No bayman, I didn't. To quote jerseyvinny, so many choices, so little money. It still is on my list though and it has done nicely the past few weeks.
kee, I"m not looking to add any dry bulker to my portfolio right now and I'm content to sit with SFL and their 22 bulkers. Any rise in rates would only add to SFL's earnings. I just follow the BDI out of habit when I owned about a dozen shippers back in late 2000's.
BDI is now at 539 and, for what it's worth every day up seems to be stronger than the previous days rise. I noted this last week. Hopefully will translate to stronger earnings and prices for the dry bulkers but it still has to go a lot higher to mean anything significant. JMO
So take your lumps and sell, chalk it up to a lesson learned. The expectations were yours and if you don't have the patience or the gumption to hold, collect the solid dividend and wait for share price appreciation then stop messing up this board with constant complaining.
yep. BDI was 583 on 4/7/15 and worked it's way up to a high of 1222 on 8/5/15 and fell to a low of 291 on 2/2 and now up to today's 471.
paid. You'd be better off having your broker reinvest the dividend when you get it. I know I get my dividends exactly on time and if they're reinvested it takes at most 2 days. No reason to let the company do it UNLESS they're giving you a discount per share for the DRIP. I have that with many of my dividend paying stocks and I have my broker (Schwab) do all the reinvesting.....No fees either.
The last week in March in Norway was "Hang John Fredriksen in Effigy" week. Many brokerages were closed which caused delays in many stock transactions. :~)
Well, it has gone up for the past month almost every day, albeit baby steps (like it did going down) and I did note a double from here would help a lot of companies. LOL.
Hawker: Those numbers were taken a few months back and I realized they weren't current but close enough. the SAB Hedge Fund announced back in Dec they were closing down and returning cash to investors so they sold a 6+ million share position back ten and has since shuttered. As I noted, if you take that number out of the 12/31 figures there's very little % change in ownership, considering 230 million shares outstanding. I bought a TON of NCT @ $.41 share back in '09 and although I sold my NCT I still have all my NRZ spin off shares, by far my biggest holding.
Glad to have you aboard and I noted that discussion you mentioned.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
There are 262 "funds" invested in NRZ. The numbers were posted here this past week. The net over the past 3 months was nearly static with buys and sells. There is no reason, with the volume NRZ trades that any fund that wants out can't get out. There have been many reasons posters here have suggested as to why NRZ's share price hasn't grown with it's business and a case can be made for just about any one of them. Management is just as puzzled as investors why the share price wallows but as a long term holder I'm very content to collect my dividends and wait for share price appreciation. HeII, it could go up to $25.00 and I doubt I'll sell. Why should I. There aren't many companies that have been growing and putting up the numbers that NRZ has been doing. Unless the fundamentals change NRZ is a gold mine. JMHO.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Out this morning. This will add to NRZ earnings and up their B/V: 8-K to be filed on 4/6 with more details. They just keep rolling along:
Together with funds managed by Blackstone, New Residential (NYSE:NRZ) purchased OneMain Holdings' 47% stake in four JV LLCs (known as the "SpringCastle Joint Venture") for $111.6M.The purchase brings NRZ's stake in the JV from 30% to 53.5%, and as a result, the fair value of SpingCastle's assets and liabilities will be reflected on the NRZ balance sheet as of March 31.