ridiculous posts, when they have the filing ready they will file, assuming no new issues. No outside company is going to tell them to delay the filing and change the "mood" of the investors. The longer it takes, the lower the stock will go because other small biotech companies have caused negative surprises for their investors. Biotech is high risk, buy some puts, or don't hold so much that you will be ruined if something unexpected happens. Not predicting a problem, or wishing it on anyone, just saying to be prudent.
$100.8MM / 21MM shares = $4.8/sh This should be a + on Monday IMO. Who bought? Hope it was either BB's or shorts, time will tell.
On January 20, 2015, we entered into an underwriting agreement (the "Underwriting Agreement") with Jefferies LLC and Piper Jaffray & Co. (collectively, the "Underwriters"), relating to the issuance and sale of 21,000,000 shares of our common stock, par value $0.0001 per share, at a price to the Underwriters of $4.8139 per share. We expect to receive approximately $100.8 million in net proceeds from this offering, based on the amount we will receive from the Underwriters and after deducting estimated offering expenses payable by us. The closing of the offering is expected to occur on or about January 26, 2015, subject to customary closing conditions.
I will remind you of your rude, rookie comments after the final price is announced, which will be soon (I hope). Or, you could go to the NASD web site and click on the current filings from 1/20 see there is no price listed. Have a nice weekend!
also Jim, I don't think the price is lower for everyone, just those that don't have insurance no? So maybe they have to sell 50% more, or something like that depending on the mix of patients. Best scenario for shareholders is some rapid progress in the pipeline and then a sale before they burn up all of the new cash and have to dilute again. Belviq alone will just provide a floor and I would love to see some cost cutting. Some CEO's are too weak to make real cuts that are focused on improving the focus and value. It's time for ARNA and Jack to grow up and focus on shareholder value, revs and profits.
BTW, have you asked them for the details of the QT study? For once AF made a valid point, I don't want to see another rat tumor, info omission.
No way is it $5. When the offering is finally priced there will be a filing and PR with the details. Timing will be AH tonight (my guess). Pricing will be below $4.5 IMO. If they had offered 10MM shares, this would have been finished quickly, price would have stabilized around $5, but they always flood the market with too many shares...Don't expect a fast rebound unless they are with-holding positive news IMO.
first file, then 6 months or more then approval if all goes well. Glad I am out, I would be very nervous waiting for the delayed filing. Almost bought some puts in case there is a 2nd delay. GL to longs.
getting closer to $4.5 and still no pricing, which means final price will be below 4.5. This delay, caused by the large size and lack of inst interest is costly to the LT shareholders.
Please stop spamming. Nothing has been proven regarding NASH. We have no indication that Eisai is pursuing NASH. There's some potential in smoking and other addictive behaviors and potential in diabetics/pre-diabetics. Unfortunately, their commercial is not good. The rival diabetes med says we are approved for diabetes and oh, by the way you might lose weight. Eisai should do the same thing in reverse. Ultimately, progress with the pipeline will have to get ARNA past $5 and hopefully to an acquisition within 12-24 months.
they are based in San Fran, so I would think they are open a little later than an East coast firm. Either way there should be an filing, or press release with details on the offering and I have not yet seen it. Again, I hope it's $5, but if so some people will not be too happy and if so, I will be looking to close my $5 short call position (against long stock).
When the final price is announced, there will be a PR. Hope I am wrong, no institution will pay $5 for a stock that's $4.66.
will be fortunate if it's 4.5 now. The longer it takes the lower we go. Shorts know this, buyers know this and the delay in pricing because the sold a large number of shares if working against the shareholders big time. It only proves once again management is not financially savvy (to be nice).
24 hits for a non-truth. VVUS has a lot of cash, but also a lot of debt, they are going to zero. Missed a huge market rally today, very disappointing!
21MM shares is a lot to digest. Management does not care about ARNA pps since they never invest their own money in the stock, only play with free house money. They have 12 months to perform/advance the pipeline or they must be replaced.
today's guess is much more realistic. History will not repeat unless buyer was BB's or buyer was shorts. Otherwise, stock will churn around at best for a few weeks, or months digesting this large offering.
I would bet on about $4.5-4.6, they are going to want a discount to the closing price IMO. On the + side, the written JPM presentation looked impressive. If any of the products work as advertised, ARNA is might finally, one day, before I die, become a growth stock that can be sold, or issue stock at a reasonable price.
since the pricing has not yet been announced and no institution is going to pay a price higher than the close today, I think you will need to adjust those numbers down. FYI, stock is dead meat for the next few weeks unless they announce something very positive. Having some good news in their pocket is typical, so maybe they will file for approval somewhere to stabilize the stock price here. 21MM new shares is like a big snake swallowing a calf, it will take a while to digest.