JL better let us in on the exit, or turnaround strategy, shareholders require a return on their investment.
I like what I hear from the new management team. It sounds like they have to clean up/turn around the company. Let's just hope the mess is not too large for them to overcome.
53 now, no real worries, but overdue for the test and want to get it while I have insurance, which does not cover it anyway. Maybe late in the year if I have some flexible spending $ remaining that I need to spend I will bite the bullet.
Brilliant, they should be advertising with all of the popular senior groups. Most people at 50 are still working and not wanting to join AARP just yet, so maybe advertise on the Golf Channel.
My GP wrote a script, no problem, but I can't get reimbursement currently, so it's no good. Until Cigna, or the deciders for my large company plan add it (Cologuard or specifically their Lab) to the list of approved and reimbursable products, I would have to pay full cost, or I can do get a Colonoscopy for free. I am waiting, but getting impatient.
Good comments. I do see the potential value in an advertising campaign for patient and MD awareness. If people start calling their company and insurer (as I have done) asking where can I get Cologuard, or why can't I get this test that cost 1/3 and does not require drugs, cleansing, lost time and a hose up the wazoo...
thanks for the summary. Belviq IMS numbers were better than Sym this week.
Eisai is not getting the job done. Something has to happen, either faster growth, or lower spending. Maybe they need to dump Eisai and sell the company to the highest bidder. Receptos is flying, ARNA is just churning and not participating in the bull market. Shorts will start covering again when the market sells in May or April and goes away. They are a difficult and well funded opponent and JL can't or won't defeat them.
I don't understand how expectations got so high, but very few launches have produced 10,000 patients, customers, whatever in the first full quarter. It's easy to cast doubt in the early part of the launch, particularly when we are waiting for coverage to expand. I think EXAS will be a great success when the private carriers start providing access. Until then, it's going to be volatile due to the large short position IMO.
They need the private/corp insurers to provide access. When that happens, volume will skyrocket. Until then, they are stuck with people from the govt sector. Not sure they can achieve high growth until we get more access. I hope they focus more on this and less on adding individual reps.
It does not cost 200,000/quarter to add a sales rep, more like $200/yr including benes. I think they need to focus on gaining access to Aetna, Cigna and similar, so millions more patients can gain access. I want to use the product ASAP, but don't want to pay $599 and I can't wait 2 more years for a check.
with all due respect, I recall AMFN doubling just about every year from 89 into the early 199o's, so you must be referring to earlier years? We do agree, management is inexperienced and unseasoned especially in the area of the financial markets. Jack and the bean counter are completely clueless regarding Wall Street, but maybe they are learning through trial and error with our money. Deerfield and another bio financial firm ate our lunch.
It's not a good deal if the partner can't market and sell. Yes, the financials of the deal were good, the selection of the partner was not. Longs want right sizing, we want to see the burn rate get to a a level that does not bring on further dilution and we want to see that any dead wood that is just feasting on the shareholders cash and not adding value out.
They had their fun yesterday, back to + today.
As I have been saying, EXAS is a LT story and launching a new product is difficult and takes time. Shorts are going to add a lot of vol while we wait for this to work out. The only concern I have is Insurance coverage. I want to use Cologuard, I can't get it now unless I pay full price. Until Aetna, Cigna, etc start reimbursement, the market will be somewhat less that it could be. I'm not sure if adding sales people is the right step until they get additional insurance coverage and that could take time.
Excellent posts, mainly because I agree with all of your points. There are many ways that could lead to a higher stock price, yet JL has not found the path. He's only looking at his wallet.
Not sure about $8 but it holds up better than most and I like no debt. I also bought some BBEP, which is not performing as well.
sell, but not to Eisai, they are not a quality company and I don't want their illiquid stock. If they want to offer $10+ in cash, I will take the deal.