sold/replaced some beaten down BBEP and bought some beaten down MEMP, mostly for tax reasons and to add more time for oil to turn around. I think some BBEP insiders bought stock, no MEMP buyers reported yet. This decline today makes we concerned that someone knows they are planning to eliminate the dividend. Has there been a leak? I sure hope they keep some did, or the stock will go below $2 again.
I believe they think the data will be presented at the next major conference, which is in April. Feel free to call them yourself. It's not something they control, JNJ is the owner now. It's possible if something material happened, (good or bad) some of the "top-line" data could be released sooner. Big companies like to present data at the conferences. I would not read anything into this.
what about GILD. They trialed with ACHN, they should know the compounds well and they either did not bid, or made a bid the was rejected in favor of the JNJ deal. Any insights into why GILD did not buy ACHN?
What is the short thesis, are they expecting all of the patients to be cured by the time ACHN gets a product to market, or that the product will not be a commercial success?
I just received a report about a new Merck drug scheduled for review end of Jan?
The only recently completed trial I can find includes 2 ACHN drugs + RBV? Drug: Sovaprevir; Drug: ACH-3102; Drug: RBV; Drug: Placebo. The trials that include ACHN + 335 are in phase I testing healthy volunteers? Anyone have different info? If true, how important is this trial to the stock price of ACHN?
The prior, small (12 ppl) and highly successful trials (12/12) included 3102 + Gilead's drugs I think?
I'm trying to determine if it's worth the risk:potential return to stay long into the upcoming trial result, or wait and see if risk potential reward. With 5 years of cash and the potential for 900MM in milestones the downside should be capped a little, but waiting for factor D without Hep C is not something I want to do. Just trying to do my HW/DD after taking some major hits on my other stocks in 2015.
I talked to them this week and got the feeling growth remains strong. They are making every effort regarding USPSTF, but don't expect a change. Looks like the worst is over for now, maybe Tilson is covering and exiting. He recently exited his position in LL.
I keep calling and they keep telling me everything is OK, but the stock price is a disaster. Usually when I feel like throwing up it's a good time to buy. I'm beyond that feeling...
I suspect unit holders are reacting to the statement about the potential for an additional tax liability. #$%$ is that? The stock is almost worthless and now this?
I'm wondering about the debt restructuring, will that give the debt holders equity? The market seem to think so based on the recent moves. Every time I talk to Anthony he tells me they are liquid, hedged no problems for 12-14 months. Every day the price keeps falling, it's beyond troubling.
Dr. Verwiel was a member of the Board of Directors of InterMune (NASDAQ: ITMN) from 2012 until the acquisition by Roche in 2014. He was the chairman of the Compensation committee and member of the Audit committee of InterMune. Dr. Verwiel was a member of the Board of Directors and the Health Section Governing Board of BIO (Biotechnology Industry Organization ).
please some pharma take my ARNA stock...at a fair price, not the short, beaten down price.
I would try to grab their attention earlier.
You've no doubt hear the term Death Panels. I'd like to recommend a story about how the government is damaging the health care of patients through a so called expert panel that has too much power and too little expertise and a potential conflict of interest. Meet the USPSTF (ironic the USPS part) then describe what they are and how their recent decision will lead to continued low screening rates. Talk about how cologuard is a break-through product it's less expensive than Colonoscopy, more patient friendly and about as accurate...