In other words, spot pumping about NASH, it's not happening soon and may never happen. There are other things that could drive value and price.
SV is an idiot pumper on ignore. Every biotech stock in for sale at the right price. I don't think the timing is right for them go get max value, so it's probably too soon, but Jack should be ready to retire when he can strike a good deal. All speculation and IMO.
Still can't believe Dec $9 puts are bid at .9 and Dec calls are all well bid from $11-15 with just 17 days to expiration. Vol is up to 174-180 from a typical 45-50. For people who don't follow options, that a huge move and is a clear signal that something major is close to happening. Also interesting is the OI 9 puts have a large OI and Dec call have large OI at $11, 12 and 13 and a .30 bid at $14 with 17 days to expiration, that's insane.
I wish I had waited and sold the $8 puts today. I think the Marianne trial results would have to be really bad to bring the stock below $7.4, which is the current break even for selling the $8 puts. If the stock price goes that low, shareholders will force DJ and the BOD out and hire someone to engineer a sale. Based on options, the stock could go either way $2-3+ in a blink. Also, "before year end" could be after Dec options expire (I hope). The market is planning on info very soon it appears.
funny, I sold the other 90 that traded. They can have some of my stock some at $15. The problem is, I have a lot more risk than this covers, but at lease I will have a little cash to spend if the results are bad and we have to wait for the company to be sold. Cheers
on the one hand, I hope the Marianne news/data comes after Dec 20, on the other hand I am not sure I can wait that long, it's very distracting. Wow $9 put bid just went to 1.1. If I had no stock, I would be selling the stuffing out of these puts to enter or for income depending on the result, if it comes before Dec 20. Back to work, nothing much to do until the info is released.
it's certainly tempting. I sold some high priced calls yesterday. Low price and terrible relative performance is causing me some concern. Most transactions are near the bid for sellers for calls and puts. It sure seems like the Kad and Kad + Perj arms would have to be worse that expected to drive the price significantly lower, but who knows with this POS. Good luck, we need it!
maybe the $8's are safer, the spread is tighter FYI. Got a pit in my stomach, that's never a good sign.
Thanks. Dates for SABCS are Dec 9-13, so we might have to sweat this out for another week. Not sure why they think positive results are baked in, the stock price/performance is terrible. If this is how it acts when + news is expected... Maybe the high option vol/pricing is based on both news expected this weekend and Marianne/SABCS.
Thanks S9. A new partnership that infuses some cash would be a great benefit. $8 would be great. If AVNR can get to 3.5BB, ARNA can certainly get there and more at some point.
or a take under/low premium deal. SEGN may be fully valued and BB's may want to cash in. Since I own IMGN, I am rooting for both to eventually be acquired and higher prices, but the relative valuations seem out of line IMO.
I think it would take both + Kadcyla and something very + out of ASH to get IMGN back to $14. There will be a lot of long suffering investors ready to sell if/when the stock price ever recovers. It might take an acquisition to make $14+ happen, If I had more of my $ in ACAD and EXAS and less in IMGN and ARNA I would be retiring.
I think the Marianne top line is likely to be released next week at the SABCS, full data at ASCO. ASH is for blood cancers, boy do I look ignorant.
With just a brief look through the abstracts I did not notice any great new data/info. Hoping there's more to come. BT-062 and the SAR naked antibody almost given away by IMGN both look very good, but I did not see any new, advanced trial data at least so far.
DLBCL looks positive/interesting, but it's very early, very small sample size and some competition from SGEN and others that are slightly further ahead. The immunotherapy companies are getting into this area, but nothing advanced so far. I am interested to see an ADC + an Immunotherapy in some combination for something. I doubt early 529 news alone will be enough to move the stock price substantially higher. Need to hear more about SAR and BT at ASH and T-DM1 next week at SABCS to determine the direction.
I sure hope so, but I would add NVS to the list. I would rather see a deal in the $15+ range than another dilution. If they can strike a deal for one of the pipeline products that's structured well and will lead to an acquisition after success, that would be OK. I just don't trust this management team to do the right thing for the shareholders, to make the optimal investment decisions, or to advance drugs past phase I. The sum of the parts might be worth something to someone, Roche or Sanofi can buy for their drug and decide which drugs to develop and which to sell, or partner and probably make a nice deal. The new technology might be spun into a new business, or licensed. There's potential, but IMGN is in the wrong hands and if action is not taken soon, the company could continue to decline.