Sun, Jul 13, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Velti plc Message Board

betasplen1 89 posts  |  Last Activity: Jul 11, 2014 3:18 PM Member since: Mar 2, 2004
  • Reply to

    REVO IS TOAST, RAN OUT OF CASH

    by osprey.watch3 May 9, 2014 9:59 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 May 13, 2014 11:12 AM Flag

    Interesting why you have such strong opinions for the very first post on this board, 3 months after a press release. If the insiders were unloading after the 1000% increase, I would tend to agree. But they are all holding and the licensing deal was reported to the SEC. Why the sudden 'hatred' out of the blue? Want to buy here? LOL. I am thinking about adding 500K shares in the 7s...

  • Reply to

    maybe worth worth more with out BARDA

    by sstrader96 May 9, 2014 10:40 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 May 9, 2014 12:50 PM Flag

    I am awaiting news on the settlement. Management is more interested in getting the cash and moving on from BARDA than trying to figure out the sudden change in their stance and resolving it. If they partner with GSK, this will be right back to $6-7 range in a hearbeat...

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 May 9, 2014 11:46 AM Flag

    Now, we just have to wait for the move up. The longer the base, the stronger the breakout when it happens. I am thinking July-Aug is when it embarks on the real journey of a 10 bagger. Same time last year, it ran from 20 to 60 cents with the newsletters pumping. That time they had no identity and just a bunch of promises. The website not being updated is a valid complaint but they will sell their copper even if the website did not exist. They are now selling tangible, essential products that are always in demand. Need a heavy dose of patience to reach the promised land...

  • Six million shares now in mid 5's average. MJ bubble has burst for sure but it doesn't alter the fact that the smart, well financed companies getting into this sector are going to enjoy a huge windfall down the road. It took Masayoshi Son 14 years to get his several billions from his Ali Baba investment. Need to have a vision...

  • Reply to

    Remember

    by betasplen1 May 8, 2014 9:44 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 May 8, 2014 10:10 AM Flag

    If BARDA made the decision on a hurt ego, that makes them look that more foolish. So the American people don't deserve a reprieve because BOTA has been very responsible with their capital? The CEO seems very calm and almost smirking at the BARDA decision. The settlement should bring their cash position close to the $4 level and this company will be back to their original valuation ($6) before this little circus was enacted. Institutions and insiders may even buy more shares to take advantage of this red tag sale. Looks like an orderly buy program in place today...

  • Reply to

    Licensing Agreement

    by brian.hauswirth May 1, 2014 4:34 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 May 8, 2014 10:00 AM Flag

    I guess I should have bought below 0.8 cents when I had the chance. All insiders are holding their shares after the global licensing deal was announced. Once the details are provided, this should be back to 3 cents and move on revenues and profits announced during earnings release. Volume is big on up days and low on down days. Accumulation is the only explanation...

    Sentiment: Buy

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 May 8, 2014 9:44 AM Flag

    they already have Lani approved for use as Inavir with Daichi-Sankyo and Relenza, with GSK. They have Vapendavir (BTA-798) in Phase II for Human rhinovirus (HRV) and didn't have to spend much on their US trial - thanks to the wasteful government. If they show good top-line results for their IGLOO trial, they can still proceed with Phase II - only this time with their own funds - if they deem fit. This news was expected and hence the 50% fall already. The big money is holding as you can see from the pitiful volume on the MM's attempt to get cheap shares...

  • Reply to

    Well, They Terminated

    by me2yousee May 8, 2014 7:13 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 May 8, 2014 8:20 AM Flag

    Thank god they didn't depend on these jokers and raised money earlier this year. They have $2.60 in cash and net receivables. The market (though only a measly 6% of the float) pretty much made the decision that BARDA will do something perplexing like this and killed the stock in advance. The company can now focus on getting this marketed in the Southern hemisphere and move on. There is a big wide world outside USA for the influenza virus. The uncertainty is now gone. Who knows? It may even move up now...

  • Reply to

    Very strange

    by betasplen1 May 6, 2014 6:02 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 May 7, 2014 8:29 AM Flag

    OK, so if we assume we get 100% of the net receivables, enterprise value is $24M with a forward PE of 24 / (3x4) = 2. Silly valuation. As you can see from the volume, only some retail folks panicked and sold over the past week (6% of the float). Institutions and insiders are all holding. The MMs took full advantage of the potential fear to drop it on minute volume. I am not sure how much clearer a govt official can get when they say:
    "It is important to keep in mind that a Stop-Work Order is not a contract termination. We have some concerns about the project with regard to the product manufacturing, clinical study enrollment pace, costs, and contractor performance. Since the project is at a natural pause following the end of the flu season for the Northern Hemisphere, we are considering what is the best next step for the Biota project and the overall influenza antiviral drug development program before going forward with clinical studies in the Southern Hemisphere and manufacturing optimization and validation."

    They may even bring the trial to a close in a quicker fashion and this would have been a golden opportunity in hind sight. Remember, this was a $35 stock just a few years ago and now they are much further along in the trials and profitable in the mean time.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 May 6, 2014 6:02 PM Flag

    Company has $80M in the coffers. Stock fell 40% on less that 2M shares traded or just 6% of float?? Company is now valued at just $37M (less than a buck a share) if you remove cash. Earnings was $3.2M for the last quarter! BARDA's statement was clear that this was not a termination but an efficiency exercise. Not sure what to make of this weird price action for the past week but I bought anyway.

