Thu, Sep 18, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

PDI, Inc. Message Board

betasplen1 153 posts  |  Last Activity: 1 hour 51 minutes ago Member since: Mar 2, 2004
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    beta, hoto, jd, quick and even troll7777

    by sf49ers17 Sep 10, 2014 12:19 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Sep 10, 2014 1:06 PM Flag

    Still here. I have not added for a while. Is your internal contact still thinking October for a sale announcement? We are on a wait and watch mode now. The shorts will only cover when major news hits (good or bad), which is good for those who got in after June. Whether it will be a buck or 30 cents from the covering will be dependent on the nature of the news.

  • Reply to

    Range Bound $0.007 - $0.009

    by omegalawyer Aug 27, 2014 1:33 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Sep 9, 2014 3:49 PM Flag

    Possible factors to cause a rise:
    1) What they did with the $3M they just got. Why pay an arm and leg for it if they are already cash flow positive?
    2) Plans to reverse split and uplist.
    3) Penny stock newsletter pumps the stock.

    I have learned that earnings does jack for this stock...

  • Reply to

    Displaying upside momentum

    by wlenaty Sep 8, 2014 12:03 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Sep 9, 2014 10:23 AM Flag

    That's a 300MM market cap! But if their sci-fi product catches on like wildfire, that's nothing when other hot companies are sporting valuations that are plain insane (in the multi-billion range). I have decided to remove my sell orders and just see where this goes. The recent volume suggests that there is a lot of interest in this company now though it does not show in the price just yet. The float has turned over since Aug 25.

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Sep 3, 2014 9:37 AM Flag

    Quick, so did you get confirmation from Ms. Dunlap on your understanding of the school status list she sent you? I am guessing not since you have not updated us. But it is interesting that every article is mentioning 10 less schools than what they have, including the PR on the deal with the DE.

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 29, 2014 8:23 AM Flag

    Quick, Thanks for clearing that up. So, the option of continuing as a smaller school is out. I guess that's why it is not discussed by any analyst or reporter. But I wasn't expecting that to happen anyway. But I do expect a sale before BK and you might still escape from this mess in one piece. If BK does happen, you will still get at least twice the current price. The shorts will be your friends in either scenario...

  • Reply to

    aug 15 "#" still 5.8m, interesting

    by edharris758 Aug 27, 2014 9:39 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 28, 2014 2:55 PM Flag

    Honestly, I got no clue at this time. Got to see what happens when they announce BK or if they can sell sufficient assets to avert BK. It's on my watch list for sure...

  • Reply to

    aug 15 "#" still 5.8m, interesting

    by edharris758 Aug 27, 2014 9:39 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 28, 2014 10:37 AM Flag

    Hi Ed, See that you are still active on this board and NIHD. In the meantime, I see your antagonist, edgarhansen has disappeared from this board after his NIHD fell off the cliff. The law of averages (and Karma) catch up with everyone, me included. I am waiting for the official BK announcement from NIHD before getting in. That will be a cool triple digit run, given the large short position there. As for VELTF, I don't see anything exciting on the horizon. That run to a dime was a good time to exit but hindsight is always 20/20. Hope it does it again for you and you get out this time. All the best...

  • Reply to

    Whats Next ?? Dilution !!!~

    by biowagers Aug 28, 2014 8:18 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 28, 2014 10:13 AM Flag

    I think that is a given. They will first have to announce some good news on the Phase 1 trials and then they can raise a substantial chunk in the $8-10 range to take them thru Phase 2. Once the stock settles on the PIPE offering, that will be a good time to buy, assuming good trial data of course. Risk will be minimized if you wait for those things to happen before buying IMO.

  • "As part of a deal announced in July, Corinthian agreed to sell MOST of its schools and close a dozen others in exchange for temporary cash infusions from the government."

    Focus on the word "MOST". It is bewildering that there is not one article that talks about the schools that are not for sale or will be taught out or how CCI will look after the sale, assuming the sales happen by the deadline. Management says they are ready to continue business as usual. They have reported accelerated sales as one option to solve the cash crunch and have mentioned that discussions are moving along as expected in their "warning to new students" as well as in quotes in several articles. Yet all articles state that COCO is shutting down or going out of business or dead and buried. Along with over 30% of the float shorted, I don't see why hedge funds won't be all over this. Given that only 600K of the 23.5M shares bought in the first 2 weeks of Aug was short covering, I think a few opportunistic funds are accumulating to make a nice coin in a couple of months or sooner IMHO...

  • Reply to

    Been here....

    by therooneyexpress1138 Aug 9, 2014 5:53 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 27, 2014 2:57 PM Flag

    gf995, Do you feel better about the timelines now? I was getting ready to write this thing off earlier this week but they have a prototype now and it looks great. If they price it right and market the heck out of it, could this be the next new tech toy, especially for the handicapped? Maybe I won't sell into the monster volume today and just see this thing to the end. Abrams is still there and they seem to have the resources to take it to market. This could be $100-200MM company or a 100-bagger from here if they are at the right place at the right time.

  • Reply to

    remember i promised u 1.00 by end of the month

    by southi25 Aug 27, 2014 2:33 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 27, 2014 2:45 PM Flag

    Is that Aug 29 or Sep 2? Just want to put the correct date on my $1000 check to you. Either date will qualify for this one-time offer....

