The Brilliant IMGN ceo already shot this down saying the decision to opt in is years away, or basically saying this drug is still in its infancy. Another cc blunder by the pretend CEO.
While the 3% increase was nice, it's nothing to get excited about. ARNA was down yesterday when the entire market was up and is up less than XBI, a biotech ETF with mostly small-medium biotech stocks.
Hard to believe, the Feb $6 put can be sold for about .42. These expire in 2 weeks. That's an excellent annualized return, or enter the stock at $5.58 if the price finishes the time period under $6.
I have traded a few em's with AF regarding his negativity on ARNA. His response, the stock went down last year. My response, give me an unlimited bank account and I will make any biotech stock (under a certain size) go down. Glad to see he is turning +
this is an excellent point. If ARNA can get Cramer on board, maybe we can get the shorts out.
sounds right, probably someone working the stock lower for the shorts, end of day total/ave price transfer, or reconciliation
BTW, I don't have any many options open on IMGN, a few short calls sold a few months ago and a few low-priced puts. I had a call spread on, long April $14 and short April $17, but I sold the $14's a few weeks ago and then later bought back the $17's (late on both trades, but a very small profit). The play here IMO is selling puts for income, but that requires cash in case the price goes down and you have to buy the stock.
2 words, Polar Vortex. I don't expect any growth, it we get some, or beat the Obesity group growth numbers (taking share) it will be a bonus. IMO.
Breaking $23 would create a nice inverse H&S bottom. Question is, is $23 the new $24 (strong resistance) or can ACAD break through and confirm a bottom. In the absence of new fundamental info, all we have are the technicals.
until they get something in the clinic and have some human results, the market will not give them any value, so it's not news/PR worthy just yet, but an interesting find.
I suggest reading "Options as a Strategic Investment". If you have a good local business library they might have it. Otherwise, it probably an expensive book, but very good, practical, strategic, but not a text book.
More presentations announced today. They should stop talking and get to work. They are not skilled communicators and really have nothing new to discuss until/if ever they have some real trial and new results. I don't expect anything in the internal pipeline is commercially viable except 289, so they need to get that moving ASAP. Of this could just be their latest over-hyped future disappointment. Hoping for a lift from AMGN, or another partner this year.
No, but I would be happy to be part of one, as an ARNA shareholder of course. The problem is most BOD's make a sweetheart deal that provides extra benefits to the execs and a bidding war never occurs, example MEDX. I agree the best way to max the value for shareholders is to put up the for sale sign and say going to the highest bidder.
those options were set to expire in June. I always check the expiration date before complaining, that's why I did not mention that sale. JL has mostly been waiting until the last possible date to sell, but he had a few months to go on these. I wish I had sole more stock into that quarterly report that was once again not as good in reality as it looked on paper. It seems they have no one at the company that is a strong cc communicator, once the analyst questions start. They can't think on their feet, walk and chew gum...The BOD needs to sell this POS and end out misery!
agree on all accounts. Looks like we may have to suffer through another bad number tomorrow.
Maybe they should hire another VP to do nothing? No phase II trials, so why do they need Charlie and O'Leary? No business development, so why do they need 3-4 BD execs and then this new VP? Is he going to take over company communications, someone should, Junius and Charlie just mumble and talk in circles. This stock is really annoying. When is the BOD going to shoot this garbage stock and put the long suffering shareholders out of out misery? IMGN has one value adder, I am surprised John Lambert has not yet bolted for SGEN, a start-up, or Roche.
No matter what the value, Pharma firms have a difficult time paying more than 2x the current stock price because the shareholders object. So, ARNA's price must rise before an acquisition can occur above $10-12. I don't think Jack is interested in selling for a low price even thought their Execs regularly convert their options and sell low.
Good summary, add the pipeline and research, which are getting no value. ARNA valuation should be more than 2x VVUS and more than 2x OREX IMO. Soft sales growth likely to continue a little longer = opportunity (for shorts to exit).
not so sure about that, I think the sales number tomorrow will be weak due to weather, so one might be able to buy low/lower after the number. Hopefully, this will be the last bad number, but weather continues to be a problem in the Midwest and Northeast. People who don't live here might not be able to understand, but there are days when people can not get out on the roads, schools are closed, businesses closed, people told to stay home/off of the roads. They are not going to the MD, or to the pharma on these days.