% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Sprint Corporation Message Board

betasplen1 406 posts  |  Last Activity: 22 minutes ago Member since: Mar 2, 2004
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • No CVOT update:
    Still working with FDA to come up with simpler trial. When asked about tImeline - they just say "shut up".

    No Stendra update:
    1.5MM supply revenue for Spedra? Sanofi and Menarini doing jack in EMEA. When asked by analyst - they just say "shut up".

    No share buyback

    No TEVA resolution

    No Icahn initiatives

    2 measly analysts on the call and both told to shut up.

    Please get me some tissue. I wanna cry right about now...

  • noun: Seth.
    Makes it easy to understand. Since I love punishment, let me hear what the moron has to say now...

  • "....sole objective of optimizing the value of both STENDRA and Qsymia to VIVUS and our stockholders"
    ROTFLMAO! Stop it - haven't you done enough for us already?

  • It's time for his 'once-in-three-months' foray out of his sleep number temperpedic. Oh, and don't remind him to take his notes from the last quarter! I want to see how the fool talks without a script...

  • Reply to

    One more quick point...

    by gatewood5911 19 hours ago
    betasplen1 betasplen1 3 hours ago Flag

    15 x 6 = 90 but I get your point. I will buy more if it does an AMAG after the CC. All these specialty pharmas have held their guidance for 2016 and pushed 55-60% of the revenue to 2H16. Historically, that has been an accurate forecast. But because the market hates these stocks now, they use that as an excuse to kill them. That's OK - I shall feast while the cheap buffet is served...

  • Reply to

    Here's how today plays out...

    by josephanastasiw 7 hours ago
    betasplen1 betasplen1 3 hours ago Flag

    Short covering could also be due to shares becoming available in the free float that was not available before. The company is not diluting and so shares can only become available if investors sell. So, if you look at it at that angle, then it is not necessarily a positive. The delay of the LA deal for years and now the delay in the post-ENDO Stendra plans, along with a 'secret' strategic advisor whose name sounds like "I can" and the big options dole out to management all point to a buyout as a logical guess. Alas, with VVUS, nothing is logical...

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 3 hours ago Flag

    gemini, it is the same trend for all specialty pharmas - AMAG, HZNP, ENDP. They are all re-iterating full year guidance with a pick up in 2H16. And that is how it has been, historically speaking as well. You can say all have zero credibility then. I don't buy your thought process but I do buy all these stocks on weakness.

  • Reply to

    Here's how today plays out...

    by josephanastasiw 7 hours ago
    betasplen1 betasplen1 4 hours ago Flag

    pmt, we have good company in terms of (mis) management of a company this year. SUNE, VRX, KBIO, OREX and the list goes on. You can forget Enron as they are so yesterday. VVUS stock is still up 50% for 2016. It hurts to sell but I don't want to be potentially stuck here for another year and wonder if I will ever get my money back. Things don't make any sense in this stock. Might as well spread the risk...

  • Reply to

    Here's how today plays out...

    by josephanastasiw 7 hours ago
    betasplen1 betasplen1 5 hours ago Flag

    I am not too hopeful of anything coming out of today's call either. Any big news, apart from a share buyback, would have been announced already prior to the call. Nobody cares to hear for Seth's voice stating the same ol' rhetoric. I have been re-balancing my portfolio and VVUS is finally below 50% of my overall portfolio (120K shares left). I see several other stocks that could triple or quadruple in the next couple of years and so there is no need to keep so many eggs in one basket. Besides, with ARNA and OREX in the toilet, I don't see VVUS outperforming them by a whole lot as VVUS is still primarily seen as an obesity drug company. Stendra brought peanuts before and it's status is now unknown with ENDP returning it to VVUS. Of course, if they announce a buyout - I ain't going to cry either as I still need to get out of this stock with some profit! If the fundamentals change positively as a stand alone company - I can always average up. My dream of millions here is gone out the window for now. Thanks Seth......

  • Reply to


    by thewizardofbiotechs Mar 12, 2016 8:35 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 6 hours ago Flag

    CMO leaves now. Wonder what's going on? Are they planning to just sell off the company? Trading below cash in hand today. Bought some at 5.20.

