Tue, Sep 30, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 1 hr 43 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Velti plc Message Board

betasplen1 200 posts  |  Last Activity: 1 hour 42 minutes ago Member since: Mar 2, 2004
  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 Jul 22, 2014 12:23 PM Flag

    Completed my purchase today. 250K shares @0.222 average. Time to sit back and watch the show. Popcorn anyone?

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    last chance

    by msgalaria100 Jul 21, 2014 11:08 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 21, 2014 1:47 PM Flag

    Mike, nobody knows the future when it comes to the stock market - hence it draws a parallel to gambling at the casino. But you can look at history, analyze the facts and make a more intelligent gamble on Wall street. I am 90% sure this will test your cost basis, based on my observations of BK or near BK companies. My target is much higher (85 cents). The govt is involved with a smooth transition of the schools to new ownership and the independent monitor will ensure that all parties, including shareholders, get a fair shake at this, even if it is for a loss. Today clearly looks like the first day of reversal with a spike on large volume. I will accelerate my purchases since it looks like time is running out to buy at the lows. I did not expect the run to 28s when I purchased at 22.5 today. It is all about making money in the end and the shorts will get nervous as this moves higher. One can argue about the value of Heald and their other schools till the cows come home but this is a technical play now, especially with such a huge short position and almost zero chance for BK for the rest of the year......

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    last chance

    by msgalaria100 Jul 21, 2014 11:08 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 21, 2014 12:15 PM Flag

    Wait. I am not done accumulating! Flying now....

  • Reply to

    last chance

    by msgalaria100 Jul 21, 2014 11:08 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 21, 2014 12:01 PM Flag

    Added another 20K shares today. Now at 200K shares. Will add more the rest of the week. I remember you from the DOLN board. Missed out on the 10 bagger there by selling out too early. Not making the same mistake here. Buy and hold till you get your target.

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 Jul 18, 2014 10:18 AM Flag

    to stay on my DCA purchase plan. I thought I could get 19 cents but there seems to be strong support at 20 cents instead of stop losses by traders. Usually, MMs will take advantage of the retail stop losses at the support line to drop it below that on low volume. I have bids below, in case that happens, but am impressed with the action so far. Will have 180K shares before close of business...

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Net tangible assets

    by betasplen1 Jul 17, 2014 9:29 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 17, 2014 11:50 AM Flag

    I have limit orders down to 15 cents. Could happen next week if there is no news...

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 17, 2014 11:39 AM Flag

    Death comes to everyone in some way, shape or form. There is no need to invite it. I doubt you will get to your breakeven but you can recover most of the money when this surges in the next few months. You need to exercise patience. I understand it is easier said than done. It will go lower too in the mean time. But that's how these all play out.

  • Reply to

    What's with the spike?

    by brian.hauswirth Jul 11, 2014 10:38 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 17, 2014 9:59 AM Flag

    I checked my position as of last. Still holding 3.575M shares distributed across a few accounts. Cost basis is 0.007 or where we are right now. I wish management doesn't keep jumping the gun and only reports progress as they happen. The revenues, profits, share buybacks, stock dividend etc are all just forecasts and not new information since Feb. Good news is that there has been no insider selling since the news broke out and everything is being reported to the SEC via proper channels. Bad news is, there is no insider buying either and we haven't gone anywhere since. I will just hold the position and not add till we start seeing actual results. I rather average up on improving fundamentals than average down on hope...

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 Jul 17, 2014 9:29 AM Flag

    was $96M or $1.09/share as of 3/31/14. This is after removing all goodwill and liabilities owed. With 28M shares short as of 6/30/14 and the impending catalysts, that is the price to watch. Even a conservative 50% retrace yields 65 cents or 200% from these levels but the overshoot could be substantial in a short squeeze scenario and take it to net tangible value. BK companies with negative book values have had much bigger % gains due to a short squeeze. I will be buying in lots for the next 5-7 trading days as I don't think anything significant will happen till Aug or Sep. The volume has dropped back to the normal 1M+ range and the spread is tight, which is a good time to accumulate IMO...

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 16, 2014 1:07 PM Flag

    I will start winding down my purchases by next week. No particular target in mind but the way I am going, I might end up with around 250K shares. Wonder why the MMs are not testing 20 cents yet. Maybe not enough supply to fill demand (shorts who want to cover and hedgies who want to buy) ? Shorts are holding onto their positions against better judgement IMO. How much more profit do they want when BK is off the table? Key is to be patient and not expect a sale announcement tomorrow or next week. I will give it a couple of months. This should test 85 cents at least (maybe over a buck if there is momo money) before the fat lady sings...

    Sentiment: Buy

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 16, 2014 11:43 AM Flag

    You better give grandma the best healthcare when this pans out! I am risking just my money here - so no pressure. LOL! 153,526 shares and counting. My order at 21 cents is not filling for the 3rd day - just one partial fill on Monday...

