% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Zumiez, Inc. Message Board

blue_devil_ninetynine 14 posts  |  Last Activity: Jan 27, 2016 5:12 PM Member since: Oct 24, 2003
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • blue_devil_ninetynine by blue_devil_ninetynine Jan 27, 2016 5:12 PM Flag

    I feel like Sequans should "explore strategic options" with potential buyers. With Altair having been snapped up by Sony, other potential suitors are left with fewer options. I think Sequans could get between $3-5 per share. Granted that is lower than what many of us would like in the long term, but it would be worth considering from my perspective. An announcement alone would take this over $3 in my opinion.

  • Reply to

    Sell off?

    by newbie57 Jan 11, 2016 11:15 AM
    blue_devil_ninetynine blue_devil_ninetynine Jan 11, 2016 11:47 AM Flag

    Strange indeed. I suspect this stock simply doesn't have enough trading volume on most days to be an efficient market. I think there's automated, high-frequency trades going on, that try to "lead" (raise or lower the price ahead of) incoming orders. If there's one person looking to sell stock, the bid/ask get lowered to get that person to chase downwards.

    Clearly this is not a trading stock. If you believe in it, you have to buy and hold for what will HOPEFULLY be big gains in the medium to long term.

  • Reply to


    by newbie57 Jan 5, 2016 10:31 PM
    blue_devil_ninetynine blue_devil_ninetynine Jan 6, 2016 8:44 AM Flag

    Unfortunately: "AT&T’s LTE-only IoT modules are being developed by Wistron NeWeb using Altair’s Cat-1 LTE modem."

  • Reply to

    Pre CES Rally?

    by newbie57 Dec 30, 2015 9:53 PM
    blue_devil_ninetynine blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 31, 2015 2:48 PM Flag

    Would be nice to see Sequans in the next Apple Watch, announced at CES. :) I realize that's HIGHLY unlikely, but I can dream can't I? :)

  • blue_devil_ninetynine by blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 25, 2015 12:04 PM Flag

    Just saw a TV ad for this last night. Possibly a white-labeled version of the Zubie. I'm betting it has Sequans inside. I believe Verizon is serious about IoT, and will give a big boost to Sequans.

  • blue_devil_ninetynine by blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 15, 2015 2:59 PM Flag

    Any ideas? I have a very large, long position so I obviously buy into the fundamentals of this stock. But why the rather sudden surge from $1.50 to $2+? Is this funds moving into SQNS looking for strong performance next year, or is this driven by some specific bit of news (or impending news)? Theories?

  • Reply to

    Go DOWN!!!

    by blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 9, 2015 10:00 AM
    blue_devil_ninetynine blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 15, 2015 10:08 AM Flag

    Nope, I still hold 425K shares, and haven't sold any. However, when it dipped to $1.50 briefly, I decided I wanted to add to my position. I put funds in my account, but unfortunately didn't pull the trigger at $1.54, and since then it just ran away from me. I just cancelled the standing buy order I had at $1.50. I figure 425K shares is a plenty large position - no need to add to it at $2.

  • Reply to

    Go DOWN!!!

    by blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 9, 2015 10:00 AM
    blue_devil_ninetynine blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 15, 2015 9:24 AM Flag

    I gave up on the dip and withdrew funds from my brokerage account today. Which means SQNS will probably go down today.

  • Reply to

    Go DOWN!!!

    by blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 9, 2015 10:00 AM
    blue_devil_ninetynine blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 14, 2015 12:02 PM Flag

    Sigh... you're absolutely right. Every time I've wanted to buy this stock, it has gone up. This time I'm left with significant liquidity in my account, just waiting for the stock to ease up a bit, and instead it has steadily gone up from $1.50 to almost $2!

  • blue_devil_ninetynine by blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 9, 2015 10:00 AM Flag

    I want to buy more this month. Where are the bashers when I need them. Come to think of it, where did they go?!?

  • Reply to

    So... will we see tax-loss selling?

    by blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 3, 2015 9:53 AM
    blue_devil_ninetynine blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 4, 2015 11:28 AM Flag

    Damnit I WANT this thing to dip in December. I have funds sitting in my account to buy if it does so. But so far it's holding steady to up.

  • blue_devil_ninetynine by blue_devil_ninetynine Dec 3, 2015 9:53 AM Flag

    We saw SQNS decline last year in December due to tax-loss selling. However, this time around, SQNS is roughly flat to up relative to prices over the last 1.5 years (it was higher in the first half of 2014). Does this mean we won't see tax-loss selling this December, or should we expect this to go down over the next few weeks?

  • Reply to

    Analyzing the recent price action

    by blue_devil_ninetynine Nov 18, 2015 10:09 AM
    blue_devil_ninetynine blue_devil_ninetynine Nov 18, 2015 12:44 PM Flag

    How can you tell that employee profiles are being looked at on LinkedIn?

  • blue_devil_ninetynine by blue_devil_ninetynine Nov 18, 2015 10:09 AM Flag

    I'm not surprised that there was some sell-off after we went up to $2, but am surprised that we've come all the way down to $1.50. I guess it's simply a function of the fact that some sell-off was understandable, and this thing is so thinly traded that any sell-off sends it crashing down. I'd like to get everyone's opinion on where we'll go from here, and put forth my own:
    Option 1: This was a temporary and short sell-off. We'll bounce up from $1.50.
    Option 2: We'll continue to see sell-off until Dec 31 as investors take losses on this stock for tax purposes. We'll probably go down a bit further until 12/31, but will go up starting Jan 1.
    Option 3: They've already pretty much said that Q1 will be only slightly down or flat from Q4, so we're certainly not expecting them to project growth for Q1 in the next earnings call in January. The next earnings call that could be interesting is the one in April, as we'll see how much, if any, sequential growth they project from Q1 to Q2. Therefore, this stock is going nowhere until April.

    I'm leaning towards Option 3 simply because April may be the first time we get any news to truly move the stock. That could be thrown off of course if there is a major design win before that, like getting selected for the next Apple Watch or something of that nature.

    What do others think?

18.46Feb 11 4:00 PMEST