expect a gradual rise on hig volume as they employ the trading machines to try and slow the rise. Puts look juicy to sell, calls not very expensive to buy and I rarely buy calls. IMO, not advice.
that's correct, I finally found it in the federal register thanks to another poster. Not much reaction, but also not much volume, or news. Shorts are waiting for the pain.
I looked at the web site, can't find it. PR should be out by one of the companies, communication of this is terrible.
wow, not much reaction, can't even break $8 on this, pathetic, but great news. Glad I sold the $7 puts.
3-day rule, people that want out, should be out, it might be time for a bounce unless management says, or does something not friendly to shareholder value. THey apparently had no plan B in advance, which is typical of biotech, so they may need a few days to pick the new path, 1) sell 2) renegotiate partner deal and downsize or 3) dilute and cut costs. They are going to have to make severe cuts, so they might as well get started with that ASAP to conserve cash.
really, the CEO is on the Board, that's shocking, he will have a job for life. You better buy some 1% bonds, or CD's.
Exploring all options and a large RIF would be the best possible news for shareholders. From what I have heard and seen so far, management is not well regarded, so unless the BOD gets involved, they may keep up with the denial of reality strategy (non-strategy).
I don't know if this is a rumor, but it makes some sense. The options are 1) walk away/drop AVEO, 2) renegotiate the deal- AVEO needs to cut burn, so letting Astellas pay for more and accepting a lower % of revs/profit makes total sense, or 3) A could buy AVEO on the cheap. Aveo could either be $0, $5+, or $2 for the next 3 years while they try to develop Tivo. I say they take the cash and find a buyer NOW.
The 3-day rule is almost up, maybe a small bounce over the next few days.
I learned from the recent AVEO, Tivo FDA debacle, there are several approved drugs for RCC that work OK, but only for a limited time and with harsh side effects. There's room for improvement in efficacy and safety with blockbuster potential in this indication. The ONXX drug sells over $1BB and is not all that efficacous, so there's room for improvement and large profits.
I doubt anything works for Glioma, so the hurdle should be low, maybe AMGN can get on a very fast track/breakthrough.
AMG 595 - This TAP compound, in development by Amgen, is in Phase I clinical testing for recurrent malignant glioma.
AMG 172 - This TAP compound, in development by Amgen, is in Phase I clinical testing for clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC).
this message board is like a narcotic to some of you people who seem to do nothing but post meaningless messages all day long. Get a job, serve someone, or something that has value, go outside, find something else to do.
no posts have any effect on ARNA pps, it's all a waste of time. Go enjoy the day and either sell and move on, or buy and wait and wait and wait for DEA to do their JOB. I prefer selling puts on dips, stock might go to $8-9 on final scheduling big deal.
he was only warning people not to chase it in the AH market, he was not saying the top is $6.5. He said it looked interesting, good chance for approval in a good market, he mentoined a very high potential revenue figure forgot the exact number I think $800MM, no negatives mentioned, only +
agree, a new trial will likely confirm Tivo is similar to the others in efficacy, slightly better on side effects, it will help some patients more than others, just like the other drugs. This will take 3+ years and another hundred $MM+ The good news is that a leading RCC MD Motzer said he would use it first in most patients due to favorable side effect profile, so that provides an incentive for a partner. Unless a better option is found and developed, Tivo should be at least a $500MM-1BB seller if approved.
To attract patients to the study, they will need to allow patients to cross over to something after progression. The question is to what? They should allow physician's choice, but not cross over to the other drug in the study, so if Nexavar is the comparator, no cross to Tivo and no cross from Tivo to Nexavar, but all other drugs can be used, it's the physician's and patient's choice. This would take 3 years to enroll and complete for OS then time to evaluate and file... That's why they need to cut the burn and partner, or cut and sell.