shine this up and send it to the BOD members. I told people JL was not CEO material years ago based on his terrible communication skills on the calls. A CEO needs to be able to communicate and think on his feet. JL has no investment savvy and his poor communications and financial illiteracy are a detriment to creating shareholder value. BOD members are likely his friends and have a nice deal and don't want change in their great personal deal-pay for nothing, free money...You/we may need to threaten their safety with personal legal action, breach of fiduciary responsibility, etc. to force change. We really need an activist to get JL out.
yes, then the tooth fairy will come and leave $100K under your pillow for being a good boy. What a dreamer. The filing is expected, it's not a big event. I am hoping for $30+ after approval, maybe a new high. Then the company will need to sell product to go higher, or advance in other indications, or sell the company. The current valuation is already $2.5+ BB and they don't even have a filing complete. We are luck to have the stock at this price now IMO. It really concerns me that people have no clue about the risk of biotech stocks.
I read the transcript on SA. Craig presents a nice overview of Bel related opportunities, costs, and the pipeline. Apparently the market was not buying anything he was selling. If these dopes would just buy some stock, people might believe ARNA management had confidence in the company and the pipeline. It almost appears that the shorts have something on management that prevents them from taking any positive action to improve investor confidence. The only other alternative is they don't know what to do, or don't care...
Looks like someone wants to kill the $4's on Friday to me. Friday might provide a good entry/adding opportunity. Any tax selling should be almost finished. Back to work, I spend way too much time on this POS.
agree, if they were so confident in Bel, Bel-Phen, Bel-smokeless, Bel Nash or any of the pipeline products, they would not be selling, they would be BUYING! They all make a very livable wage and don't need to sell stock to pay their bills. It's becoming a trading sardine. Maybe one day...until then trade some and hold some IMO.
sure they will, th#$%$t's why the stock is rising so f#$%$st. Another f#$%$lse hope, this stock is re#$%$lly #$%$ LOSER. Time is running out on them, they c#$%$n't continue to spend $20MM+/qu#$%$rter with 3MM in revs.
This poor stock perform#$%$nce is re#$%$lly getting OLD. Losing p#$%$tience! Gl#$%$d I did not buy b#$%$ck m#$%$ny covered c#$%$lls, wh#$%$t #$%$ w#$%$ste th#$%$t would h#$%$ve been. If this pig does not fly in e#$%$rly 2015, I #$%$m done with it.
make a note of the OI and let's see if it increases (open) or decreases (close). It seems like someone has been taking a shot/speculating near the end of every expiration recently. Also, did you notice any other large trades, it could be part of a strategy. Also, could be a part of a stock strategy...
There's been no information suggesting that ARNA, or Eisai are planning a trial to go after NASH as an indication. The smoking data were positive relative to placebo, but pretty weak relative to the other approved products. BelPhen data were pretty good, but not sure they have the optimal dose, which might be less Bel, or maybe the longer acting Bel will work best. Not sure about 2 Bel pills a day + phen.
agree, the large shareholders should have taken action and failed. Not sure why these large owners are so passive, but management and the BOD need a swift kick for sure. This STOCK is a real POS, but the technology, pipeline, partnerships...have vast potential in the right hands.
Also, PFE's acquisition of Oncology assets might be a catalyst. Looks like we might get lots of partner clinical data before year end and next year.
It is here, so if you think ARNA is worth 7, you should buy and hold if you have the capital. $4.5 to $7 is a great return if it only takes 1-2 years. It it takes more. then there's probably better risk:reward opportunities. I agree if...bel-phen...if smoking...if NASH...if pipeline...if acquisition if if if then $$$.
It's also possible sales will continue to be sluggish, pipeline and other indications will not materialize, company will burn until they have to dilute again and price will stay here or go lower. This is probably a 50:50 deal for now, so it's worth a risk, but not with all of one's eggs IMO.
real sales will cure the valuation problem. Hoped for and maybe if this happens...sales are not being given any value. Pipeline is not being given value. Why, CEO can't sell it and people just don't seem to buy him as a credible CEO, or maybe that's my perception based on weak share price and his poor communication/public speaking skills.
11/12/14 Howard Pien and the other do-nothing Directors were awarded 3000 shares conversion cost $0 and options on 10,000 shares at $10.10 (already under H2o)
9/30/14 Howard was awarded 1274 shares with a zero conversion cost.
6/30/14 Howard was awarded 1139 shares, conversion cost $0
12/31/13 Howard was awarded 840 shares with a conversion cost of $0
That's 4 times in the past 11 months Howard Pien was awarded stock. Hmmm???
Howard Pien was the interim CEO at Mederex when it was sold to BMS. I have been trying to convince the do-nothing IMGN BOD to do the same, fire Junius, hire Pien, look for a buyer that will pay the market value because it's NOT $9. Price is only $9 because we have Junius the failed leader at the helm. The pigs will stay at the trough as long as we let them!
exactly what I was thinking, killing the $9's. Look at the SGEN weekly chart, it's almost identical up 4-5 days then a big drop...It really gets old!