you know what they do, they just issue more low-priced options, share price does not seem to be a focus/concern until it's too late and they start running out of money, which is not too far off if they don't cut soon and deep.
Good for you Jim. Are you or your group in touch with any BOD members that can get Jack out? I agree, the sooner the better, cash is burning; neither Jack nor his bean counter are right for their job job. And what the heck is ARNA paying Cindy to do in Switzerland?
Business decisions need to be made, cost cutting is needed, capital needs to be allocated properly. We need a turnaround specialist and potentially a sale. I'm not sure anyone would be interested in buying ARNA until they figure out a growth strategy/market for Belviq, or get a new product further along.
Jack has a grip on the Board, we need to loose that grip. Go to work!
He should have been fired 2 years ago, he's in way over his head. New hire looks like the best new hire they've made in a long time. I was hoping for the BOD to hire Howard Pien to clean house, reorg and sell like he did at Chiron and Medarex.
the stock has been like a narcotic, every once in a while I get a brief transient high, I can't quit and it's ruining my finances.
stop pumping, no Phase III has been started and at present I am not aware one is planned. I believe Eisai is doing some marketing research prior to making a decision to determine whether there's demand for a lower risk, lower efficacy product. Efficacy was positive compared to placebo, but well below current, more toxic products.
I don't think we will see any more on this until ASCO when they release side effects/full data. The article on the IV web site was interesting.
It's my understanding that Eisai will soon be starting a marketing research study to determine if there's a need for a product with low side effects and lower efficacy that the treatments that are currently available. I would therefore assume no additional clinical studies will be started until they get the results.
There's really no reason to buy this POS except for short covering, which they may prefer to do in Jan to extend their gains into next year. Junius and BOD are clueless, so shareholders are twisting in the wind. I wish I had the guts to short SGEN. Still, gonna hold most of my shares, sold just a few for tax loss.
too much downside potential/fear after the collapse of some other biotech stocks I own. Insider sales have bothered me for a long time. I made a huge profit here already. It might go higher, I hope it does, but I was thinking there could be a sell on the filing and the insider sales were an issue for me.
Good stuff, thanks. I had the opportunity to speak with someone today that might know a few things about Belviq marketing. I think Eisai will be exploring whether there's a market for a low side effect, less effective smoking cessation drug. I think they feel the real LT value could come from A1c effects, but they need to complete studies that show it's more than a weight loss effect, kind of like Nash, which was not even mentioned. Outside the US they might have to lower the cost to sell the blue pills and Contrave seems to be the hot, low-cost pill in the US right now.
Not sure I agree on the CEO or purchasing shares, they are going to need to cut costs soon if they don't get some licensing $. I am more out than in the market as of today, just holding a winner EXAS and 2 losers ARNA and IMGN for now.
I was also looking into the oil play, but I don't have time to dig through the financials and notes to the financials to see who is hedged, or not and which companies are low-cost producers and low-debt, but there are no doubt some gems that will be acquired.
Thanks and have a Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2015.
yes, timing was terrible, in addition to the mountain is stock I own, I had sold 60, $8 that I could have bought back for .05 or .10 and instead I paid 2.60. In one day they would have expired worthless. I get so spooked, I sold my biggest winner today ACAD. Too much risk, can't trust biotech CEO's any more than a carnival barker or tonic salesman.
What, if anything, do you think will propel ARNA out of the $4 range? Do you think Belviq will ever be a big seller? When and for what areas other than obesity?
Sold my ACAD today (thanks S9 and Jesus not necessarily in that order, but you did point it out) after a big loss in IMGN on Friday, I had too much fear of losing the big gain. I watched about $200K in paper gains in IMGN disappear over the past year, did not want to risk a similar fate if something bad happens. For some reason I think the market will correct (or worse) in 2015. Growing impatient with stocks that performed poorly in a great year for biotech.
5000 of the Jan 30 calls and puts traded. I forgot the technical term for this, but it's an attempt to keep the stock price down. The short games continue.
I am not the best to advise on timing IMGN, but typically I use the 3-day rule after a big plunge. I am not sure I would even buy it, but if I did, I might consider LT calls to limit risk. The only hope is a buy-out at this point.