Not holding that much, total 1500 at an average price close you yours. Maybe a little less if my order gets filled at the close. $4.50 would be about where it should be trading tomorrow and it might be an additional way to play, but it might take forever to get your money back. If you do that don't buy at the open because I suspect it is going to be painful with all the dividend players looking for an exit.
May have been a stop loss order kicking in, but it is down even more now. I'm goning to go buy some more I think at $7 it seems to good to be true. Hope that old adage doesn't bite me.
Being short this would be insanity with the dividend payment effective today.
P/E of 1.5 and a rock solid balance sheet. They could pay-off the debt anytime they want. Last earning were improving. Correct management team could turn this around in no time or synergies from a buyer could be accretive almost immediately. I can't imaging the sale price (if that does happen) being at a discount. Maybe I just don't know something. Am I missing something?
Hope you are not short this, since there are no options. I looked to see if I could buy a put for the obvious decline that will happen tomorrow.
I am just hoping it does not fall below the dividend amount tomorrow. And if it does, hopefully there will be a quick recovery.
Perhaps a better plan by management might have been to pay a $1.30 dividend and use the other $1.30 as a buy back after the drop from the dividend payment..
I'm going to hold this and hope for a recover to follow...
What will the stock price be tomorrow for ALTV? I guess we have all placed bets or there may be a few who are just watching to see what happens.
If the stock goes down on a normal basis it should go down by the $2.60 dividend amount. That would make a bet at par equal to $4.73. But the 52 week low was $4.88 right after the cancellation that generated the special dividend. So I am betting it closes higher than that for my investment it needs to just to pay the taxes.
Also perhaps a major telco is watching to make a buy-out offer after the decline. Or perhaps some managers in the firm will start buying in the open market and that will catch some attention to help boost the price back up.
Or maybe it will fall through the floor with only sellers in the market. If Greece falls out of the Euro tomorrow that would really hurt this tomorrow.
Any other thoughts about potential outcomes tomorrow??????
I doubt if Merkel will write that check. The Greeks will just cash it and spend it. Time for Greece to leave the Euro. They are only going to make partial payments and keep spending the money. The only question is how much it will cost. It is like having a renter who is constantly late on their payments. Better to evict now than later when they are even further behind. Don't make a bad decision even worse.
2X the low ($55.xx). My son (a techie) told me about them and Go-Pro. Only bought a few hundred shares though, but I can wait. He says more applications will follow for their hi-res chip.
The doorbell camera is the one that I bought this for. Put one in everybody's doorbell. Now that is a game changer.
If you own this stock in a cash account (meaning you made a cash payment for them) the broker cannot loan your shares for a short because you can sell them at any time. They can only do that if they are on margin. As said below they can do it with a naked short, but the safest and most popular way is with a put. I sold my $10 July puts a long time ago at a healthy profit. I was looking at it again today for perhaps a longer dated put. The debt they carry will likely come back to haunt them if the price of oil stays this low (as it appears it will) for too much longer. The main support factor is the banks willingness to help SDRL. If rates go up much further that support may waver. But I am not yet willing to make that bet. The banks don't want a bunch of high tech rigs to try and sell off in today's market so the reasons they are likely conciliatory are likely due to having no real exit strategy (or ability).
I was thinking of buying more here, but you know that old falling knife joke. The things I know about stocks tell me the mid $100'S WAS THE BOTTOM, THEN THE MID $90's. So I am still watching to see where the bottom may come. Still, with this kind of volume it should be very soon. There can't be that few long term investors who know this company's growth rate that are willing to jump ship.
That is capitulation and all of the easy money people are now gone with a tidy profit. Many of those buying today are happy to get in at the lower price and will likely be holders instead of traders. The bottom was hopefully mid 90's.
Anybody seen IVO? Seems to be quiet when this stock gets crushed. I don't miss him calling people his favorite word (and namesake) Moron. I have closed my puts long ago with a very good profit, but not enough to buy my kids a new Forester like IVO did. Actually I am back looking at SDRL as a potential long position in the mid 9's. But their balance sheet would keep me from using anything other than options.
That is whaT I thought until I did my homework. The two week short chart for HABT shows most of the short money went it at or above $40 so in order for there to be a squeeze it would have to go to and stay above $40. More homework showed the cost per store was way above almost all except for Shake Shack. The secondary diluted the offering and gave shareholders nothing. And these burger flippers are loving this game and I would not be surprised to see them do it again!
She must know something because she is selling every share she gets as fast as she gets it, I was looking for a bottom to buy, but if she is selling I am not a buyer. Not yet anyway. Seems like a value trap to me. Not willing to short here either so I guess I'll just watch and wait for a while.