Deja VU, I just read your post and I had 6,000 shares on Thursday also and I bought 10,000more on Friday @ $1.67. I had been keeping 6,000 and buying 2,000 more when it dips below $1.70 and then selling 2000 back when it gets back above $1.80. After seeing the stock do this twice recently I decided to take a chance and buy 10,000 this time as there seems to be a lot of support around $1.65. Hope we did the right thing.
I don't think so, rather PSDV is being pulled down with all of the other bio-techs with the NASDAQ down over 100 points at the moment.
Mick, If you read through all of the blogs, it's hard not to get excited about the long term potential of Tethadur even though it's only in animal tests at the moment. I was happy to see that the CEO is going to talk some more about Tethadur in Tokyo and New Jersey in the next few days. If only Alimera can get US approval for Iluvien later this year that should set up PSDV nicely to move forward with getting Medidur approved. The $25M PSDV will receive from Alimera upon US approval for Iluvien will give it around $40M plus increased royalties from Iluvien sales to fund Medidur. Also since Medidur uses the same drug and delivery system as Iluvien, you would think US approval for Illuvien would bode well for Medidur. Medidur approval could then generate the money needed to fund Tethadur. Of course this all depends on Alimera getting US approval for Illuvien, so I'm planning on holding PSDV til right before the new PDUFA date for Illuvien probably around September and then selling off half so I can buy it back if we get another CRL. I want to always have a position in this stock as I think the potential for Tethadur could be enormous. All bio-techs are risky but I'd rather take my chances with a company that has no debt, $22M in cash, a phase III trial, and a stream of royalty income that is also working on what could be a game changing drug delivery technology.
For any new investors to pSivida looking for more information about the company, an excellent place to start would be to read the chairmain's blogs. Just Google: pSivida Blogs The Chairman's Blog and click on the first link and you will find the last five of the chairman's blogs there.
It's been almost one year now since this technology agreement with a global company was announced back in May 2013 and we have gotten hardly news about it since so it would be nice to have some new information on how Tethadur is doing. According to the last quarterly report dated Feb 7, 2014, Tethadur "is progressing well and we expect to have some data available in midyear."
Fitz---I bought my pSivida stock about one year ago and I have held it through all of the ups and downs that have followed. I added more this year at $4.25 as with a market cap of only $116M this stock still looks very cheap when you compare it to other similar biotech stocks. It also has a lot of catalysts coming up this year. If Iluvien gets approved in the US it should be clear sailing for pSivida with the $25M payment from ALIM and also making it much easier to gain approval for Medidur. This could be a very big year for pSivida with possible US approval for Iluvien, the update on Tethadur this summer, and the results from the first phase 3 phase trial of Medidur towards the end of the year. Any ideas on how much pSivida could be worth if it gains approval for Medidur ?
Smith on Stocks thinks that Roche/Genentech is the unnamed company that pSivida has the agreement with and Lucentis is the anti-VEGF drug that pSivida is working with. This would make a lot of sense since Genentech's Lucentis has been losing market share to Regeneron's Eylea due to the less frequent injections required for Eylea . See headlines here for pSivida dated Thursday, December 19, 2013 titled pSivida:Game On
I went to PennyStocksWeekly and did a search on Swift Energy and also SFY and results were no matches found.
I was looking at the insider trades for the last 12 months for SFY at Marketwatch. It's encouraging to see that there has been only one insider sell order since last Feb on Nov 4th and I don't know if that can really be considered as a sell because on the same day (Nov 4th) that the president sold 10,752 shares for $14.90 he also bought 11,577 for 13.84 and the trades were both listed as Derivative/Non-derivative transactions. So if you throw these two trades out because they basically cancel each other out and were made by the same person on the same day, you find there have been no insider sales since early Feb 2013 and there have been 7 insider buys after Feb 20 as shown below per information from Marketwatch:
Insider Purchases after Feb 20th 2013: Insider Sales after Feb 20th 2013:
2/26/2013 purchased 10,000 at 13.10 11/04/2013 sold 10,752 at 14.90
2/26/2013 purchased 700 at 13.00
2/26/2013 purchased 7,500 at 13.00
2/27/2013 purchased 8,000 at 13.40
8/05/2013 purchased 20,000 at 11.15
9/27/2013 purchased 5,000 at 11.52
11/04/2013 purchased 11,577 at 13.84
11/04/2013 purchased 10,000 at 14.11
It would seem that being able to buy SFY at $11.67 today is a pretty good deal considering that there have been no insider sales or buys reported for 2014 and the last insider trade reported was a buy on 11/04/2013 at 14.11 for 10,000 shares.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
haven't been here awhile..completely agree.
Fallon was great; he made me feel very positive about the prospects going forward.
I bought some today as the stock looked cheap at $7 for a short term trade. I got burned last quarter buying right before the earnings report but this time it looks like I won.
But after listening to the conference I'm going call to this stock for the long term; great CC.
I didn't realize the price of SSLT was changing when I said it was $10.50 as there wasn't any volume being shown. But when I checked it later after the market closed it was showing a price of $10.47 so I guess that should be my cost basis for my 120 shares of SSLT and $6.28 would then be my sale price for my 200 shares of SLT which would equal 6.28 x 200 = 1256.40 which would equal 10.47 x 120 = 1256.40. I'm new to this merger stuff so please let me know if it sounds like I'm doing this right. I did buy my 200 shares on Sep 4th after the Aug 28th date of record date set but I'm not sure what difference that really made as I still have to exchange my SLT for SSLT shares anyway; I'm very confused about the significance of buying before or after the DOR as it doesn't seem to matter.
I forgot to add that I bought my 200 shares of SLT on Sep 4th after the August 28th DOR thinking I wouldn't get involved in having my shares exchanged but it looks like I got caught up in it anyway as SLT no longer shows as a valid ticker symbol and my broker doesn't show any price for the stock in my account.
When I get a quote for SSLT today it is showing a price of $10.50. I have 200 shares of SLT so I should get 120 shares of SSLT to replace them. Can I record a sale of my 200 SLT today for 120 x 10.50 = $1260 . Can I also record today a purchase of 120 SSLT at $10.50 per share with no brokerage fees.
Earnings were good and stock is up .60 today on the good earnings report. I still think the stock is undervalued with the great 2nd quarter report of .29 beating the estimate of only a break even quarter; It's still trading below book value of $22. With a 6 billion dollar backlog and three new rigs being delivered later this year the future looks bright as long as oil prices remain high.
ORIG reports 2013 2nd quarter earnings of .29 per share beating the estimate of .00 by .29. I just bought this stock last week along with PACD. I looked at both and couldn't decide which one was the better buy so I bought both. So far so good, I'm still waiting for PACD to report their earning today but I'm extremely happy with ORIG's earnings and hope PACD can beat estimate also.