I agree, but the market did not like what they either did, or said. Very ugly reaction to what should not have been a total surprise and it appeared cash flow was positive???
ARNA has a much better pipeline, VVUS has not much, but ARNA has some of the same issues, lack of revs, launch slower than expected, cost burn is too high, they must restructure NOW, before any additional dilution!!!
Did you see what happened to LINE when they did something similar? I read the company PR and can't understand why the stock is down 26%. Looks like they had positive cash flow, bough back debt at a discount, are hedged. Scary and weird stuff.
forget about a deal with GILD, JNJ owns the Hep C franchise. You are going to have to be patient and wait for JNJ to decide what they are doing, test the drug and then acquire, fire, or just pay an milestones and royalties. If the trials go well, it will be wise for them to acquire sooner rather than later (see PCYC).
easy Q and A, they will stop when they are out and turn long. Like other long suffering biotech stocks, at some point, if ARNA has something of value, shorts will exit and institutions will take over. We are not there just yet, maybe next year if S1P1 results are strong and credible.
yes, I heard this also. Of course since this Core Labs CEO spoke, CNBC has had 2 analysts saying the opposite, one saying prices will crash, the other this morning saying prices will stay low for a longer time. I tend to agree with the Core Labs CEO's argument and logic, but that's what I want to believe. Glad they hedged and I hope they can cut costs to weather the storm long enough for oil to reach a price where profits cam be made.
Another poster mentioned MEMP, they are hedged out about 3 years.
I was very concerned and ready to pull the plug on a fairly large position that was down about $50K in a few months. 2 things happened, I spoke with IR more than once. Antonio was very professional and responsive. The other factor that helped me decide to add instead of sell were comments from Cramer about a large hedge fund liquidation and heavy short selling of the MLP's. I'm not here to pump Cramer, most times I'm not a fan, or in agreement, but he's been pretty good at covering oil.
I'm not anywhere near B/E, but feeling a little better the past 2 days and hopeful that BBEP can return to at least $8+ over the next 12 months.
amen and amen. Are they still paying for Cindy, the VP of something or other in Europe. She had little IR experience and no Business Development, but she is very nice and attractive. How many more over-paid, under-qualified people does ARNA support? It's past time to get serious about cost cutting.
1) Plan to fix Belviq sales
2) Plan to reduce costs and focus spending
3) How he plans to make good on his promise of pipeline value in 2015
4) Shareholder value, focus on shareholders, skin in the game=buying shares or replacing salary with shares
This practice should be banned from all public companies, it happens far too often. Company issues stock, price declines, management, or BOD issues themselves cheaper stock, or options. It should be illegal, it is poor judgment. IMO.
OK, then learn to read and accurately interpret a form 4. Yes, they are a bit convoluted, but red = selling. These were insider gifts and insider sales. Nothing significant, but it was not insider, open market buying.
yes, some of these people need to take a chill pill. They have to identify people that meet all the criteria, enroll, do and then evaluate. Nothing will be reported in 15 IMO. It's possible that if patients are doing real well, some docs will tell their buddies and news will slip out, or the opposite is also possible.
Glad they finally got this started, but it's 1-2 weeks late to capitalize on the Receptos deal. That's always the story with ARNA, to little to late. It's a show-me stock and situation, so if 334 is superior, when we finally know something in about a year, or more, ARNA will be a winner. Will they be able to enroll patients at a rapid rate now that the Receptos drug is very late stage?
They need to start cutting other expenses and focus on getting something to market, or to a high value stage for a sale of the company. Since the burn is so high, another partner deal that adds $50-100MM will not do much to extend the live of this financially distressed company (in about a year). Nobody wants another large, low-priced dilution Jack, wake up!