  • Reply to

    why would anyone buy these schools?

    by rectal_destructionnn Jul 15, 2014 4:40 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 16, 2014 6:18 AM Flag

    The plan reached with the DoE allows for a relatively seamless transition to new management. There should be minimal impact to students. They don't even have to warn them of the impending sale. Employees could be affected by layoffs in the future but they can't win a lawsuit against COCO as this was caused by government policy and being a for-profit school, it is like layoffs in any other private company. Paying 50% of intrinsic value for the existing schools is a much easier way to instantly increase sustainable revenues and profit than fighting for short term revenue boosts with other competitors.

    Sure it is easy to sound optimistic if one gets in at this price. One doesn't really need $1.60 or $1 or even 80 cents to call this a successful investment. Even a 100% gain will be sweet enough. Those who got in before the announcement can only hope to recoup some, if not most, of their money depending on the sale price. It would be interesting to see the latest institutional and hedge fund ownership. I bet the latter is all over this to profit from the impending gains, especially from a short squeeze.

  • Reply to

    why would anyone buy these schools?

    by rectal_destructionnn Jul 15, 2014 4:40 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 15, 2014 6:38 PM Flag

    Because it will be a turn-key business with everything in place from admin and teachers, to land, buildings and facilities. Just management changes and they will get a great price in a liquidation event. Even if COCO gets only $250M for all the schools or just $3M per college, and they pay off the debt, that is still $1.60/share left for common and preferreds. .

  • Reply to

    Heald Colleges worth $300 million alone=)

    by dgnewton49 Jul 11, 2014 9:53 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 15, 2014 9:13 AM Flag

    I now have 100K shares and will add 10-20K each day it falls. I still think it will go to the mid teens if 20 cents is breached but one can't time the bottom and so it is better to dollar cost average. I am willing to wait a few months to see the sale announcement and re-test of the 85 cents to buck area.

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 Jul 14, 2014 11:19 AM Flag

    I have observed several near-BK companies over the years. When the company in question is a large, well known corporation, there has always (and I mean 100%) been a bounce of a magnitude of 2 or higher from the low attained after the dissemination of the news. In COCO's case, it was one of the largest for-profit colleges, and has govt support and time (6 months) while it looks for the highest bidder. The order to post warnings on it's website has also been overturned. Finally, a large percentage of the float is still short - perhaps looking to milk another few cents. I can't predict if 20 cents is the short term low and most probably it isn't. But it will be the basis for the 100-400% pop expected once the sale is announced and a shareholder restitution plan is announced. I believe it will be in the $1 range, if not higher. I have purchased 60% of my position here. Will purchase the remainder if it falls below 20 cents on low volume...

  • Reply to

    What's with the spike?

    by brian.hauswirth Jul 11, 2014 10:38 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 11, 2014 3:18 PM Flag

    Same news. They will buyback shares when they turn profitable. I can wait if they are really telling the truth. They have $700K in the bank and now access to $10M apparently. But Eyetalk has been left out from the past few PRs. Wonder why????

  • Reply to

    Heald Colleges worth $300 million alone=)

    by dgnewton49 Jul 11, 2014 9:53 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 11, 2014 1:40 PM Flag

    So, if we do some quick math. Let's see what we have here.
    If they sell their colleges for $250M in a fire sale, they will have to pay the $141M in debt, leaving $109M. Not sure how much of the $28M they have left in cash. Even if it is fully discounted, $141M is 141/88 or $1.60/share. If the shorts have not covered, this could easily fly past $1 given the above scenario. I doubt the govt will pull the plug on funding since a plan is now in place. I have started nibbling here though it could test the teens before the selling by the masses is over...

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 Jul 10, 2014 1:37 PM Flag

    Was disillusioned by the cacophony of revenue streams that management was trying to sell to the street (fish, shrimp,sex pills, MMJ etc). But the shrimp business seems legit and they are doing something to get into the MMJ business. They are diluting the heck out of the stock but perhaps that is better than acquiring debt at this stage. Looks like a reasonable bet in the 3s. Last year, the MMJ stocks took off in Fall. Perhaps the same thing could happen this year too though from a much higher base and relatively smaller % gains?

  • OK, so they have a new plan to bring in $20M in revenues. What happened to the global licensing deal that was supposed to bring $30M? Is it now $20M or $50 (30+20)M? It is nice to tell the street on how the company should be valued (25 x higher than where we currently are) but I doubt they give a rat's #$%$ until management shows them the money via audited results. Are these projections now becoming a pie-in-the-sky scenario? I start to worry a bit. Sold 4M shares at 7 cents the other day but still holding 3M shares.

  • Reply to

    Added 200K today

    by betasplen1 Jun 13, 2014 2:48 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Jul 9, 2014 11:25 AM Flag

    I am up to 2MM shares now. Either management is doing a great job lying to the SEC and public and risking serious jail time or this is the most undervalued metal play out there. I am of course leaning towards the latter. They need to up-list to the NASDAQ small cap market to be treated seriously though. Too many frauds in the pink sheets today. If they do up-list, this will be 25 bagger in a year...

VELT
0.0626-0.0094(-13.06%)Dec 13 4:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.