Sat, Apr 19, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

ConocoPhillips Message Board

bobjohnson178 6 posts  |  Last Activity: Jan 21, 2014 11:23 AM Member since: Mar 1, 2012
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • bobjohnson178 bobjohnson178 Jan 21, 2014 11:23 AM Flag

    I don't think any of those 4 points has anything to do with why the stock dropped. Are they possible? Maybe, but the biggest indicator to me was the guidance last quarter. They reported good numbers, but their guidance was below expectations.

  • Reply to

    My Take

    by pessemist Dec 10, 2013 1:29 PM
    bobjohnson178 bobjohnson178 Dec 10, 2013 3:36 PM Flag

    My investment in AMD has been dead money that hasn't made me anything. I was an AMD long that bought during the first push to the $4s and got in too late and am now looking to cut my losses during the pre-earnings run up. I'm more profitable in other areas and will be taking my money there. I may take a small short position via puts ahead of earnings but nothing more. Looking at how much money I could have made last quarter in AMD puts ahead of earnings hurt pretty bad. Stock dropped like a rock and I was stunned.

    Do not let some of these crazy pumpers get the real people here from seeing everything. I've watched this board for months and have been in situations where I agree with Pess and others where I do not, but he TYPICALLY provides his information in a clear manner and with a good enough backing that it actually makes sense. He has surely had some claims that I would call ludicrous, but he has also been right on some things also. One of those is the gap down Friday. Just because it has happened the past 2 quarters is no guarantee it happens again, it will all depend on the guidance provided within the earnings report.

    I will be putting in a protective stop on my AMD shares into earnings to prevent another huge loss on gap down Friday for sure. I am also debating a small short position via puts, but am still undecided there. Best of luck to everyone here.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • bobjohnson178 bobjohnson178 Nov 14, 2013 8:25 AM Flag

    Not a bad idea to dump and take profits if you have them. I got in late and am holding my shares here and will be loading up. CSCO is a long term plan for me that includes the IoE (Internet of Everything). With CSCO as the backbone for most of these devices and network infrastructure there is money to be made. Patience will be required, but I will be looking for the bottom here and adding some shares when the stock starts to turn. My FRIP will be good for this.

  • bobjohnson178 bobjohnson178 Oct 23, 2013 11:26 AM Flag

    I am eyeing some calls myself? $3.5 or $4 January 2014s.

  • Reply to

    Bunch of new names playing the Dead Cat Bounce

    by pessemist Oct 23, 2013 10:20 AM
    bobjohnson178 bobjohnson178 Oct 23, 2013 11:23 AM Flag

    Low $2s you think? I was going to say I wouldn't be surprised to see it break below $3, but low $2s seems a bit much.

    Since I missed playing gap down Friday last week I'm looking at playing the upswing into earnings with some $4 Jan calls. Maybe even the $3.5, but they are a bit pricey for me. Would like to find the resistant point prior to doing so though. Currently seems to be holding around $3.10-$3.15 for now.

  • bobjohnson178 bobjohnson178 Oct 22, 2013 9:57 AM Flag

    I find no post that you speak of. The last upgrade I can find on a simple google search is from September 11th 2013 when they were upgrade with a PT of $6. Provide the source and I'd be happy to believe you.

74.77+0.99(+1.34%)Apr 17 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.