I just want to personally extend my congratulations to terry for resisting the urge to post here under whatever ID for what seems an eternity. How refreshing! Maybe you can make it a habit. You are on the road to a new life. Keep it up. We are behind you!
I totalled up the shares they owned at the end of the 3rd quarter, and it came to 1,388,289. So they upped their stake by 2,106,218 shares for a total of 3,494,507.
I don't know what it means, but just draw a channel and buy at the low end and sell at the high end to reduce your basis in core shares. I've started doing this again in a Roth IRA account after last August's swoon. Seems to be working.
The Nasdaq institutional ownership has not yet been updated to reflect all positions as of year end. I assume those numbers will appear on 2/17, the first business day after the middle of the month. This data will reveal the institutional bet on this company's prospects with pretty much the same lowdown as everyone in the public has access to right now..
You idiot! All I did was point out that someone paid a $3 ASK on a 15 Feb INSM call, meaning they bet big the SP would surpass $18 and their call would be in the money. Well, they lost the bet and it surely wasn't me. But keep posting your tripe and keep trying to score points in your little brain.
There's a reason the instys are piling in. They know the inevitable. I just want to see Capital Research (American Funds) come on board.
Despite the lunatic terry's everlasting fixation on this company and his inexplicable and clearly negative agenda, there is a grain of truth in what he says. There is no absolute guarantee that the company will succeed in its mission, just as the company itself states in all its disclaimers. I think the probability of success is high. However, you would be wise to find a way to reduce your basis/risk if you have any sizable investment here. I have reduced my basis and plan on reducing my basis/risk to zero if the price keeps rising. I have done this by buying/selling shares/options over many years, while maintaining a sizable core holding. I am never totally out as the lunatic often claims to be, as who knows when a killer deal/announcement will leave you flat-footed and out in the cold. If the SP gets to $40 or $400, I will still be holding some shares and will participate in whatever is dealt us as shareholders and I will not complain.
Probably someone protecting a profit in a large position. Much better way than setting a stop-loss, which will not guarantee your minimum price if it gaps down on an unexpected hiccup (something we have seen here more than once). At least they're probably holding their position, which means they expect further upside.
From what I could tell during the trading day as the position continued to build, those puts were being purchased at the ASK, which would be tantamount to doubling down for a short. That's why I think it's nothing more than insurance against an unexpected drop in price over the next 2 months.
Shire ROP study:
Estimated Primary Completion Date: July 2015 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
Plenty of time for Shire to announce new manufacturing of mecasermin rinfabate (iPlex), which can provide Insmed a fresh supply of iPlex for the Short Stature indication as well as any other potential indication once the Settlement with Genentech/Roche is no longer in force.
Tom, if you are not aware that "someone" can quickly remove any post, not just replies to their own posts, you haven't been paying attention to what goes on here. Enough complaints will deep six a post, so if you have a way of registering a lot of complaints, say with multiple accounts, you could make that happen very fast, and it often does.