Well I gotta say that the reaction today was a bit concerning....buyback reloaded and divy bumped 10% and the stock slumped? I didn't see that coming as the reaction.
Well, I bought today in order to slightly protect against just what you are talking about. I too feel that the market has a lot of gaps in it....reminds me of a house on stilts, they are great, but a strong foundation is much better. The Fed. is supplying this short covering rally of all things commodities. Which I am very happy about....so I took some gains there and put them in UVXY....hoping I don't kick myself.
I am going to sell a lot tomorrow....just hoping there is some green to sell it into. I'm selling if it's down big again but the stock looks like it's range bound. I am going to hold a core position after the sell of some with hopes of buying it back in and around 160/sh. Look at the 5 years chart let me know your thoughts....
Listen, I hear your frustration at the downgrade but it is great information to have. GS is what drives the growth in GD. If there is a slowdown there the multiple is going to need to come down. I am, like you it seems, hoping for a bit more of an over-reaction in the market because I do want to buy at a lower level than this having sold at 142ish/sh last year. The long term charts show that the stock wants to test lower levels (105-110) but I missed at 121/sh earlier in the year and will not let that happen again....I hope...lol. GD is an awesome company and I look forward to being back in with a partial position. Best of luck, B
Hey, I bought some at 22.85/sh a few days ago because I wanted to have some downside protection with exposure to volatility. So I picked this....I'm pretty sure that this is the place to find that combo.....though sadly I admit I'm not an expert in etf trading. BUT, there is a part of me that hopes you are correct....though that would mean the rest of the portfolio takes a beating....Have a great weekend all. B
Looking at just about every technical in the markets in general, a key resistance is being pushed against today. I am a bit red in this UVXY but net way long the market....I just don't see enough fundamentally to support why this time, in an already over bought market (ilbeit not extremely overbought), that equities would break out to new highs. I personally think 6 months out there is a lot of uncertainty....especially in an election year. That's why I am holding UVXY....more of risk protection bc if my concerns are correct, a little bit will go a long way. Thoughts? B
mark- I am looking at jumping into KMI. I added to a very long position of SLB this past week and feel next to getting it out of the ground, getting it to the costumer is the most important thing....no surprise there. Anyhow, you seem like a very rational holder of the stock. You are underwater, so I ask, what is your time horizon on getting your investment back and at what level? I guess the next question I'd have is do you plan to stay with the company when you do get out from under this near term mess? I am in the same boat as you with POT so I am not speaking arrogantly at you, please understand I am just curious the mindset of some rational longs here. No matter what you say I am likely to buy...thanks in advance, B
It's a trade that the price rises to the trend line of the down trend. Looks like 45/sh is in the bag just as a recovery bounce. Up from here over the next few weeks.
time to buy em back.....I wouldn't let the day close with a short position....I also wouldn't wait till the end either because after this selling is done you may get a serious squeeze into the close...
I hear you....that would be cool for us but that is risky and I'm not exactly sure how legal it would be at this point considering the amount of debt they have...do they have the ability to pay current debt if they are taking the cash they do have and put it toward share buybacks??? And if the stock does continue to drop??? Then what? To risky...would be nice but I'll be happy if they just sure up what they have now. If they can do that and prove that they are profitable the CAP will flex giving us equity owners a nice profit.
Thanks for the complement, but I also bought years ago at 28/sh...lol...so loading up in the high 3s was more luck than anything. I think the stock is pretty safe with 11 being a decent base is b/c like many who bought way down there, I sold the initial cost already...the rest of the position is 'House Money' as they say in the casino. I have zero interest in selling because I have no more risk. You are correct in that the shorts have gotta be concerned because to an extent, they are now hoping for a change in the commodity trends. And I don't care what people are saying....the market is right, and the gurus know it....
I'm no fortune teller and I only hold cheap shares with the idea that the risk/reward is way out of skew....if the bad news quiets, and Papa coming in seems to be the 1st step in that direction, filling that gap seems to be the technical move of least resistance. Just my 2 cents...GL, B
This was a very tough one last year as the ticker changed and unless you were a long time holder you had no idea. But it usually comes during the end of April, early May....though going to the investor relations on the site might be more specific.
Yes, the deposit date came afterward...my reinvestment was 6/4. And you are right on with regard to the ADR w/holdings. What can you do though? I'm not going anywhere, tough to find 40% gains since the beginning of last year plus a divy. I guess that goes along with the fact that I sleep well with THIS position in my portfolio....lol. GL all, divy day is right around the corner...B
This isn't BIDU related, this is a market wide sell-off under way. WOW....breathtaking. I believe it is likely end of day fears regarding the BOJ news this morning. I'm actually going to nibble at the close b/c I do think the report will positive and I am hoping to floats up when sound minds take over tomorrow. GL all, B
Nice!!! Beating the Q2 estimate is huge!!! Hopefully we will get this thing testing that high around 250#$%$ some point this year....
Abba...I must say that I am disappointed to hear you so down on POT. With that said, I appreciate the honest opinion. I am still holding my shares and currently am considering adding to the position for the 5% dividend which I personally think will be safe. I know that isn't exactly the most popular opinion there but I feel OK with it. Ultimately, your post talks of all the competition that will be coming on-line over the next handful of years which will work against POT...and I agree. BUT, lets remember, the population is growing much faster than is POTs competition and to the same point, the standard of living worldwide is going up....I think POT is a coiled spring of a stock. I don't expect anything fast but, I will be adding....I would like to bring my average down to below 19/sh....thoughts?
this was just what the stock ordered. I bought some more today b/c I personally think that when all the selling is done....and lets face it, there was a gap down but then it was flat for the rest of the day...not a lot of downside conviction there. I expect that there are many weaker hands that are giving up there shares b/c of the headline risk and going elsewhere. The stock gets to cool off for a bit so there will be follow though with a push through the resistance level which if you look at any chart is obvious...but the 2 year makes it look the best, especially when you take a look at the RSI along with it. I'm by no means comfortable with the headline, but for the sake of the stock's technicals, if/when this blows over (and I do think it will but I'm no expert in Chinese culture) the stock will be ready to surge. Time will tell I guess.....B
As long as the Fed doesn't plan on raising the rates...this company will remain a cash cow....even when the rates do change, they are going to do so slowly....NYMT is a good place to park money. It may not return the same %s from year to year but if managed well the value of the enterprise will not materially change. That makes this a winner over the long haul. Just my 2 cents, B (a buyer every time we go under 5/sh)