this is exactly what the shorts want, keep pushing the stock lower so they keep lowering the div creating a death spiral. BBEP execs are saying they can pay the div AND will have $100MM/yr remaining for debt reduction. Maybe they will be acquired, or an activist will acquire some shares and punish the shorts. Time will tell, bought a little more on Friday and plan to hold.
I am in this camp, 53, want the test, waiting for coverage, not interested in colonoscopy.
the "deal" was a good financial deal, but with the wrong partner because Eisai is NOT a BP and NOT an experienced marketing/sales co in the US. For that reason, they were NOT the right partner even on favorable financial terms. I agree Eisai likely wants out to focus their limited resources on their product/deal with Biogen. It's not going to be easy for them to get out, this will be tricky because everyone has stuff to win and lose. ARNA needs finding for the trial, otherwise they could just sit back and collect revs and maybe hire a contract firm to sell the drug. We need a win-win-win deal, or a sale!!!
I just spoke with the company, they have no intention of stopping the div. I bought more after the call FWIW.
Nothing is happening here, at least for now. Too much wasted time here, Jack suks, Eisao Suks, Jack Thief...shorts and longs, blah blah blah, that sums it up. Wake me up when there's some real news on the pipeline or a new partner.
Nice info, thanks! I guess this caused the little spike. Shorts are trying their best to get the price under control and prevent another rally. Above $31 they risk a major short covering event. Volatility will he high for now. Should be a great trading stock for those with the time.
They purchased at a high with their own high-priced stock no? Holding for the yield and based on the hedges. Costs and B/E should be coming down.
buying back stock at 1/3 of book also reduces the div payout saving an additional 10%, but agree it's probably a long shot
I've made a lot of extra money selling puts and calls on EXAS due to good timing or good luck. I sell calls when OB and puts when OS. This time I was 1-2 days too patient letting her run. Will sell puts if it hits $28.5 range. IMO not advice I plan to keep most of this for the next 1-2 years or longer.
shorts want out at the lowest possible price and have a very large position, so that's why the invest so much in trying to destroy the company. It's just the opposite of us, we want out at the highest possible and earliest possible time. If ARNA was growing and adding value like Receptos, I would be patient. Holding a loser is not fun.
makes financial sense to me. Put that extra $100MM in cash flow to work! Hard to believe this is $5 and a 10% yield stock considering their hedges. Apparently the market does not believe something about their story.
you know their game plan is to put a cap on the rally and closes it lower, which will create a technical key reversal signal. I hope they fail, but it could happen. If they fail they are doomed; the rally will continue until they are forced out! Let's see how it plays out.
patience (something I need), or patients something ARNA needs