Looks like Microsoft has just upped the virtual reality goggles race. My mind is racing with excitement over all of the applications this could serve. The tech behind how these glasses actually work is also pretty clever, I don't entirely understand it, but it seems to be more than just a OLED diplay, lenses and a driver like existing solutions. I legitimately feel more excited for this than I have been for Oculus and Morpheus.
Another little clever thing Microsoft have done here is calling it a holographic headset, not a VR headet. The different wording not only separates Microsoft from other competitors refering to their headsets as virtual reality headsets but it also makes much more sense (from a technical and branding perspective).
The display uses a pair of 0.5-inch OLED micro-displays coupled to wide field prisms (both supplied by eMagin), offering a sharp 800x 600 image with tolerance of differing user’s pupil distances.
Current Articles | Archives | Search
eSight technology offers life-changing electronic vision
James Anderton posted on November 17, 2014 | Comment | 4332 views
Share on email More Sharing Services
Most of us will experience some form of vision impairment at some point in our lives…whether it’s simple myopia, age-related macular degeneration, injury or disease, vision correction will be necessary for most. For many, however, visual impairment is more severe. The American Foundation for the Blind states that 8 million Americans are blind. Approximately 15 percent of this population is totally sightless. The other 85 percent have some limited sight but is almost as debilitating as total blindness. This condition is known as legal blindness or low vision.
FBL-you seem to be one of the more sensible folks on the board: Macular Degeneration Diabetic Retinopathy Stargardt’s Disease Ocular Albinism Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy Cone-Rod Dystrophy Some forms of Glaucoma, Retinitis Pigmentosa
Lots of eyes out there=TAM
I think E-sight is a great opportunity in a developing market. And design acceptance, speaks to the sophistication behind micro display.
Please realize- the end-market for tools to let the blind see, the power of crowd funding and the publicity gained from leading edge technology.
What is your background and supporting data to conclude that PPS? $12 is realistic on announcement of partnership or more clinical findings and traction for personal cancer platform. Trading wise- $6.25 will be next leg as interest is building in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) as evidenced by ROCHE.
We do not currently own or operate any manufacturing facilities for microdisplays, one of the key components in our Video Eyewear products. We currently purchase almost all of the microdisplays used in our products from Kopin. Our relationship with Kopin generally is on a purchase order basis and Kopin does not have a contractual obligation to provide adequate supply or acceptable pricing to us on a long-term basis. Kopin could discontinue sourcing merchandise for us at any time. If Kopin were to discontinue its relationships with us, or discontinue providing specific products to us, and we are unable to contract with a new supplier that can meet our requirements, or if Kopin or such other supplier were to suffer a disruption in their production, we could experience disruption of our inventory flow, a decrease in sales and the possible need to redesign our products. Any such event could disrupt our operations and have an adverse effect on our business, financial condition and results of operations. Recently several new LCOS and alternative OLED suppliers have begun offering microdisplays suitable for use in our products. These manufacturers include Syndiant, Texas Instruments, OmniVision, HiMax, eMagin, Silicon Microdisplay, Sony, and others. With new tooling and electronics any one of these alternative displays could be incorporated into our products but our costs of production could be higher and make our products uneconomic for the marketplace.
the Miracle has yet to happen if at all. Should this young guy walk again, then the stock could be $30-$40 dollars PPS.
If they pull off the last milestone then stock could be in the $20's. They are still in R&D phase keep in mind!
1/2 $mil salary and stock in the woodshed for years under his foot. Get rid of Donovan as he is petrified wood. Board of directors get your heads out of your asks. And fire this guy- loser stock and!