  • Reply to

    COCO Shorts in Danger of Losing Their Shorts

    by seven77worlds Aug 27, 2014 10:59 AM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 27, 2014 1:09 PM Flag

    seven, I thought you were a short from your past posts. Didn't know you were a frustrated long. Anyway, they will have to cover under any scenario (if they want to profit from their visionary trade) and they will in droves. It starts of with some smart ones taking profits and as the price shoots up due to lack of supply, the others will panic or be forced to cover by their brokers since the loss is theoretically unlimited and past short squeezes have yielded 500-1000% gains no matter what the news. They will go "Why the heck is this shooting up like this??? Makes no sense at all!!". I guess I am giving away the secret (i.e., cover before the news). Let them all hold and pay up....

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 Aug 27, 2014 9:21 AM Flag

    8/15/2014 23,959,145
    7/31/2014 24,544,835

    Only 585K shares were covered in the first 2 weeks of August, despite 23.5MM total shares traded. So who is buying all those shares if it is not short covering? I think hedge funds looking to make a nice short-term gain from the inevitable short squeeze. Most shorts are simply holding till the big news - whatever it is. Just the way I like it....

  • betasplen1 by betasplen1 Aug 26, 2014 4:51 PM Flag

    You would think the news today deserved more volume from scared retail and day traders. But there are only so many shares to go around on the supply side and the stock has been beaten to submission for the past 2 months. The MMs are finding it hard to push past a million shares daily at these prices. Days to cover sits at a whopping 24 days or almost 5 trading weeks! Delicious...

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 26, 2014 1:11 PM Flag

    I am not going to waste anymore time and energy with you. You are obnoxious, rude, condescending, boorish, greedy and in my opinion, too egoistic for your own good. If you want to be looking at the balance sheet at 15 cents, and justifying holding onto your position that is supposedly up 90+% - be my guest. I said this doesn't matter at this price from the beginning and was engaging in the discussion just as an exercise. You will learn what I am taking about before Christmas. Hold onto that "large" short position and be part of the squeeze. Don't cover till the news breaks, whatever it may be. That will help me and the 30+MM shares held by institutions. . BTW, I am not down 50% (more like 20%) and I said I will be averaging down at 15 cents even when it was 22 cents. And I am still saying I will average down at lower prices if it gets there. I never advocate buying (or selling) all at once. Since this is my last post to you, let me once again re-iterate - pigs will get slaughtered. You are now going in my ignore bin. Good riddance...

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 26, 2014 10:59 AM Flag

    mike, It's just the law of supply and demand. The actual news is secondary. Shorts either will be taking profits on BK announcement or panic covering on a sale. Either way, it looks like they will wait for the big news before they cover. And they will cover like every other stock in this predicament. If the short position was only a few million shares, my perspective would be very different. I have a back-up plan and that is to double down if they file BK (again I don't think that will happen) and bring my average down to 12-13 cents and sell on the rush to the 30s. My current average is 19.5 cents.

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 26, 2014 10:16 AM Flag

    I am planning to get a million more in the 7s. This is nonsense trading. Folks will wonder why they didn't see it when this is back in the dime range. But for that to happen, management needs to start some shareholder friendly moves like uplisting. So far, I haven't seen that. Another possibility is for a newsletter like Flash research to do a pump, like the last time to 59 cents, when this was just a shell and not producing any revenues or profits. The OS hasn't changed much (maybe 100M shares) since that run.

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 26, 2014 10:07 AM Flag

    Yes. $0.85-1.00 if they announce a sale before BK. 30-35 cents if the other way around. The latter would see a drop to a dime temporarily but it will run quickly back to the above range on the massive short covering. You are covered either way IMO. My bet is on the former. There is also a possibility of $1.50 if they can continue as a 10 campus school after the sale or allowed to merge with EDMC or another troubled FPE. Nobody has resolved the math here. They have 107 total campuses. However, only 85 are ordered to be sold and 12 to be taught-out.

  • betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 26, 2014 9:23 AM Flag

    What happened for you to get so riled up other than 7777's rant? Did the Govt block the sale of their colleges? Just student loans couldn't be sold without following certain procedures - they are not banned them from doing so. That was just an interim step before selling the colleges anyway. Did the creditors ask for their money back? They extended it for a higher interest rate. Who cares about impairments to their balance sheets or lower profits when they are trading at these BK prices? If it was at a dollar, sure this is bad news. Go ahead and do what you gotta do but how will you feel when this is double or triple from here after you sell, even in the worst case? You probably haven't seen a short squeeze before, especially with 33% of the float short? I guess you won't know anyway, since you don't plan to be around (on this planet)...

  • Reply to

    OOOCCCHHHH! That Hurts!

    by investor7777 Aug 25, 2014 5:52 PM
    betasplen1 betasplen1 Aug 25, 2014 6:28 PM Flag

    You are so predictable. Stock drops 10%, and back you are with your doom and gloom which we all know about anyway. We will be much higher than current prices no matter what happens. Sale first or BK first don't matter, though I am guessing the former (higher probability) and you the latter (lower probability). A short at $1.50 will win either way and a long at these prices will also win either way. The question is whether you will maximize or minimize your profits. I guess you will get to experience the power of a 24M short squeeze first hand, since you have decided to hold till the verdict. Wishing you all the worst. Sincerely...

PDII
2.49-0.02(-0.80%)Sep 18 3:59 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.