Above is the 3-month high of 4.71. Let's see if it can hold $4.5. I don't want to get too excited. If ARNA doubles we will be about in-line with other biotech stocks over the past 2 years.
God please reward the patience of the long suffering shareholders of this forsaken company. Please help us to remove the do-nothing BOD and other hangers-on that are sucking the life and funds out of this company! That's my prayer for the shareholders.
I see plenty of options awards every month. They are NOT feeling the shareholder pain.
I don't understand the current price/valuation considering the fantastic job management did hedging the portfolio. The only concern I have is the huge interest expense. It would be nice if they could get rid of some of the debt, or get the interest rate down.
avoid, run for your life, it's not a good short, or long, just a slow death of nothingness...
Yahoo erased my first post, so I will try again. In the many years I've been following/investing in ARNA Hoffman did one good thing, a well-timed offering. Under his leadership ARNA did some bad borrowings from the likes of DF and another shady biotech loan shark co, forgot the name. ARNA needs to cut cost/fat/waste. Other than cutting Jack, this was the 2nd best choice. Hopefully more fat cutting to follow. Hope that was tame enough for the free speech sensors.
OK short it then, you go first! You surely know more than JNJ execs that evaluated the co and invested hundreds of $ millions!
They have to try and sell more naked shares to stop the price rise, their borrowing costs are going to increase, ARNA needs a knock out blow to really get the price flying. if JL and co would just buy some stock on the open market, ARNA would fly. Stop selling and start buying JL, or cisit with the ARIA CEO in forced retirement.
Has ARNA picked a new Chair? I could not find one listed on the web site. In the absence of a new chair, JL might as well still be the chair. They need to elect someone that's not an insider/friend to JL and the other execs.
If you short BBEP, you are making a 3+ year bet that oil will never go above $80 for the next 3 years and they won't have the opportunity to hedge out further since they are mostly covered for 15 and 16 and a good part of 17 and they won't be acquired and if they are it will be for less than half of book value. Your upside is $6 and downside is probably $10+ if BBEP only recovers to book value. I prefer the long argument at $6.
If this POS stock prints $3's again, we all need to send JL an email asking him to resign. He promised "pipeline value" will become a reality in 2015. The clock is ticking on that promise and his JOB IMO.
I tried to cut and past the primary and secondary measures, but Yahoo is wiping it out. Everyone should go to clinical trials DOT gov and review this trial. It's one of the last trials on page 1 of Belviq. The trial is nothing less than make, or break. If this trial goes well, ARNA/Bel could rule the market because just about every measure is tested. If it goes poorly, who knows, but it would not be good.
lots of potential options if Eisai decides to exit Belviq. A buy out could be one of the options.