% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Message Board

boobermonkey 9 posts  |  Last Activity: Mar 20, 2015 10:29 PM Member since: Jan 3, 2005
  • Reply to

    I just tripled my position...

    by sr.cosa Mar 20, 2015 5:30 PM
    boobermonkey boobermonkey Mar 20, 2015 10:29 PM Flag

    Yeah but 99% of the volume was at over $102, and less than 1% of the volume brought it down under $102...

  • Reply to

    Gilead inks deal with Anthem for Harvoni!

    by akadvisor2014 Jan 8, 2015 4:12 PM
    boobermonkey boobermonkey Jan 8, 2015 4:21 PM Flag

    Great news for retaining market share, but I'm curious to see what discount was negotiated. I guess we'll have to wait until Q4 results.

  • Reply to

    Hold your powder...

    by sasnik9 Jan 8, 2015 12:33 PM
    boobermonkey boobermonkey Jan 8, 2015 12:52 PM Flag

    Speaking of options, how about that big volume on the 104 calls that expire tomorrow? Does someone know something about script #s?

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Did IMOS kick off the buyback program today?

    by cliu1235 Dec 15, 2014 3:41 PM
    boobermonkey boobermonkey Dec 16, 2014 12:18 AM Flag

    During the last buy back, I remember some sort of (arbitrary?) rule where they weren't allowed to buy in the first and last 5 or 10 minutes of trading. Can anyone confirm?

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to


    by cd3313 Dec 8, 2014 2:29 PM
    boobermonkey boobermonkey Dec 8, 2014 11:41 PM Flag

    "...only loses money if Gild is below 105.72..."

    That's not true at all. If stock price heads to 100 at expiration, he/she would lose the calls and would also have to pay $10 to buy back the puts (if the puts were really sold today). Any downward movement from here is a loss.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    IMOS just raised guidance for Q3 !

    by zippybalto Sep 10, 2014 11:47 AM
    boobermonkey boobermonkey Sep 10, 2014 12:49 PM Flag

    I wish they would explicitly state that they are raising guidance instead of just saying they will hit the high end. Upping the range of revenue increase to 5-9% and increasing margins to 24-27% would have been much better than saying hitting the high end of prior guidance, IMHO.

    Nonetheless, fantastic number for August.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    JW's (August 20, 2013) article

    by jamcracker25 Sep 8, 2014 8:19 PM
    boobermonkey boobermonkey Sep 9, 2014 11:43 PM Flag

    If you have followed the company over the last 5 years (ie through this whole corporate structure collapse process), then you would know that management is overly prudent and does not want to get into legal trouble. They just finished buying back 1 million shares back from SPIL...expect at least 1-2 months of silence and inactivity on this front. How would it look if IMOS shareholders are paid out at $30 just 2 weeks after SPIL sells 1 million shares at $22 and change?

    I absolutely love how Chippy is executing on the operational level, and think share price will rise based on this. If we get a 25% premium, wouldn't it be better to get 25% on top of $27 or $28 rather than the current $23? Patience, my friends...

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    OT: GILD

    by hat_trick Aug 2, 2014 9:22 PM
    boobermonkey boobermonkey Aug 3, 2014 12:52 AM Flag

    Funny you should mention it here. Their new drug for hep C treatment, Sovaldi, is a grand slam, and they have others in the pipeline that are coming out in the near future. I am trying to build a position via selling puts so I get a better entry point. So far, put have expired worthless and I'm happy to collect the premium...

  • Reply to

    Suggestions on a fair conversion?

    by caffeine444444 Jul 3, 2014 3:32 PM
    boobermonkey boobermonkey Jul 8, 2014 2:47 AM Flag

    I'm not one to post many messages, but have been on the IMOS roller coaster since $30 pre-reverse split but was lucky enough to load the truck near the bottom. I've been trading IMOS on and off on the way up, and now have hold off on trading IMOS as I believe the end game is truly near and we could gap up to the $30 level any day now on the back of a corporate structure collapse announcement. My strategy is holding shares and selling puts.

    Of the many methods of conversions discussed, I am firmly against the 20 or 30-day window formula based on 8150 price. As some have pointed out, manipulation can easily be accomplished and 8150 price can be held down fairly easily since daily trading volume is only 2.7 million, or 115 million TWD ($3.8 million USD).

    We have been "nice" in the past and sold 8150 shares on the cheap at $20 TWD not that long ago to get Taiwan listing...maybe 8150 should return the favor and issue shares back to us at a discount, at say $25 or $30 TWD, in exchange for all the remaining cash in IMOS. Then, we can do a straight swap of IMOS shares (30 million) for an increased number of 8150 ADR (ie 522 million + x million bought with IMOS cash). At that point, the gap between IMOS and 8150 prices should be gone. If liquidity is a problem, then just register to move some ADR from NASDAQ back to Taiwan. The net effect is that IMOS as we know it will disappear, 8150 will increase its cash on hand but shares will be diluted, IMOS shareholders get a premium in conversion ratio, 8150 will trade on Nasdaq as ADR, and IMOS share price will be coupled to 8150 share price until conversion is carried out.

    Given the great business environment as Caff pointed out with LCD, memory and 4K TV, I would be happy to get additional 8150 shares...

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

23.76+0.15(+0.64%)Mar 26 4:00 PMEDT