The past is the ONLY thing you CAN analyze. Always has been, always will be.
The only person I ever saw that could analyze what hasn't yet occurred yet, ie. the future,was Carnac The Magnificent. My comment was based on over 15 years of what the company has done, which, by the way, is the best indicator of management's future actions. Of course it's no guarantee, but it's the best we can do.
You give nothing in the way of facts that support your view, at "Some day VERY soon" whenever that is. I'll take past performance as a better indicator, putting it ahead of speculation without merit, every day of the week. I know I won't win all the time, but it'll be one more thing in my favor.
This company is has paid a $0.31 quarterly dividend since the beginning of 1998, yes that's right, over 15 years ago. Not to mention that it was $0.305 prior to that. I'd say that is a pretty good history of stability. Not to mention that about 1/3 of its business is in banking, NOT utilities.
If you want to look at T/A and play support and resistance levels, that's fine---maybe a $23.50 support level and a $26.50 resistance level might be a good range to look at., In the meantime, a divy yield greater than 5% is pretty stable, and you can sleep well at night with this stock. There's NEVER a guarantee in owning shares of ANY company but any bashers are just trying to shake you out of your shares. Who knows, maybe they want to buy in cheaper too.
All I know is I'm pretty comfy with this stock for now, and if anyone would like to drive the price down to a good support level, I just might have to get my checkbook out again.
I used my imaginary coupon to add below $30. Thanks Mr. Market. I'll enjoy the divy going forward. The next decision will come when we get to the mid $30's as to whether or not I lighten up on some shares. I still believe you add shares if LNCO goes below $30, and sleep well at night.
With the news of the lawsuit being dismissed, and upcoming earnings announcement expected Aug. 4th, news for LNCO is positive. Look at a daily chart if you're a techie, and you see a nice cup formation. With a nice divy, you can afford to hold this stock. The divy seems to be very secure now. LNCO should be heading to the $34-35 range in short order for another 10% gain, JMO. In the meantime, I'll take a 9%+ monthly divy to the bank. The bad new is in the rear view mirror. Time to add to this winner now trading @ $31.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Up $1.35 on twice normal volume should be a pretty good indicator. Could be a good indicator that it's headed toward $40/sh. by summer's end? It hasn't been there for a couple of years, but could revisit.
and......there is NO place for logic to play out in financial markets, contrary to opinion. It's more emotional than logical.
Besides that, you are right....LNCO belongs exactly where it is, but if you read my post closely, I stated "before summer".... NOT today.
It would be nice to see it there before summer. It's been manhandled way too much, but in the meantime, the divi will have to satisfy everyone. It's NOT going anywhere, and it's NOT going lower. Now, that being said, it's time for the share price to get back where it belongs.
(Source: Achilles Research)
Philip Morris remains a strong dividend player in the sector. With an estimated intrinsic value of approximately $106 per share, the dividend champion still has attractive upside potential of 27% while the company also has a solid dividend yield of 4.52%. Tobacco companies such as Philip Morris are still highly attractive income vehicles for investors accentuating recurring cash flows. Long-term buy.
Does anyone know the track record of recommendations by Achilles research? $106 seems doable, but might take some time to get there.
...by ME, to a strong Buy.. Below $25 is a bargain, and with a nice 5% yield, you can afford to hold it. This drop today is based solely on tsunami possibility as a fallou from Chilean earthquake, and will soon fade away. Go Long now, and be happy for a Long, Long time.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
If GSI can break above $1.40 sh., it would more than likely be a pretty good breakout toward the $2.00 level. The volume is starting to show that move already, but it could also be a fakeout. It's been held down so, so, long that it appears to be a real upside move to me. Let's see if it can attain a $2 trade in the near future. Cance takers looking pretty good right now. JMO.
ortho, if you don't mind my asking, what program or website do you use to find a big option play like this? Is there some screener that you use to see a big increase in a particular option play like this? I don't see how this is available oh Yahoo finance, so any help would be appreciated. TIA.