someone recently wrote a good summary on the IV board, but I think there'e some new info expected at Ash, probably early stage and clinical updates on just about everything in the pipeline (internal and partnered) over the next 6-12 months. We might get some stupid PR about 901 tomorrow, I recall Charlie mentioning something on the last company presentation. Maybe they got smart and decided to let it die a slow and silent death, the best policy IMO. No need to relive that fiasco.
Just imaging if there was an oral grug that worked for both Obesity and T2 Diabetes, it would be a huge, double large blockbuster no? One can only dream, or in the case of a sane, rational short seller it would seem to be a nightmare.
Looking at the past 5 days, I think we have an inverse H&S that bottomed early yesterday and broke the right shoulder at 21.5 today. Next resistance is $22.5 then there's more at $23.
I agree with all of the comments about greedy, self serving and incompetent management, so I am not advising at this point, but typically when a biotech with good technology has been "left for dead" out of favor is a good time to acquire. IMGN does have several opportunities for pipeline news in Dec and early-mid 2014. The problem is overhead resistance since many investors have lost interest and confidence and seem ready to sell at a higher price. That causes overhead supply. Shorts seem content for now, so IMGN needs new, significant news to regain investor confidence.
Looks like the bios are mostly up today, but I did notice a story in FierceBiotech about a drug delay in Sciz, not sure if this drug is a potential competitor. Come on $22.5!
they can certainly use the option and then look to license it out for much more than $5MM, maybe $50-100MM, or some combo of $ now and royalties. Since advenced drug development is not a core competency, they have little to offer in that regard.
wow, that must be some strong bubble if the markets and ARNA can sit on it, frigging moron, learn to write! Did you pass the 5th grade?
there's a lot of clinical news expected over the next year. I never expected 901 to work, but shorts, some analysts and media over-hyped the situation and IMGN has done very little to protect the shareholders. They must have more free option grants coming up soon and want to keep the price low. Now that the technology is proven, they just have to start focusing on the right linker and DM1 as the analyst recently suggested by his question and stop wasting time on things that do not work, or or not proven. I recall they mentioned something on final decisions for 901. Hello, it's dead, let it die a quiet death and stop attracting attention to the failure! Friggin idiots!
IMGN has an opt-in right on the drug, they can buy in at a fairly low price. I think they should do that and then sell, or re-license the rights to the highest bidder. IMGN is going to need cash to get 289 further along if the do-nothing BOD continues to do nothing and allows IMGN to remain a public company. The current price is now so far below the full value in a deal, or with better management, some smart large investor should be putting the pressure on them and some smart partners should be considering an offer.
this is old news, should already be in the stock and it's not unusual according to some reports I read. It's basically the Japan Govt trying to negotiate for a low price. Delays are sad for patients. The early results for 062 look interesting, see ling on the IV web site since links won't post on Yahoo.
Then stop misrepresnting the size of the company, which has doubled and will double again around the launch. Then, go out and get a real job punk!
Icahn wants to buy low, so he's talking the market down, thanks Carl.
makes sense, Icahn wants to buy low, talks market down, high beta stocks with large gains are the first thing to be sold. As long as management does not screw up and is focused on shareholders and patients, no worries about the short run price because long term it will be going much higher.
looks to me like the decline started at $6, so I would like to see a move above $6 to confirm what we all think is a trend reversal. There is more resistance at $7. Expect a long, hard battle unless shorts are called in by their lenders and forced to cover.
correct, when we have institutional size positive flow, bear raids will have very little impact. Best move for shorts is to buy calls and exit, or go long.
apparently Zoom, likely that same so-called Expert dope that's been shorting since single digits, did not listen to the recent call, employee size has already doubled and when they get closer to approval it will probably double again as they hire the sales force, unless they are acquired first.
1) Article not Artical 2) There are many large pharmas that need a product like Pima. I recently spoke with 3 sales leaders from large pharmas focused on CNS that are expecting downsizing in their group over the next year. I asked/suggested, why not just buy ACAD and grow your way out. Seems like a no-brainer.
yes, only the overpaid executives voted. In a separate poll, IMGN shareholders think it's the most mismanaged company and should be trading much higher if it were not for the incompetence of Dan Junius and the drug development "leaders".
I hope a light bulb went on when one analyst asked the obvious question during the Charlie Morris presentation, basically, why not just use the proven stuff (linker + DM1 in Kadcyla) and stop fooling around with the stuff that just failed in 901!
How hard can this be, John Lambert and his discovery team have developed at least one linker that has been proven to work and at least one cancer killing agent DM1 that is proven to work, so just link that combo to as many antibodies as you can and make some money for the shareholders, not just the executives. I believe CH or another smart poster suggested this at least a year ago here. Also, now the discovery team has some exciting new linker technology, so IMGN is even more of a value to potential partners and acquirers. For how long will the IMGN shareholders suffer???