I am long but I think a lot of others who thought the trial win was going to boost the stock price. Not bashing the stock but now being realistic about the immediate future. I should have put more money into ACAD instead.
Agreed. It makes everything even more intriguing. But I sense that they, too, will not settle and drag things through the courts. They know that time is on their side. At some point, Vringo wont afford legal costs. If they actually had a viable product I would feel better about them being a patent troll.
A nice steady climb between major announcements with enough pullback to lure in more investors. The charts are overwhelmingly positive. High institutional ownership is huge. This has become an investment stock, not a trading stock. Sure, a dose of bad news cuts the price in half but there doesn't seem to be anything to stop the forward momentum so far.
the quest for serious gains in the stock price appears to be a long-term struggle. VRNG may eventually win the war against GOOG but it could be years before this happens. GOOG will continue to delay and stall by winning enough small battles along the way. Even if JJ makes the most favorable ruling possible for VRNG, the awards will remain on paper for a while. We will see short spikes in pps followed by the realization that VRNG will have to go through an appeals process for each significant ruling. So, this will become more of a trading stock versus something to hold in one's portfolio. Talk about the stock doubling or tripling is very premature and I only see it if the company is in a better position in three years or more. I wish I could be more optimistic but this rollercoaster ride is a long one and the only one available for the foreseeable future.
If it's good enough to attract 78% institutional ownership, that's quite a show of support...a very promising drug, plenty of cash and little competition. Whether you buy 10 shares or 1000 shared or more, it's a great pharmaceutical choice for one's portfolio. Could easily see this at $25-30 a year from now.
However, the reason for delay could be a big deal. The filing was due today and they have five days to file,meaning this action was planned all along. If you read the report in Edgar, it clearly states that they will file within five days of original due date. That's why they chose 5/20 as the date of the earnings announcement.
The move to Indiana is a cost cutting measure. Companies cut costs when revenues not high enough. Again, would not touch this until after earnings announcement.
Give it up. It's a momentum stock right now. Smart money pouring in. Volume should tell you a lot about where it's heading.
The public offering news was supposed to #$%$ investors and drive this down. I thought it could fall today but the company responded right away with the offering price. Now, there is even more talk about big pharmaceutical buying Acadia. Stock price could be around $30 in a year. Who wouldn't want to invest?
They hinted at quarterly sales at $1M. In 2011, they had at least a $5M quarter. They are nowhere near their best quarter. You think the Italians are going to come through? India has already bilked them out of millions.
Retail investors often get crushed for the reasons you stated. Better off waiting until the sell-off. Unfortunately, this is now a trading stock as the locusts have arrived and will only leave once the stock has been decimated.
Why all the optimism? The company saw its revenue drop from $21M in 2011 to less than $1M in 2012. At end of 2012, it only had $183,000 in cash.
On 5/15/12 the company said that the reason for decrease in revenue was due to past-due receivables, about $8.6 M owed. Well, if you read the next three quarterly reports that money was never collected. Looks like it was a write-off.
High cash burn, inability to collect money...there's a reason why this is only a 2 cent stock. Irrational exuberance may move this higher for the next week, but many of you will be holding the bag when the traders
are done and this moves below sub penny. Seen it happen too many times to similar companies.
Disagree...right now they are more concerned about remaining listed...mgmt knows they are in a tough spot
Earnings will not surprise..wait to buy when hits .017. New orders will be minimal and the company will talk about the fact that they have stuff in the pipeline...No definitive buyers or timelines. Irrational exuberance in full force today not anything concrete.