royco,sean------Remember some time ago we had a horse race between MU and IMOS. Clearly,MU has won that race and appears to have graduated into allowance, if not stakes company. Meanwhile, IMOS remains an inexpensive claimer. GLTLongs, and everyone have a great and happy thanksgiving.
royco-------Looks like someone is just nibbling on the stock. Once it reaches a certain level, the nibbling stops and the stock price retreats. This behavior will end when we start getting some aggressive new buyers who buy with a sense of urgency. It will come. Just don't yet know when. But, the fundamentals and the grand finally to the restructuring will provide the catalyst to unlock the inherent value in this stock.GLTL.
marnis-------If you were in charge of IMOS the last few years I am very confident we would have a much more shareholder friendly management, a much more transparent management, and a management team doing their utmost to create and enhance shareholder value. Nevertheless, as frustrated as most of us have been with the rather slow pace to reach the conclusion of the restructuring and F.V.,lets hope the financial rewards justifies the wait and patience exhibited by most longs.
marnis-----------I have no quarrel with your post except your statement that "we all know what is going to happen". I surely don't know any of the particulars regarding the plan they have for conversion and the collapse of IMOS. At this time, management has kept the plan,if they have already formulated and agreed to one, shrouded in secrecy. All we can do is speculate what ultimately will be the plan and its various elements. What I think we all know,if we look at this realistically, is that the stock price of IMOS is undervalued. The expectation is that the stock price will improve as management starts to deliver on its buy back as well as announcing the plan to wind up the affairs of IMOS.
caff----------Do you know the legal justification for the 30 day cooling off period. Is this a Taiwan law or regulation. If so, why would it apply to a Bermuda company conducting a buy back of a stock listed here in the United States.
sean------They are far from shareholder friendly. They only give lip service to creating shareholder value. The delay in commencing the buy back,without providing a justifiable legal basis for doing so, ( and I question the reliance on the advice of a Taiwan law firm on the laws and regulations governing the buy back by a Bermuda company of a U.S.listed stock ) is inexcusable.
jam---------I simply answered the question you asked. There just appears to be a lack of interest in this stock at this time. Not a lot of selling today.Just a lack of buyers.It will change.Just don't know when.
brent---------- So, a Taiwan law firm is providing advice to a Bermuda company on how an authorized buy back of a United States listed company must have a 30 day waiting period. I would like for someone to give me the legal justification for the 30 day delay in executing the buy back.
cpafred---------I would really like to know what regulation, or otherwise, specifically prevents a Bermuda company listed and traded in the United States from implementing an announced buy back for a specific period of time.
jam------Quite honestly,I am not smart enough to know what is going on regarding the disconnect between the price of 8150 and IMOS. What I do know is that the IMOS share price is now a joke and eventually will reach fair value in the not to distant future,surely when management reveals and implements the conversion plan.
royco-----------With 8150 going over 40 thereby increasing the value of IMOS we find IMOS down over 2% in the early going. I could not resist adding a little more to an already overweight position. GLTL.
dave---------If they have already formulated and agreed to a plan to collapse IMOS,why would they not announce that plan to investors. They should announce the plan and tell the investing public they intend to implement the plan within the next 2, or 4, or 6 months or whatever. This lack of transparency does not instill confidence and in fact creates a significant uncertainty that I believe is doing a number on the stock price. Of course,as strange as it may be to some of us,perhaps they have not yet agreed upon a plan and therefore the silence of management on the subject.
dave--------In your opinion,do you think management has already formulated and agreed upon the plan to collapse IMOS, or is that plan still under discussion? It may well be that the reason they have not announced the plan is because they have not yet formulated and agreed upon a plan.
jam---------I think all long time holders are also frustrated, What I think you are missing is the impact the uncertainty of the actual conversion plan is having on the stock price. It has been said repeatedly that the market hates uncertainty. And the uncertainty regarding the conversion plan and how it will all play out, unfortunately,has a firm negative grip on the share price of IMOS. Just my opinion.
Jam---------The matters you raise can,I believe, be explained because there is simply no urgency to aggressively buy this stock. With the uncertainty of the conversion plan and the silence on the part of management as to when the plan will be revealed, as well as when it will be implemented, the stock price appears to be in a holding pattern. At least there is a buy back in place which should provide a floor under the stock price. In short, I believe the stock price is being held hostage pending the announcement and implementation of the conversion plan.
Quite honestly,the buy back really surprised me. Although small ( at recent IMOS prices they can buy back much less then 1 million shares ) it represents a statement by management that the share price is significantly undervalued. Moreover, the fundamentals of the company may drive the stock price above their purchase price and few,if any,shares are repurchased. That's fine,because then the money will ultimately be returned to us as a special dividend or part of the conversion plan. A win win situation. Also,having the buy back in place may help putting a floor under the share price going forward.
buy------I hope I am wrong on this,but if they say anything on the conversion plan tonight,it will be that they will reveal the plan in a press release in the coming months.