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 18 hours ago Flag

    The shares will most probably be worthless (1-3 cents) but that is still 6-9 months down the road. In the mean time, there are 80-90MM shares short who haven't covered yet. Any little catalyst, and there will be some over the next month that could lead to positive speculation, will cause a covering frenzy that could take this to the 50 DMA which stands at $1.05 right now (but falling). I think a safe target would be a triple from the current bottom or 51 cents with an overshoot to a buck being possible if the short squeeze goes haywire. Nobody should hold this for the long term - that is just irresponsible advice. Even trading should be done unemotionally where you take a gain and leave (and not look back) The strategy looks like you accumulate in the morning dips. Once it breaks 30 cents, it could quickly run up to fill the gaps along the way - aided by short covering and day traders.

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 May 2, 2016 12:55 PM Flag

    This stock just cannot break away from his predictions. Looks like it will go below his sale price and obey to his tunes. I secretly wished he would be wrong this time. Oh well...

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 May 2, 2016 11:32 AM Flag

    Bought another lot at 96 cents today. Thanks.

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 May 2, 2016 11:30 AM Flag

    Vinny, my point is - the earnings is not going to move the needle on this stock. We all know that Stendra will be back in our hands next month. What are we going to do about it is the real question. There are only 3 things that are anticipated right now. A new partner or a buyout or a CVOT update from FDA. They are obviously not going to announce concrete plans on any or we would have already gotten the news via a separate PR. So, chances are this will be another non-event like the past ERs that I had the 'pleasure' to be part of! Sold another 10K shares and am down to 130K shares.

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 May 2, 2016 10:33 AM Flag

    vincent, you really think they will beat the numbers with ENDP in the process of transferring Stendra to VVUS and Q pulling in scripts in the mid 9K level? I got some bad news for you. Those presents under the Christmas tree were not delivered by Santa either.

    We are not an earnings play for the next year at least. It will be a news (or lack thereof) driven stock, depending on what the ol' man (not your grandpa) decides to do with his convertible debt. If he wants a quick flip - it is a buyout candidate. If he is going to let his heirs decide, then it is a long term growth play with a new Stendra partnership and Q growing once anti-obesity measures are taken by Congress....

  • covered after the BK announcement? The previous 2 weeks saw only a reduction of 17MM shorts though over a billion shares traded during that time frame. About 500MM has traded since Apr 15 and if we use the same % of covering, that leaves over 100MM shares still short. The volume is now falling dramatically and so any covering is going to run this up quickly over several days. A buck is still possible before the fall back. I haven't verified some of the calculations here but it looks like there are more assets than liabilities (about double the current market cap) and the NOLs could lead to some interesting court action for the commons. Buying today as the bottom seems to be confirmed around 20 cents and we could see a 300-400% run up once the shorts start to take profits. Strictly a trade though...

  • Reply to

    My Giant Big Head

    by ruprecht1490 Apr 28, 2016 3:52 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Apr 28, 2016 8:40 AM Flag

    You do know that FB has it's own message board, no? Maybe it's just me but I find it a tad, little strange that a guy (assuming trolls have gender) who has half a mil in a stock - does not post at all in their message board but chooses to do so on a message board of a stock he owns ZERO shares of. Congrats anyway and time to get that dirt bike and stop eating stale food and sniffing moth balls....

  • Reply to

    Recent insider buys OPEN MARKET!

    by hounddooggy Apr 26, 2016 3:35 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Apr 27, 2016 10:07 PM Flag

    I am an outsider buying each time they bring it down to these levels. 1620 shares and counting. Just keep it coming...

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Apr 27, 2016 1:08 PM Flag

    I sold some VVUS to buy DNAI today. 140K shares left and still way overweight in VVUS compared to my other 10 stocks. I am expecting nada at the CC (prove me wrong, snoring Seth - didn't think so) and have the will power to wait for however long it takes Icahn to make his move. Of course, my position will be slowly but steadily eroding as we wait and wait and wait....

3.67+0.180(+5.16%)May 3 4:00 PMEDT