I think they are trying to strike a reasonable balance between the debt holders, banks and the unit holders, maintaining liquidity, reducing debt and the cost structure...They were a little slow on the cost reductions, but hopefully they will continue to improve. While there is no immediate or even 1-2 year concern about the debt (no significant maturities), at some point it will have to be paid, or they will have to issue replacement debt, or something. The market always looks forward. It's unfortunate they are not able to take advantage of low interest rates. So many peer companies went bust, nobody wants to invest in oil MLP's. They need to tell their story better.
I think they are looking at a range of potential solutions or improvements. Fortunately management owns units, so I don't think they want to pay taxes on their units. They have 1-2 properties to sell at a loss to off-set any gains for buying back debt, so hopefully it's a wash. I don't think they have any intention to dilute at $2, they are just getting the filing out in advance in case the stock price rises and they have an opportunity to sell stock to buy back debt, or do another transaction. IMO of course.
Does anyone know if this CODI is treated as income, or capital gains? I have plenty of capital losses, so I don't mind a capital gain, but I do not like income tax with no income.
because the competition is a really great drug/combo/triplet and will be very difficult to beat. That's the reality. If JNJ/ACHN can prove similar or better efficacy and safety in less time anything is possible.
they were Stanley Crooked. Does ISIS even have one significant approved product after all these years and $Billions burned?
I think they are shooting for 10-20% of the market. That would be a win for ACHN and probably lead to an offer, especially with FD progressing.
AXON or ACAD should just buy ARNA, maybe they can run the company better. Just get me $5+ and I'm happy to move on.
If 334 or 371 or 811 or the AXON drug advance, or if the CVOT is positive...come to think of it I will need $8+!
the company told me they will be selling some assets at a loss to off-set this. I'm not sure they even bought back a significant amount of debt, I think they missed the window and now the prices are rising. Should have bought the debt, the units are terrible so far.
Shorts just sell 200,000-500,000 shares a day in the last 2-3 minutes to keep the price low and then pay losers to post lies all day on the Yahoo MB, nope nothing illegal to see here.
well #$%$ fudster maybe because they just announced the P1 data and hired a new CEO and already said they have partners lined up now, but want to get the CEO on board before making a final decision. Grow up and get a real job you sorry loser!
they can't afford to, they are looking for a partner...any more bright questions? Actually they might still do a smallish Phase II to improve the terms of any potential partnership. I'm sure they have some partners knocking on the door now, but they lack proof for a really large deal, which can be structured with milestones based on progress. The main thing is to keep this drug moving forward ASAP and not sign on with any weak partners.
yes, it could be a big problem for them since the trials and small and rapid. I think they may have underestimated FD.
MEMP is greatly under performing the USO in every time frame. In the past 6 months -43% vs -11%. I'm glad they were hedged and did not go to zero like many other MLP's, but with oil rising, it's frustrating to watch the units greatly under perform. The company tells me $60 and $3 are the magic numbers for them. Getting close and so far, the stock is garbage.
small biotechs usually botch the launch and I doubt ACAD will be any different. It's a buy on dips, but I would be careful. Valuation is not cheap and expectations are not low. Also, ARNA/Axovant may have a competing drug coming. IMO not advice.
that's a low hurdle, just about anyone would have been a major upgrade compared to Hixson and JL. Munshi had one success, kind of, I think he was gone when the company was sold. His last venture was a bust. I'll give him a chance. We will know more when he speaks. Is there an annual meeting? Anyone going?
after talking to the company my understanding is that we will have some meaningful clinical data by the end of this year and they are planning for launch some time in 2018. The trials are small and fairly short, so it won't take as long as most drugs for 4471 to go the approval process, assuming it works.