Don't know where you shorted but I think you missed your chance to cover at max profits as the eoy window dressing has begun now that the fed is out of the way.....leaving clear sailing in its wake.
The bottom just fell out a couple days ago.....to say that this is a base is a bit premature. It may well prove to be one but it just as likely may be a step on the way down. Which is it? Nobody knows but what I do know is that Cramer endorsed it on his show last night and history shows that most of the stocks that he endorses on air go up initially with weak hands at that level, so those hands usually get shook out......which is why when Cramer endorses a stock he usually doesn't mention it again for quite some time and when he does he will either claim that he was wrong, said sell it after the initial pop (which is funny b/c 'where' he says sell it usually isn't on his show) or the stock pick holds strong and he proclaims himself a genious. No matter the situation, I would stay away for a few weeks and do your DD on the company. FYI, I do like watching Cramer but for his overall market views which are usually spot on....as for his individual stock picks, outside of his holdings, his picks on the show are 50/50 at best, just like everybody else.
zzzzzzz......the funny thing is, these same shorts are still talking smack and the stock is all the way down to 171.50......which is 20 points higher than it was when I 1st posted this, 10 weeks ago!!!! Going to 200, 280, 400......it's going. I don't know the timeline but BIDU will have a CAP of 150B before it is all said and done.
Seriously??? I think they know what is going on here....company isn't going anywhere.
The recommendations are still in the beginning stages.....as I mentioned a couple months back, you can go look if you want, the next leg up would likely be the result of analysts jumping on board late. While I tend to agree with you that I wouldn't want to start a position here on the long side, I think it is a bit early to be selling.....it should go to about 220/sh which makes it a hold for owners and a buy for traders. MMs will try to squeeze a some performance out of the name b/w now and the eoy.
TOGA- That's a great point that I hadn't thought of....I would think that it is not looking for offers to sell b/c the stock would trade at a premium which it isn't. I personally think it is trading at a discount.
Well, this would be considered a pullback....how far we have come in 1 year. 15 is a big pullback...lol....lovely. I agree with both....I own SLB and WFT, SLB is best in show and WFT is cheapest in show for reasons that are not that difficult to fix. I love the game plan and to be honest, I have been long the for years, green on position, believe it or not, and it is the first time I can recall the management sound like LEADERS. They are taking the 'bull by the horns' and for the first time in a long time, since the move to ZUG, they are trying to do something that will improve the companies value. The market is cooling off on the name.....I am warming up. I'm not a buyer at these levels only because I added this past Summer at 14ish and I typically will only buy more on major discounts (something that is likely an investing weakness). I just find it tough to buy on the way up unless it's a momentum stock. GL all, B
Didn't you just buy on Dec 2nd???? Did you expect that the 600+ stores were going to be opened in a 3 day period? Just wondering because you are buying the shares at a support price which is being established after a monster gain. WFM has treated longs very well both in the wallet and in the mind (for those who like seeing stock splits....which I admit, I do). I am hoping for more weakness so I can buy some more....but I am likely looking for a deal that won't present itself. Which is fitting since it is Whole Foods. GL all, B
not likely with AAPL going up a couple hundred.....buy who knows, someone may get stupid and buy TSLA here.
you are 1 of a couple....
I think it rockets higher myself....this isn't a small deal. This is a couple hundred million units perhaps over the next couple years. It's not like this is a high flier, it's got a 10.5 FPE. Stock goes up 50/sh minimum at the open in my opinion. GL to all, B
doogle- I hear you....why have your money in a company that is going nowhere? But the fact, as you clearly agree, is that NG is going to be a big deal at some point. The prices will go up.....who knows how high down the road (sadly I will only make my ancestors wealthy if I am correct). The way I look at it, it's cheap now so if I do have dollars that I can't find a home for (and I do keep cash as a position so I'm never all in the market) I will usually go to the companies that I think will be in the middle of the action years down the road....for me that means anything Nat Gas.....CLNE, UPL, GLNG, and a couple others that are less tied. I seldom trade these names, just add. There have been exceptions (aka CLNE at 24/sh) but the money quickly went back into the name. GL all, B
I think it is what it is at this point in their cycle. They had to renegotiate contracts at more competitive rates (negative) but what you are hugely missing is that the demand for the services they provide are going through the roof (very positive) and what I consider the most important point is that they are a leader in internet security which is the future rev. draw. As for projecting growth.........don't put to much credence into what they report and don't report. They may have wanted to temper the expectations because the stock was way overheated.....but of course that is speculation on my side. In any case, I sold a quarter of my shares on the way up at 47.5 and would love to get those shares back up 40. Good luck, B