Yes or at least someone who goes into a presentation fully prepared.And who can field questions on the spot without a teleprompter.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Could be that Cubist is buying in the open market. Cheaper at $13.80 than paying the price offered with the $2 cvr's. They picked up 6 mil shares and that helps them get their majority. Will they continue Monday ? Do they still need a bit more? If so it might just get to $14 in open market.
I have wondered why it takes into the first half of next year to complete the paperwork for the NDA. What have they been doing all these months? There is only data on a dozen kids how many ways can you present that such that it takes 6 months to compile it all? I would think a couple of good data analysts could have it all presented into about a dozen different forms in a month. Bio what do you think of the timeline of it taking into the first half of next year? Why not sooner. It isn't like they are waiting on more test results that haven't been completed are they??? If so what would they be?
It could be that some of the institutions that rode it for the AA have now decided not to linger for 6 months tying up their money and are simply going elsewhere. Another possible thing is that some might be thinking that since the $125mil ATM never got finished (about $90mil to go) the company might just decide to go ahead and finish that off with a secondary at around the current price. I won't be happy with that but it could be in the mill. A simple statement by management that other things are in the works would go a long way toward firming up the price. Is no one in management awake?
The FDA didn't handle toxicity well with GSK's avandia which killed lots of people. They let them sell it for years. Only when the lawyers came in with class action suits did things get brought forward. GSK paid $3 billion in fines for false off lable use of things like paxil also and now is in hot water in China for bribes. But the FDA seems not to have pushed for toxicity data on prosena. History tells us GSK might just get away with another toxic drug. You would think after all this someone in the FDA would be more alert. Hopefully the doctors will help steer paitents toward the less toxic drugs that work. That is the advantage SRPT has if the FDA will ever o.k. it. This is another issue the public and SRPT needs to keep in front of the news media when talking about their product. It is o.k. to bad mouth your competiton if you are in the right and they have a toxic product.
My take is that the DMD parents were told that at the start of the new tests their reward for having been trying to help will be that their child is for sure enrolled in the test. That way they get treatment for the boys which is really after all what they wanted. The FDA will be happy also because it will keep them quiet and the FDA won't have to try and set up more meetings. I think they deserve to have the boys treated and they did try their best to get SRPT's drug o.k.'ed. The down side of this is that the parents who didn't speak up are still likely to not get their children treated until apporval is given if it ever gets approved. I am not as optomistic about approval as I once was because we are up against a giant competitor who is already on record as not always playing by the rules to win (China bribe case which their employees already confessed)
We will finally find out if they really did do the ATM of if they are now stuck with a falling stock price and a need for another year of money. I know, you will all tell me they have plenty. Not so, with new tests coming up and since insurance won't cover an unapporved drug for the tests it will be all on SRPT's dime. Yes, I am still long and still unhappy about the turn of events but we need to stop pie in the sky dreams and get real. GSk is in control now and no matter how good SRPT's drug is big money can still overcome the little guy.
why wouldn't it GSK is in the driver's seat. The FDA just gave them a year or more free time. Doesn't matter if their drug isn't as safe it all about who has the votes in the FDA.
You must be looking at last weeks call prices. Today the Aug 50 calls are 25cents.
Since Chris thought approval was in the bag they were waiting for a big jump up in price to raise the $125mil. Now they will have to settle for less money or dilute even more to raise that amount. Unless they sold in premarket. I guess we will learn what they did soon as they will eventually report it. Or maybe they didn't sell at all yet. I know they have a fair amount of money in the bank but with another six months to a year to go it might just run thin. I still hold but am not a happy camper today. The only happy ones today are the shorts and the big guys at GSK who just got their dreams realized. You notice RNA is moving up since they just got more time. Exactly what GSK wanted.
Bio, To answer your question. I got into AVII in 2000 and then added over the years. Still have it all. will keep it all but am not happy that things are not better today. I agree that SRPT should have been ready with all the data/paperwork to file NDA right now. They need to hire a boy scout and get prepared for things like this.
Next, I see as of right now about 8 mil shares have traded. Likely 7 mil are funds taking profits to apply the money elsewhere for a few months. If the shorts are smart 7 mil are now covered with this gift from the FDA. Like the funds thinking there isn't much upside surjprise coming for a few months the shorts should be thinking there isn't much downside left after today either so both should be out and go elsewhere.
I think the drug will get approved. We will be rewarded in time but it will be a fair wait. But I have been waiting for 13 years so am used to that. What is more important to me is the platform. No one seem to be giving any value to that. I think it is huge. Way beyond this one drug. That is why I am waiting. But I would have been happier with AA today.
Bio, I am still very long but not too happy today. Just being realistic. I will stay long. Thanks for all your posts and for TSRX too.
likely tp drop $10 to $15 as the funds bail out. It will be a slow climb back. Nothing on the horizon for months now so most funds will hold off on it and play other stocks for months before coming back here. They will come back after the first qtr. next year but that is months away. Dead money here for months is how they will see it. Same for the shorts, they won't see any disaster coming to plunge the stock so it will just hover here.
With another year to wait the funds are likely to bail out big time now and take their profits elsewhere for several months before coming back for the NDA approval. I can see major drop today and tomorrow as they bail out. This will give the shorts a good chance to cover if they are smart. Longs (I am one) will have a very long wait for it to see $50. Over time it will be a good investment but it won't be a quick buck.
GSK has to be happy now. They got the one thing that will help them most. A big time delay in SRPT getting approval. It was only last week they were caught bribing officials in China.
If there were the least chance of a partnership why would they be selling more stock? If the test results are good maybe going it alone will deliver us more money. So the question is are the test results good and the leaders are going it alone, or could the test results be inconclusive such that no potential partner can be talked into putting up money? Hope for the best. I think tomorrow will be a pretty negative day.
I am still wondering why they did the reverse split, if they had a general clue as to the results announced today. I guess it doen't really matter dollar wise in the long run but reverse splits generally carry with them a kind of bad impression.
Still I am very happy for the news and it helps get me closer to my average price. Still underwater but better than yesterday.
Now with this bit of news it seems we can almost predict good news at the 48 week data. How can they not have more muscle mass if they are walking better? Or at least likely not to have lost any muscle. So if the loss of tissue can be halted, or even slowed which seems to be indicated by today's news then it is a win. And you have to wonder what would have been the case had they used boys who were very early into the disease. Things would look even better.
Shorts, better cover before the 48 week results.
I am so far down now that selling would be like giving it away. The hope now is to be bought out with stock in some firm that will take over,know how to manage things and use the science to make us some money.