  • Reply to

    lovemoney

    by msgalaria100 May 5, 2014 3:41 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 May 6, 2014 11:01 AM Flag

    Well, that was my original hypothesis too. But I lost my conviction as this dropped from my 3 cent entry to 2 cents and then a penny. With the latest twist, it will be a good risk-to-reward to buy below a nickle as you say. I shall do so. The way it is dropping on low volume, it is possible to trade below a nickle by the 27th...

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 May 6, 2014 10:55 AM Flag

    They have nothing to do with the pump. But there is obviously some big news coming this week and they have telegraphed it in the news release yesterday. The partner is probably taking an equity interest at these fire sale prices ($2M) to go along with their cash infusion. In a twisted way, the RS and subsequent dilution made the company attractive. If properly funded, this could become the next big thing that climbs out of the realm of science fiction into mainsteam...

  • Reply to

    Perhaps somebody is buying them?

    by betasplen1 May 5, 2014 11:04 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 May 5, 2014 11:30 AM Flag

    There are only 483M shares outstanding. Remember they did a 1:2000 reverse spllit last Oct. That's why the volume has slowed down as 1/3 of the OS is gone. The spike will be much bigger if it approaches 500M shares total later this week. This from pinksheets website:

    VOIS Security Details
    Share Structure
    Market Value1 $1,064,461 a/o May 02, 2014
    Shares Outstanding 483,845,737 a/o Apr 11, 2014

  • They have been trying to sell themselves for quite a while. The volume is 50 x normal daily volume in the first 90 minutes. Either a sale is inked or the potential buyer is buying as much as they can before making the offer. Hope it's for north of a penny ($5M).

  • Reply to

    Licensing Agreement

    by brian.hauswirth May 1, 2014 4:34 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 May 2, 2014 4:01 PM Flag

    The 10K is for 2013 before the explosion of news and price. Therefore there is no mention of the gobal licensing deal, share buy back or dividend. What is confusing is the OS. They say: "As of December 31, 2014, there were 605,010,766 shares of our common stock issued and outstanding". 2014 should be typo since it is for 2013 but on Mar 12 2014 they mention "REVO is considering purchasing up to 98.9 million shares or 20% of its 494,748,924 outstanding shares of common stock." So, that does not add up, even if they meant they will have 494MM shares left AFTER the share buy back. Other than that, the 10K was as expected. Hope to hear about the 2014 initiatives now that the reporting is out of the way. Tempted to add another million today but am holding off for now.

  • Reply to

    hard to do nothing everyday

    by tguns4444 Apr 29, 2014 1:28 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Apr 29, 2014 1:37 PM Flag

    I wanted just a million shares and now I have 5 million with this latest take down below 0.5 cents. But I will have to be smarter about taking some profits next time when it has a 30% up day.

  • Reply to

    Bye 2s...

    by betasplen1 Apr 25, 2014 11:41 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Apr 28, 2014 3:52 PM Flag

    OK, in for a million shares now. Done with the buying here. Now time for some temporary amnesia so that I don't get tempted to take profits when this really starts moving up. If miningdata is right and we actually show $2M in earnings for Q2, that is a run-rate of $8M. A PE of 30 (to match 30% growth) will put it at 50 cents. But I will be happy with even 20 cents this year...

  • Reply to

    Question this morning for Traders

    by corruptbusinesss Apr 28, 2014 8:49 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Apr 28, 2014 10:21 AM Flag

    I think if they have to settle with shares, this would retest a nickle on the knee jerk reaction. Management increased AS by 1B shares last year in anticipation of this event. I would think it will be a good buying opportunity but then again, all they have reported is bad news since Gary left. It is not a no-brainer buy due to the funding uncertainties at this time...

  • Reply to

    Bye 2s...

    by betasplen1 Apr 25, 2014 11:41 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Apr 28, 2014 9:34 AM Flag

    Well, I wanted a million shares under 3 cents. So my plan has been foiled in a way. I have a GTC buy order at 2.8 cents that is yet to be filled. I am fine either way. If it drops, I add. If it stays on its upward trajectory, I will just keep what I have. Let's see how 1Q revenues look - should be a large % gain from last year.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    I am the Seeking Alpha - Instablog writer.

    by jasonhood777 Apr 25, 2014 3:25 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Apr 28, 2014 9:26 AM Flag

    Great detective work. Thanks. The 1 cent base is now 10 weeks old. Once the deal is translated into increased revenues, this company will be off to the races as a Nasdaq small cap in 2015. I am going to try and forget that I bought 3M shares here! REVO (tech), AMMG (mining), LATF (MJ edibles) and CTSO (biotech) are all in my long term portfolio. Still analyzing DEWM (beverage), ACTC (stem-cell) and VOIS (sci-fi) at this time.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

VELT
0.06260.0000(0.00%)Dec 13 4:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Turtle Beach Corporation
NasdaqGMFri, Jul 11, 2014 4:00 PM EDT