according to the company, the analyst cut them off without asking about Hep C. I believe this is the same analyst that recently downgraded them. Is this guy a paid bear? Company says they previously announced Hep C data was expected in Q1 or Q2. Company says Janssen typically announces trial results at a major scientific meeting. Janssen has not announced when that will be. If there's a material change it will be reported.
the company told me their CA properties are on Federal property. This poster is nothing but a 2-bit scammer.
shorts already sold, they will buy to cover some day, soon I hope. The market is helping them. Not providing an update on Hep C today will continue to help them. Either the timeline has changed, or ACHN is not aware of any changes. It was a strategic oversight (at best) to not provide an update if they were able. If I had to guess I would say the timeline has changed/delayed.
short interest was reduced BY not reduced TO.. SI is 18.3MM shares. That's 9 average days assuming only shorts buying 100% of the stock purchased, which is not a reasonable assumption.
Let's see how the call goes. If Hep C is on track, the stock should go up. If not, who knows. Biotech companies like to time good news with bad, so I'm hoping today will not be one of those occasions.
the Nasdaq web site has some info about inst investors. Nice price today for new investors, not so good for the investors at 7-9.
are you predicting the Russians or Iran will bomb the Saudi oil fields in less than 2 weeks? That might be the only thing that will make oil go up.
it sounds great, but many things sound great in pre-clinical. At least they have the cash to get to phase III, but they will probably need to sell the company, or partner just before phase III if the Hep C products don't generate some cash.
agree. I once worked for a day-trading firm that had 100+ traders mostly buying, but also shorting. Now they do it all by computer, faster, smarter, more efficient and they sell the ETF's which causes selling in the underlying stocks, it's a mess. It also works both ways, so if, or when when they start hitting the buy button...
it might not be easy to enroll patients since the GILD drug is so effective. Why take the risk? Only for payment or lack of insurance I would assume.
that's because I finally gave up and sold out to buy a seemingly more hedged company MEMP, which is down 7% today. Brilliant move!
I think they are stuck with Eisai until the cvot study is finished. Until/unless they can rise up the tier for better reimbursement, advertising will not pay returns IMO, or at least that's the calculation Eisai is making. It's too bad they can't add it to a WW program, or find a better partner.
Anyone know if ARNA has a next gen, more effective (selective) Belviq in the plans?
I think anyone using the name "Big" Johnson probably is immature and drives a Corvette ie small johnson. Get lost!
Swapped for MEMP because they have longer hedges and I'm afraid the price might not turn soon enough for BBEP. Good luck and God Bless to you longs. This has been a very large loss of capital for me. And to think I was deciding between PSX and MLP"s with a hedge...tragic mistake!
I had talked to BBEP about this and the IR person, who I believe is no longer there, mentioned a potential tax consequence for the unit holders. They were planning to offer senior secured notes to the unsecured owners at something like 50%. Not sure if their senior secured was trading 50% higher in the market.
I swapped the rest of my remaining BBEP loser stock today for MEMP. I'm hoping and praying for a turn before the money runs out and MEMP has longer hedges. I'm sure BBEP will be acquired now! Someone needs to wake the Saudis, or a few well targeted Russian...