1st step in that direction, filling that gap seems to be the technical move of least resistance. Just my 2 cents...GL, B
Thanks for the complement, but I also bought years ago at 28/sh...lol...so loading up in the high 3s was more luck than anything. I think the stock is pretty safe with 11 being a decent base is b/c like many who bought way down there, I sold the initial cost already...the rest of the position is 'House Money' as they say in the casino. I have zero interest in selling because I have no more risk. You are correct in that the shorts have gotta be concerned because to an extent, they are now hoping for a change in the commodity trends. And I don't care what people are saying....the market is right, and the gurus know it....
I hear you....that would be cool for us but that is risky and I'm not exactly sure how legal it would be at this point considering the amount of debt they have...do they have the ability to pay current debt if they are taking the cash they do have and put it toward share buybacks??? And if the stock does continue to drop??? Then what? To risky...would be nice but I'll be happy if they just sure up what they have now. If they can do that and prove that they are profitable the CAP will flex giving us equity owners a nice profit.
time to buy em back.....I wouldn't let the day close with a short position....I also wouldn't wait till the end either because after this selling is done you may get a serious squeeze into the close...
It's a trade that the price rises to the trend line of the down trend. Looks like 45/sh is in the bag just as a recovery bounce. Up from here over the next few weeks.
mark- I am looking at jumping into KMI. I added to a very long position of SLB this past week and feel next to getting it out of the ground, getting it to the costumer is the most important thing....no surprise there. Anyhow, you seem like a very rational holder of the stock. You are underwater, so I ask, what is your time horizon on getting your investment back and at what level? I guess the next question I'd have is do you plan to stay with the company when you do get out from under this near term mess? I am in the same boat as you with POT so I am not speaking arrogantly at you, please understand I am just curious the mindset of some rational longs here. No matter what you say I am likely to buy...thanks in advance, B
Looking at just about every technical in the markets in general, a key resistance is being pushed against today. I am a bit red in this UVXY but net way long the market....I just don't see enough fundamentally to support why this time, in an already over bought market (ilbeit not extremely overbought), that equities would break out to new highs. I personally think 6 months out there is a lot of uncertainty....especially in an election year. That's why I am holding UVXY....more of risk protection bc if my concerns are correct, a little bit will go a long way. Thoughts? B
Hey, I bought some at 22.85/sh a few days ago because I wanted to have some downside protection with exposure to volatility. So I picked this....I'm pretty sure that this is the place to find that combo.....though sadly I admit I'm not an expert in etf trading. BUT, there is a part of me that hopes you are correct....though that would mean the rest of the portfolio takes a beating....Have a great weekend all. B
Listen, I hear your frustration at the downgrade but it is great information to have. GS is what drives the growth in GD. If there is a slowdown there the multiple is going to need to come down. I am, like you it seems, hoping for a bit more of an over-reaction in the market because I do want to buy at a lower level than this having sold at 142ish/sh last year. The long term charts show that the stock wants to test lower levels (105-110) but I missed at 121/sh earlier in the year and will not let that happen again....I hope...lol. GD is an awesome company and I look forward to being back in with a partial position. Best of luck, B
I am going to sell a lot tomorrow....just hoping there is some green to sell it into. I'm selling if it's down big again but the stock looks like it's range bound. I am going to hold a core position after the sell of some with hopes of buying it back in and around 160/sh. Look at the 5 years chart let me know your thoughts....
Well, I bought today in order to slightly protect against just what you are talking about. I too feel that the market has a lot of gaps in it....reminds me of a house on stilts, they are great, but a strong foundation is much better. The Fed. is supplying this short covering rally of all things commodities. Which I am very happy about....so I took some gains there and put them in UVXY....hoping I don't kick myself.
Well I gotta say that the reaction today was a bit concerning....buyback reloaded and divy bumped 10% and the stock slumped? I didn't see that coming as the reaction.
CONGRATS!!!! I would consider selling the rip though...I am actually considering unloading what I have left in hopes of rebuying lower.
I hear you....maybe for just a nibble though....be careful!!! And as a piece of advice, not that you're asking...treat it like a trade, not an investment. It will likely bounce and then retreat afterward.....
If I buy....last week, yesterday, today.....no matter how good of a buy I know it is ( albeit, it may take a couple years to pan out...which I have ). I would be braking a rule that I TRY to follow because of past experiences....and that rule is, as so many already know, DON'T TRY TO CATCH FALLING KNIVES!!! I gotta have discipline, even if I miss out on a bit of an opportunity. GLTA, B
I agree with the test of 5...I know it may seem nuts for me to say this after a down 7% day BUT....I have actually been pleased with the stock performance since the rip last week. I think that after a day like that many shorts may be a little gun shy. I'm holding....I'm curious....