I didn't buy a whole bunch, but I added some. We can speculate about the reasons for the selloff today, but it's pointless. Retail investors always assume the sellers have some secret inside information. Actually, if you wanted to unload shares, this would be a singularly clumsy way to do it. Maybe Eddie Lampert needed to raise cash. Maybe one of Steven A Cohen's Picasso's didn't make the reserve price. Company still looks great to me. (Incidentally, if a large holder really wanted to unload a position, they would drive the stock up at the open and then walk it down gently.)
I lost two friends to CLL. At endgame, they were both on Campath, an expensive drug ($60,000 per year) which does not work for CLL. Compared to which an expensive drug which works would be a bargain. Incidentally, Campath was an MS drug which Genzyme pulled in order to replace it with a more expensive MS drug.
Well, I just reread the ASH abstracts, which confirm my belief that this is a revolutionary drug for CLL and Waldenstrom's. I am not expecting any surprises, but I added shares on today's weakness.
A dangerous stock to be out of, I think. Although if you want to add to your base position on the dips and sell on the pops, that would make sense. But just hope you're overweight when the CLL approval is announced.
Well, a really smart daytrade would have been to buy it a the open today and hold it. You could have made a few points daytrading REGN at around 60 in 2011 (right after it a major runup). But the smarter trade would have been to buy it and hold it.
And if you didn't have a buy order in which got executed on that desperate little move where they took out the stops of the daytrading longs, I'd be nervous going into the weekend short this stock.
But, in case you haven't noticed, there are very few shares being offered. And since we're sitting just off the high of the day, I'd say you're underwater at the moment on your short positions. In fact, the ask is at a new high right now. This would make me nervous if I were a short.
Well, AFFY is an illustration of the fact that, as with ARIA, the initial stages of a drug's distribution are dangerous. If you're going to kill people, it's better to do it in the trials.
Dec. 2016. And the implication that cheaper Zytiga will replace Xtandi is wrong. By next year, all oncologists will be using Xtandi first. Zytiga will be used when Xtandi stops working. JNJ's best hope - which would take some time and a lot of legal dollars to pull off - would be to create a new drug by combining Zytiga with the Aragon drug.
And why not? The larger world is beginning to appreciation the meaning of that trial.
Well, for the benefit of his poor shareholders, it would be nice if he could stop equivocating and give a clear answer.. My personal opinion is that this is a negotiating ploy in order to write a contract extension with Ford. As I've said before, his only credential in the area of software is My Ford Touch, a dubious achievement.
Oh ye of little faith. Yes, this sluggardly behavior is really all about Mullaly. When this is resolved either way the stock will rally. No one wants to be holding a large position in Ford when Mullaly jumps ship. And many are shorting it in anticipation of this. Ironically, Mullaly was supposed to retire soon anyway and has established a clear plan for succession. The last time I looked (October sales) the F150 was outselling the Silverado 2 to 1. The hedge funds like GM, nevertheless, since they think that the departure of the government will remove an overhang. I think Ackerman is an unimaginative beancounter. (Seen any Volt advertising lately? That was a strange little engineering marvel to hang your hat on.)
Which suggests that the stock is in strong hands and that not many are willing to sell, even at this price. Which also suggests that the stock is not about to drop $8. There was a flurry of selling at the close yesterday. Whether it was shortselling or profit-taking, I don't know. I suspect the former. In which case, they were definitely mistaken. As I said yesterday, the beauty of this stock is that they had a clear path to approval - all they had to do was to demonstrate superior efficacy to Herceptin. They have now done this. And having a drug which will potentially displace one with $7.5 billion in annual sales, the market cap is modest.
No, I think the inevitable drop at the open was a great chance to add. I have enough of this for the moment, having added yesterday up to 73. (When I really believe in a stock, I resist the impulse to trade it, since you can often find yourself underweight in the face of a major move.) But it looks as if the market is beginning to understand the implications of that trial.
Well, you asked earlier in the day whether this was the real thing or another pump and dump, and I tried to argue for the former. I would urge you to go back in the company archives and review their presentation to the analysts about six months ago. This may drop off a bit tomorrow, but I really don't worry about that. I once made a few grand shorting REGN after a major runup. One of my best investment decisions was covering that short when it went two bucks underwater. One of my worst decisions was not to go long. Trading gains are nice, butnyou can't beat compounded long term capital gains. I was impressed with your sangfroid today. But this is not OCLS - the last major post here before today was "Dead Board".
Again, I would remind you that you were soft bashing the stock all the way up from 60. That last set of trades you describe are fortuitous. I don't doubt the shorts at 76 and 80.50, since you posted them ahead of time, but if you really waited until that brief last minute dip to cover, you are lucky indeed. I would have covered the 76 short when it seemed disinclined to go below that level. There were too many shorts piling into the 77 level to make it sustainable - it had to go up from there. If I had shorted at 80.50, I would have covered before the last few minutes of trading at the 77 level. Much less risky, in my opinion.