JMO, but I think we're headed back to the $16+ range short term. Now @ $14.33
and, the announcement will be made within 2 weeks. If you're considering going Long, now is the time to put up. Just read the current news headlines, and it's easy to speculate that based on the current 52 wk. high of $39.50, that it will be taken out in 2014, not to mention a nice yield while you wait. JMO, but I rate this one a strong buy, and I'm a buyer of more on any weakness.
...But, it also reports a 375% payout ratio. It would seem that a divi cut might be in the cards, unless there is some other catalyst that I can't seem to find. Anyone have any insight into what we might be looking at regarding their divi being maintained next year?
Goldman wants your shares badly, hence the downgrade.
If management of PM wants to send a message, make them pay dearly for the shares.
My post was about the next 52 week period. You seem to have shortened it to 6 weeks, and yes, I agree about the $36-37 range for THIS year, however, the 40% I referred to was for a full year, not a month and a half.
....and, during the next 52 weeks, that should easily be surpassed.
Not too bad for income, either. After all, a $10+ gain from here along with divis will generate a 40% return. Who needs tech stocks when you have this kind of potential. The odds are in favor of the Longs right now. JMO. Other opinions welcome.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
...that the ex dividend date is showing as March 6, 2014? So nuch bad info these days on Yahoo Finance. BTW thumbs down on the new format. Can't find the earnings announcement date anymore. I used to be on the stocks tab, but I can't seem to locate it now.
Now this is strange, cuz I know I typed it right, an proof read it too. Go figure, Yahoo boards?
Sorry for the mistype.....should read.......It was as low #$%$90 just this past March, etc.
My fat fingers got me again.
It was as low #$%$90 just this past March, '13. It also traded in the mid $4's in summer '12.
Scary call on this one. Price action seems to point to significantly lower share price. JMO, but I'm on the sidelines for now.
They're notorious for putting negative spin on a company, or issuing a downgrade, wile accumulating shares in the company. If you don't believe it, ask someone else that if familiar with the way they do business. You'll likely be told the same thing. JMO.
The only thing that will stop the run up is if the BRY shareholders nix the deal. I think the additional dividend income would negate any reason to call it off, but if the do call it off, there are still many other deals for LINE to pursuit. Either way, LINE is a solid BUY at this level. Once people realize that the SEC never officially closes an inquiry, and they get more comfortable with it, they'll see that LINE is a stable, good trade or investment for income,either Long term or Short term. JMO. Long and Strong.
The point I was trying to make is that the SEC NEVER finishes an investigation, they just let it evaporate over time. That way if anything ever is in question, they just bring it back to the forefront. They wil NOT close it. Unfortunately, that's the way they operate. I've seen this happen several times with publicly traded companies. JMO.
Whenever the SEC opens an investigation of any company, it Never seems to close the investigation when NO wrongdoing is discovered. It just lets the inquiry evaporate slowly, so that is something that we all have to accept. That seems to be what has happened with LINE, a mere slap on the wrist. It's just a waste of time and $$$ that we all have to deal with.
LINE will prosper whether or not the Berry deal is completed. Another opportunity will surface if the Berry deal falls through, however, it would be nice to see management come to a resolution on the deal quickly. I just have to wonder how much longer we will have to wait for the answer.
My charts shows the RSI intraday today at 8.27. With the stock price down 8 days in a row (including today through 3:00pm EST) and down $2.00 over that period, it's way oversold. Unless there is some smoke we don't yet know about, a bounce would be expected here, with the stock price currently at $16.19. JMO.